Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

^ in my experience, they shrink up a lot with multiple hot washes. If you soak it will mostly just shrink the denim. If you hot wash with lots of agitation and then dry with a space heater or even tumble dry it will shrink the thread and seams and give the classic chain stitched look. This will also remove most of the starch and a little bit of surface indigo. If that bothers you then Just get a size or two smaller and wear them raw. Just wondering, what is your body type? try measuring your thighs and try to match them to a size chart. Assuming you want a slim look of course...

I'm rail thin. Here are some terrible, filthy-mirrored pics

dsc00272copy.jpg

dsc00292copy.jpg

They're not too bad. They've got a bit of wear on 'em, some fading on the back pocket and right knee, and they're not really stiff at all. I went based on measurements: he had a 28 and a 30. The waist is fine on the 30, I think; it's not snug but it's not falling down, either. The thighs seem a little big though, there's some flare if I push it from the back. Front pocket is totally functional too, which I'm told is a rarity!

I might keep, I might tailor or I might try to trade. Who knows. It could be a nice alternative to my Petit Standards, which are pretty close to painted on, but the thigh fit is really what's getting me. It's a little awkward from the knee down, too.

Surprised these are still holding up.

I've been basically trying to tear these apart because I no longer care about them. Had them for two years, thought they would be done a few months ago. Washing them probably once every week or two now, worn pretty hard.

4385080391_89fa00b53e.jpg

4385080345_f340b73607.jpg

First pic better represents the color. Second pic is pink-tinted and darker with higher contrast, not sure how that happened.... But it still gives you a good idea of how nice the fading on the back knee went.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I'm very happy with the results as well.

I will be doing new pics of my 5010xx as soon as we get some sunshine around here so you can see the true colors in natural light.

I'll be posting those in the evolution thread as well, I think I have some older pics so there can be some comparison. I'm thinking of patching the crotch and back pocket up so I can get a few more months of wear out of them, possibly. At this point I really don't mind what happens to them it's been a lot of fun and I'm just trying to get to the point where I absolutely have to retire them :P.

Haven't been much into the denim fading game lately so my skulls might be the last pair of denim I play with for awhile...

I have some questions. The measurements given on selfedge and BiG for 5507 and 5010 are different. Which is more accurate. For 5507xx 6x6, the sz34, BiG states that the waist is 36.5 inch, while selfedge says it's 35.4. It's 1 whole inch of difference.

I'd say the Self Edge measurement is likely closer to accurate. I have a pair of size 34 5507s, purchased from BiG, and the waist currently measures 18" laying flat, which equals a roughly 36" waist...

They are currently for sale actually, if anyone has any interest. ;)

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2178034#post2178034

Is someone selling skulls? Can you shoot me the link? Thanks.

Is someone selling skulls? Can you shoot me the link? Thanks.

I have a pair of 5010xx I'm considering selling. Bought 'em off Supermarket. They're a little used, but the only "major" fading is a wallet fade on the back right pocket. I'd rather trade for a pair of 29s but if you're interested I'm selling them for 170USD, which is what I paid. Tagged size 30. Pictures are gonna come when I get a chance.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=194793

as another bigish guy (sufu standards) I think these are absolutely perfect. Please do not size down. +repped

I actually did end up sizing down to the 34s, and they're exactly the fit I wanted.

I think the 35s would have been fine, just a bit different than what I was going for.

I'll have daylight to work with tomorrow, so I'll put up a picture of the rare 34" post-soak 5010s. (Seriously, I have to treat most SF/sufu fit pictures as well-intentioned lies for my purposes.)

Quick impressions after 4 days of wear: love the fit, love the color. The fit is kind of the perfect neutral cut on me personally. Everything I was looking for with this particular purchase.