3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

too bad I missed the start of this contest - the SL-100x look like awesome jeans. This will be my 2nd pair of raw denim, I am looking forward to getting them. I am a true 34" and SE suggested ordering a 32"

And I am very stoked to be a new member here!

I got my Slim Fit ST-100x in a size 31. Measured then and they are just as the Self Edge website says: 32.5" waist.

Here are a few fit pictures: I am really pleased with the fit of these!!!

This is outside in direct sunlight:

4-1.jpg

And inside - camera phone has bad color adjustment:

3.jpg

better inside picture in regard to color:

2.jpg

Overall very pleased with these jeans and the online ordering process through Self Edge was top-notch, great customer service!

Sounds about right. I don't own a pair of Skulls or PBJ, but I'd be either a 31 or 32 in the Skulls and I wear a 30 in the 3sixteen ST (and SL). My true waist is 32".

If you're in NYC, I'd suggest visiting Self Edge NY to try on a pair. Nice folks there; just remember to keep a leash on your wallet or you'll be leaving with more than you were looking for when you walked in.

Just sharing some pics...

3 months:

The blue is really beginning to peak through the black dye. It's hard to capture on camera, but the jeans are really more of a dark dark blue instead of black now.

Those look awesome. the blue fade is really cool!!!

I have a pair of these ST-210 size 30 that I am selling in the supermarket.

I soaked them in hot water for 30 minutes out of the box, then dried it on high heat for 30 minutes, it didn't do much. Then, after wearing them 2 days, I soaked them again (this time for only a minute or less as to not lose more dye), and popped em in the dryer for 20-25 for that damp feel (to make faster honeycombs). Once the denim stretched out in the knees and I got the desired honeycombs I wanted, I threw them in the dryer AGAIN for 30 minutes just to shrink the cotton down after all that stretching. Finally, they fit slightly tighter than out of the box, but I still have a good 1-1.5 inches in the waist that I can pull out. Needless to say, they're snug at the moment but they could definitely be tighter since I know they'll stretch out more with time.

honestly, I'm having a hard time figuring out which size is right for me. i could be either a 31 or 32" in ST-100x. SE's website says the denim can stretch up to 1.5", so if I wear a tagged 31... will that bring me to a true size of 34"? If I choose a 32, that brings me to a 35"? I bought a 33" by accident at SESF, so I'm opting to purchase another pair for a slimmer fit, but which one...

presoak:

IMG00005-20091203-2241.jpg

after soak:

IMG00028-20091208-0151-1.jpg

IMG00022-20091208-0142-1.jpg

the dye is actually much darker than that still; the flash is deceiving.

mmm maybe so but the only reason i soaked/dried them so much was because I was trying to get them down to size.. I pretty much fucked up their whole process of fading but I was doing so to figure out what size I should have gotten.

Still unsure between the 31/32. your feedback is appreciated.

I'm kind of surprised that no one has mentioned or put up pictures of the grey raw that 3sixteen has. They are non-selvage though so what kind of denim it's made of is up in the air. I've got a pair myself that are still early in the works

mmm maybe so but the only reason i soaked/dried them so much was because I was trying to get them down to size.. I pretty much fucked up their whole process of fading but I was doing so to figure out what size I should have gotten.

Still unsure between the 31/32. your feedback is appreciated.

kix is right. You are thinking about this too much. The second fit pictures you posted look proper. You will fuck up your bowel movement and lose circulation to your legs if you size down.

And no, you did not fuck up the fading process by soaking them a couple of times. The quality of the fabric and dye for this denim (or any denim worth mentioning on SuFu) is good enough that there is no significant indigo loss from a soak or even a wash. FYI, I soaked mine pretty early on and they look just fine.