Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

10 minutes ago, JMS said:

So, If I'm a W32, do I need to order a W35 of the OA01xx? 

@scooby Can you throw up a waist measurement? 

Tagged 34 or 35 could work, but I highly suggest looking at the size charts from S&S and giving yourself 1-1.5” in the waist for shrinkage

Ooe denim shrinks a lot over time but stretches back out with ease

Yeah, the prevailing wisdom is that they shrink from tag size and pretty easily stretch back to tag size (with cold wash and hang dry). Using that as a guide, if you want slim and trim proper fit after stretch, go true to size (cold wash/hang dry) or +1 (hot wash and/or tumble) knowing that they'll need to stretch to fit each wash. In my case, that would be a 31 (cold wash/hang dry) that hurts a bit out of the wash or 32 (hot wash and/or tumble).

If you're like me and you more care about comfort out of the wash, select the size you want them to stretch to. Again, they'll pretty easily stretch to tag (cold wash/hang dry). I want my jeans to stretch to about a 32ish after a couple weeks of wear. I would go for the 32 (cold wash/hang dry) for my measured 31 waist (TTS) or 33 (hot wash and/or tumble). 

If I want stretch to slouch, I'd go up to a 33 (cold wash/hang dry) or 34 (hot wash and/or tumble). After a bit of wear, they'll be bagged out and badly need a belt, but I know that's in fashion with the heritage crowd atm.

Edited by Jared_Lee
*Edited to reflect accurate observations from @Josh'N'Roll. Now shows sizing rec's with respect to care*

I'm usually a size 31 and just received my 01s in size 33.  The waist measures just slightly over 16" raw.  I can provide measurements if anyone wants them (pre and/or post wash).  I'll probably try to get all the shrink out this weekend. I'm thinking a 32 might have been a little small in the waist for me, I'm glad I went 2 up!

On 6/30/2022 at 11:35 AM, Jared_Lee said:

Yeah, the prevailing wisdom is that they shrink from tag size and pretty easily stretch back to tag size.

My experience with OA jeans has been a different. I've had the 01 and 02 cuts in the XX2 and XX3 denim and none of my pairs stretched back to raw measurements at the waist. All shrank from tag size and settled 1"-2" below tag size at the waist after multiple washes (including an initial hot machine wash) and hang dry. I've always sized up 2 and this has worked well. Could be different for the new denim, I suppose.

Yes, to clarify, that is with cold wash and hang dry as care.

Hot wash and/or machine dry will take up to another 1" off most any unsanforized denim.

On 7/5/2022 at 5:51 PM, aho said:

Finally got a chance to wash my new OA01XX after receiving last week. Probably the all around best pair of Ooe's yet IMO (though 03 cut remains my favorite fit). Fabric seems to have fairly fast fading properties based on some crocking out of the washing machine, but it's a perfect weight for all seasons:

p3D53550F-A68F-4E41-AE86-4FB5594A90AB-82692-00001AA02799476F.thumb.jpg.d832ed5de3195595dd054e7cfc416d65.jpg

Also gave my 02's a wash, as they'll be relegated to random house/chore wear now that the 01's have arrived. Around 8 months of effective wear, and countless washes:

p183E8168-9769-4C11-AB85-1DD41F295DAD-82169-00001A9143C599B4.thumb.jpg.f98e53f959ba2210eece18bda0579fa7.jpg

The two together:

p1AD055E6-9C9F-4782-9C7C-28B9855977C7-82692-00001AA05A59B4B9.thumb.jpg.eda49c4bf99053e8900795e2fa16eb73.jpg

Hey, those OA01’s are the new XX4 denim correct?  How did you wash them and how much shrinkage did you get?

I picked up mine today.  When going through the ordering process and emailing OOE a few times, I got the impression from them this denim shrinks a lot.  Ryo suggested up to 4” on the inseam.  

