Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

I just had multiple repairs done to my Skulls. The total cost was $34. They're about 1.5 years old, worn maybe 7-8 months during that time, soaked once, and washed twice.

The patch was half off so I had restiched. (Cost: $2)

IMG_1227.jpg

The stitching around the pocket had fallen off so I had this reinforced. And...

IMG_1231.jpg

The pocket itself had ripped on the inside. I had this patched up. (Cost: $12)

IMG_1232.jpg

The stitching around the buttonholes was pretty much all gone. The holes had started to tear open. The second one from the top was about to rip right through. The tailor stiched all this by hand. (Cost: $20)

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

And here are some pics of the entire front and back. (Cost: Priceless, Duh.)

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

Bonus knee shot.

IMG_1244.jpg

Dude, b-e-a-uuutiful whiskers. Love the contrast there. Good work.

Here are the latest photos of my Skulls. If you'd like to see the full evolution, I've posted photos in the evo thread: link

2 years 1 month

Skull 5010xx 6x6 raw

machine washed 6 times, hang dry

I am making repairs very often now and the seat is almost ready to give out.

38a737ed.jpg

35c1557e.jpg

468b8bca.jpg

84e8d691.jpg

313fa876.jpg

i just really want these raw jeans. i looked through almost every page in this thread last night and just the pure happiness of people wearing there japanese selvedge skull jeans made me smile. i just want to be happy and wear these jeans. i try so hard to fit in, i just want that guy to notice on the street and say "Hey, bro is that Skull denim? i see the red tab" and i can look back in his eyes, and say "why yes, these are skulls. i'm glad you like them".

lol, re-quoted for good laughs. this guy didn't deserve to get banned.

that happened to me at a mall in gainesville (i think? where's UF?) some guy recognized my jeans being from the skull contest, asked me if i was "en-oh-gee," etc. our girlfriends were both pretty creeped out. the whole encounter made the blood rush to my head.

i just really want these raw jeans. i looked through almost every page in this thread last night and just the pure happiness of people wearing there japanese selvedge skull jeans made me smile. i just want to be happy and wear these jeans. i try so hard to fit in, i just want that guy to notice on the street and say "Hey, bro is that Skull denim? i see the red tab" and i can look back in his eyes, and say "why yes, these are skulls. i'm glad you like them".

lol, re-quoted for good laughs. this guy didn't deserve to get banned.

Mission accomplished. Thank you. And I agree, this dude did not deserved to get banned, that was a pretty funny conversation.

that happened to me at a mall in gainesville (i think? where's UF?) some guy recognized my jeans being from the skull contest, asked me if i was "en-oh-gee," etc. our girlfriends were both pretty creeped out. the whole encounter made the blood rush to my head.

which head?

I live in Orlando and when visiting NYC on the train from BK to manhattan i had the same situation occur and both girls we were with just rolled their eyes

I have a sizing question (shocking!).

I'd like a pair of 5010 6x6 that fit somewhat snugly after a bit of wear; not skin tight, and not droopy.

Where I wear my jeans has an measurement of 36"-ish. (A little less some days.)

I have worn Samurai S5000BK lot 10s, size 35, and those fit great in the waist and relaxed everywhere else. SEXFH05s in 36 that are pretty relaxed-fit, and which I can take off without unbuttoning any buttons if I'm not wearing a belt. Nudie Slim Jim dry black coated in 34 that fit really, really great. AW Grifters in 34 that are fine in the waist, very slightly (but wearably) tight in the thighs, fine below there, but crazy tight through the hips (enough that I'm selling them).

(And APS NS in 34 that fit like lounge pants.)

Does all that help triangulate which size would work for me? It seems like either 34 or 35 would be best; 35 seems safest, but I don't want to end up with pants as loose-fitting as e.g. the SEXFH05s I mentioned. I also don't want to end up with pants I don't enjoy wearing and want to sell, like the Grifters.

last minute sizing questions...

basically, having only really worn APCs in the past, vanity sizing has really fucked with my head. I've got a pair of 26 tagged PS's, but they now measure about 15" along the backside of the waistband. They're still pretty snug, the top button has a BIT of pull. Where I wear them measures just around 31". An inch or two below my belly button is just a shade under 31. My waist at it's smallest, so above the belly-button, is about 29". I think I just have an awkward build or something, because I'm only about 5'10/135-140, so a tagged 30 almost seems too big.

Basically, I'm trying to decide between a 28 and 30. The 30 has some wear and has stretched out to about 31", so I'm thinking I go with that. The 28 has less wear and is apparently at about 29.5, but can supposedly hit 30.

Thoughts? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the 30s.

Sorry for such a comprehensive detailing of my body...