Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Got a pair of Premium Edo Ai's and did a moderately warm soak for 2 hours, let them dry for about 12 hours and then did a hot air dry on the seat and upper thighs. They shrank in length about 2" and in the waist maybe a half inch. They wrinkled up a lot too but the texture of the fabric got a lot more interesting. The veggie indigo comes off like nothing, it's crazy and feels slightly pasty too. I'll probably rock the cuffs seeing as how there's so much more room up top than at the calf. I tried stretch the calves out too, but that wasn't working and I was getting worried about how much indigo I was losing. Still have yet to restarch them.

Haven't posted for a while, just been absorbing the knowledge and wearing my '47 Canes. They arrived March 7th 06, and I have worn them solidily since then. I might as well have only one pair of trousers... 1 warm soak when they arrived and a hot wash with no detergent some time in May.

1j.jpg

2j.jpg

Real hard keeping them clean with a 12 month old toddler running round. They got biscuit, juice, banana, pasta sauce and oyster sauce on them (and more I expect)! Back pocket details include leather wallet on right and small pocket knife/tool thing on the left. Handy to have.

I think they are beginning to smell. icon_smile_tongue.gif

...and to think I actually used to iron denim.

swooc, I got my 47As (one wash, not raw) in the same size I'd wear regular 'contemporary' off the shelf 501s. If I did it again, I'd size down to a 33inch. MAYBE even a 32 as they stretch and bag out a bit.

...and to think I actually used to iron denim.

Quote:

swooc, I got my 47As (one wash, not raw) in the same size I'd wear regular 'contemporary' off the shelf 501s. If I did it again, I'd size down to a 33inch. MAYBE even a 32 as they stretch and bag out a bit.

--- Original message by punyfig on Jun 15, 2006 12:22 PM

How was the waist when you first got them? Dead on 34 and they stretched out from there?

I'm currently in the same boat as swooc, torn between 31 or 32 waist.

Quote:

--- Original message by punyfig on Jun 15, 2006 12:22 PM

thanks for the headsup punyfig, yeah im quite torned in deciding whether i should get a 31 or 32. A levis 32 fits me just right and 31 would be really tite. But if a 31 will streched to a 32 im happy.

Damn deciding is hard :P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, does sugarcane 47 (one washed) comes in different lengths? The sizing on different rakuten stores give different lengths. Hinoya list the inseam as 88cm for a waist 34, Bear list the inseam as 82cm Anybody has bought from them before can help measure the inseam? I am deciding which store to get the jeans from.

I am asking my friend to help me get a pair when he goes to tokyo. Hinoya seems to be easiest to find but 88cm inseam is too long for me. Is Bear's shop easy to find?

Got a pair of Premium Edo Ai's and did a moderately warm soak for 2 hours, let them dry for about 12 hours and then did a hot air dry on the seat and upper thighs. They shrank in length about 2" and in the waist maybe a half inch.

This is interesting. You have a pair of the SC40500N's? My raw pair of these in a size 30 measure exactly 32" around the waist in raw state, I was hoping they would shrink to tag size as the earlier pages suggest and then stretch to 31". Can you confirm that yours did not shrink to tag size? Thanks in advance.

This is interesting. You have a pair of the SC40500N's? My raw pair of these in a size 30 measure exactly 32" around the waist in raw state, I was hoping they would shrink to tag size as the earlier pages suggest and then stretch to 31". Can you confirm that yours did not shrink to tag size? Thanks in advance.

I can confirm my 33 shrank to tag size but has stretched to a 34.

Hi,

I haven't seen any reference to that before, and I didn't find any indication on my SC47s that they're made in Japan (I know a lot of other japanese made jeans do claim that they're made in Japan).

Also I didn't see any reference for 47s being made in Japan on any of the Rakuten stores (Other SC pairs are claimed to be M.I.J).

So, are they and if not where are SC47s made?

Chipopo

Hey guys, I just soaked my sugarcanes (47' dry) after six months of wear. Funny thing, I bought the jeans 32X34. I soaked it twice in the beginning and I thought it was enough. It had shrunk down to about 33 waist. Now after the third time it completely shrunk to 32. I'm actually a 33 3/4 waist so I hope that these jeans do a good job of stretching out. In any case I am very happy with my purchase!

Hi,

I haven't seen any reference to that before, and I didn't find any indication on my SC47s that they're made in Japan (I know a lot of other japanese made jeans do claim that they're made in Japan).

Also I didn't see any reference for 47s being made in Japan on any of the Rakuten stores (Other SC pairs are claimed to be M.I.J).

So, are they and if not where are SC47s made?

Chipopo

theyre made in tokyo. japanese law does not require companies to label wear they were made. in fact, the US is the only one that requires this by law.

Hi there. I'm a first-time poster, although I've a regular watcher for a while. Anyway, I bought a pair of the 1947 Sugar Canes last week. They are splendid jeans, but in terms of queries about fit - I've got the '47s in a 34in waist and I reckon they're closer to a 33in.

CAFC--freshly washed and dried (i assume you bought one-wash) the 34 will measure a little less than 33.5, and will seem almost slim-fit. it will very quickly stretch to a true 34 and get baggy in the rear. like in an hour or two (in a week you'll probably want to post that they've stretched way too much).

Anybody know if I could order from here to deliver to the UK? http://www.takeoff-clothing.com/shop/brand/67/1.html

I can never make head nor tail of these sites but the jeans are £70 before any taxes etc. Bargain!

I spent a lot of of money on booze, birds and

fast cars. The rest I just squandered - George Best

Togged.com, based in the UK, sell Sugar Canes at £149 for the 1945s and 1947s. I bought a pair of 1947s from them last week and their service was fantastic. I was also very pleased to hear that Darren Bent from my team, Charlton, will be modeling Sugar Canes on the new Togged home page very soon!

CAFC--freshly washed and dried (i assume you bought one-wash) the 34 will measure a little less than 33.5, and will seem almost slim-fit. it will very quickly stretch to a true 34 and get baggy in the rear. like in an hour or two (in a week you'll probably want to post that they've stretched way too much).

No, I went for the dry 'non-wash' variety, but they do feel looser after this first week. My Baggy Bjorns in a 34in waist on the other hand are hanging off me (but that's another thread)!

No, I went for the dry 'non-wash' variety, but they do feel looser after this first week. My Baggy Bjorns in a 34in waist on the other hand are hanging off me (but that's another thread)!

that's interesting. dry, SC 47's in a 34 usually measure a bit over 34 dry (mine did, and i think the consensus experience with SC is that they measure out very consistently). be aware that you'll loose about 1/2 inch in the waist from what they were originally after your first wash. not that it matters, they'll stretch. in fact, it might be a good thing that yours came in a bit on the tight side--if i were to buy 'em again i'd definately have sized down to a 33. enjoy them.