Hate to ask this again, but anyone know if these be on sale via normal retail at all? I'm still looking to get a pair but seeing as I am not hype enough to know about pre-orders (esp if it's not posted here) I never know about this stuff. I messaged them awhile back about a pair, but Ryo told me that I couldn't order them since I didn't already own a pair - it seemed he was sure I'd mess up the sizing. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

2 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

Hate to ask this again, but anyone know if these be on sale via normal retail at all? I'm still looking to get a pair but seeing as I am not hype enough to know about pre-orders (esp if it's not posted here) I never know about this stuff. I messaged them awhile back about a pair, but Ryo told me that I couldn't order them since I didn't already own a pair - it seemed he was sure I'd mess up the sizing. 

Not sure if the same jeans but I think Standard and Strange is supposed to be receiving a new OOE shipment soon. 

I told Ryo the jeans I have now and their sizes for this order as well.  I went up 2 for all.  

4 hours ago, Smallrod said:

Hey, those OA01’s are the new XX4 denim correct?  How did you wash them and how much shrinkage did you get?

I picked up mine today.  When going through the ordering process and emailing OOE a few times, I got the impression from them this denim shrinks a lot.  Ryo suggested up to 4” on the inseam.  

Yup these are the new fabric! Unfortunately I don't/didn't measure my jeans before or after, at this point I just order my waist +2 inches (same size in all Ooe to be honest) and know it'll work out lol

I washed them on hot + threw them in the dryer once and they turned out fine. They do seem to have a little stretch to them, so the shrinkage part Ryo mentions is likely true (lots of shrink, lots of stretch), but more notably they seem to have crocked more than their past fabrics have from such a wash routine. The fading properties/tendency toward crocking seem quite similar to the speeds of Warehouse fabric this time around. I'm looking forward to breaking them in! The fabric on my OA02XX-505C (I think that's the code?) are some of the harder to fade fabrics I've experienced from Ooe

11 hours ago, Smallrod said:

Not sure if the same jeans but I think Standard and Strange is supposed to be receiving a new OOE shipment soon. 

I told Ryo the jeans I have now and their sizes for this order as well.  I went up 2 for all.  

Is there any standard wisdom for ppl in btwn sizes? My ideal waist is usually 29.5 - I can wear 29's or 30's but it tends to depend on the margins of the maker. Looking at 31 or 32 for Ooe. I'm 29 in WH, 30 in SC. I guess, how is the stretching in the thighs? If it's nothing to minimal probably be safer at 32, even though I don't like a loose waist. 

@AlientoyWorkmachine, that's not really a question anyone can answer for you. It's a matter of preference. If you want the most fitted look at the possible expense of being very tight out of the wash, choosing the smaller when in between is advisable. I prefer a little too loose after stretch than a little too tight after wash, so I select the larger when in between.

Aho's sizing is spot on. I always look at 31" as my starting point, then find the raw waist that is +2" from there - 33". It has never failed across any unsanforized fabric I've bought. Given the choice between +1.5" and +2.5", I'm going +2.5". In the case of these Ooe's, that's size 33 for me.

10 minutes ago, shredwin_206 said:

I’d really love to try some OOE but they always sell out crazy quick. 
maybe this will be my chance to get a pair. 

haha i keep thinking that but after more than a year i have my doubts - unless S+S is getting like a serious shipment in? i feel like you need to like, have instagram and be vigilant on that. 

S&S sends out a launch date/time to its e-mail subscriber list. If you treat it like a Roy launch and have the page up to order as it goes live, it's very likely you'll get your size.

I have a habit of throwing my hemmed denim scraps into the laundry to see how they fade over time. The top fabric is Cone Denim from my OA03XX-BS (Barnstormers) at around ten months old. The bottom fabric is the new OAXX4 fabric from my recent buy earlier this month. As you can see, the new OAXX4 is most definitely a fast fader, with the Cone Denim holding on to it's color very well. I figure it just around 5/6 washes for the new fabric, which is already showing some white from the high impact areas.

7A9060BB-1FAE-4A9C-B9BD-4349ABB1BE1F-81679-00000CBF0D862EEC.jpg

Edited by aho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...