Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

I have 45 which are a pretty straight leg (most sugarcanes are) from what I have seen the 45s are a bit slimmer in the thigh and bum bum then the 47s but it is still a "full figured jean" I am not a big boy but I am beefier than most sf'ers (6'1" 190lbs) and the 45 is still a full cut for me not very slim at all.

I purchased a 1947A (one wash), and it didn't seem all that baggy. It's no where being skinny fit though.

considering that im lanky, 5'11 140 or so they are baggy on me. im sure if i had more weight on me then they'd be fine.

i guess what im trying to say is if you have a slim build and are considering sugarcane for a slim fit you should look else where for jeans.

Hey AsherC, did you buy one wash oki's or raw oki's? I ordered from mario as well (oki's) and am waiting for the shipment to Los Angeles. Question: How do they fit and are they baggy?

I decided the soak my one wash oki's after a few months of wear...I'm hoping the bleeding will stop...everything I've worn them with has turned blue!

I wouldn't say they're "baggy", but they're not slim cut. Just a straight leg 501-like cut.

I think I wanna splurge a little and I've decide SC is the only super japanese straight from japan denim.

I want straight fit, and slightly slim fitting.

Edo-Ai? Okinawa? Hawaii?

i'll be nice. no sugarcane cut is like new standards and even more so none would be like cures. sugarcanes are historic levi's cuts. slimmest being the 66 levis i believe. the lee ones runs slimmer, but never "slim". try skull, flathead, somet, etc.

i'll be nice. no sugarcane cut is like new standards and even more so none would be like cures. sugarcanes are historic levi's cuts. slimmest being the 66 levis i believe. the lee ones runs slimmer, but never "slim". try skull, flathead, somet, etc.

cool. thanks. i had no idea =) time to look elsewhere....

Which Sugar Canes fit most like a cross between a New Standard and New Cure?
I think I wanna splurge a little and I've decide SC is the only super japanese straight from japan denim.

I want straight fit, and slightly slim fitting.

Edo-Ai? Okinawa? Hawaii?

cool. thanks. i had no idea =) time to look elsewhere....

At least you put some thought into your question before you posted.

tabs and arcs have been removed from canes for quite a while now so i think you'd be lucky if you found someone selling them. I know I have recently seen some pictures of the jeans with tabs and arcs on some of the lesser known rakuten pages but i can't remember any specifics, nor do i know if they're actually selling them like that or if they've just neglected to change the pictures. try a rakuten search and look at the images that come up.

Boy am I glad I ordered from Zipangu when I did. Not only did I get my Okinawa's at almost half price but they still have the tab which I don't give half a shit about but everyone seems to go crazy about them. I'll post some pictures of the fit when I have time but overall the more I wear them the more I like them - although I think they need to be hemmed an inch or so because of the wider leg opening (than I'm used to).

Just thought I'd let everyone know our current selection at Deep Sleep for Sugar Canes:

Union Stars

'47s

'66s

Hawaii's

Okinawa's

so come in and check them out or message me if you're interested in purchasing a pair over the phone. thanks for letting be annoying and announcing inventory.

xPost from WAYWT...

Finals were put into place for the SEXSC02, we're looking at August 15... i'm blown away at how well this project turned out for both SE and SC...

Benny (Take5Jeans), Mr. Tanaka (Toyo/Sugarcane), Me

Look out for the SEXT5JXSC

DSC00104-702904.JPG

Benny

-Samurai

-Samurai

-KC's

-KC's

-KC's

-Flat Head S5003

-Flat Head

Mr. Tanaka