Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

2. And does anyone have pictures of themselves/someone else in any one of these pairs: 47's, Okinawa, or Hawaii?

Thanks for all the help

Can't wait to order them. :)

These are my unsoaked (I dont intend on soaking them either) Hawaiis sz 30-34. Not the best pics of fit but maybe you get the idea. I''m 171 cm in height and around 60 kilos in weight...

hawaiifit001.jpg

hawaiifit002.jpg

wow ive read all 71 pages

so ive got a few questions before i buy my okinawas, my minimum actual waist is 29 but i wear a 28 in slim jim , would it be worth me getting a 27 waist okinawa? are they able to stretch that much

so ive got a few questions before i buy my okinawas, my minimum actual waist is 29 but i wear a 28 in slim jim , would it be worth me getting a 27 waist okinawa? are they able to stretch that much

you looking at raw or one wash? I normally wear a 30, and I got a 31 in one wash

Mmm just arrived in the mail yesterday was my Sugar Cane X Begins in raw/32".

I took a snap with my 1947's laid over the top, soi you can see how much they're probably going to shrink if they go back to the same tagged size!

They got a 2hr hot soak in salty water and I nearly cried at the amount of colour that came off in the bath, but Ill remeasure them when they're dry.

DSCN5027.JPG

till

Congrats on the pick up of the Begins! They are a most amazing fabric no? I really miss mine now that they are gone. I really hope SC will make the fabric again but in a slimmer fit!

I just got em on now after a hot tumble dry, the soak didnt shrink them back enough and they still had major sadlebags. Seems a lot better now. The red text dropped off the patch after a soak though, wtf is with that?

Yeah mine were from mil-mil, they're a fairly helpful bunch really.

The fabric, its plain nuts and they're decidely out of tune with the rest of my clothes, but you cant pass up such crazy oddities when they happen i figured.

Ill see if I can get a snap of them against my '47s for comparison sometime soonish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsherC viewpost.gif

you looking at raw or one wash? I normally wear a 30, and I got a 31 in one wash

i would prefer raw but cant find them smaller than 28 which seems to be 30 before wash (and wouldnt be comfortable doing anything more than a cold soak with them).

just washed my edo ai's. barely made any fading. natural indigo is tough to get contrasts. the wear is not something worth posting pics...

back to my oni shoai's...

I think you should post the pics... It's not a must with brutish hi-contrast wear... So post some pics of the good ol' jeans.

i'm thinking of getting a pair of okinawas or hawaiis... which would you people suggest?? based primarily on color, slimness of fit, crotch length.

i heard the okinawas are set a bit bigger/ wider than hawaiis and that the cut on the hawaiis fit a bit better. also heard the hawaiis are much better colorwise.

(btw i'm talking about the okinawa 40301s one wash & hawaii 40401s)

i'm thinking of getting a pair of okinawas or hawaiis... which would you people suggest?? based primarily on color, slimness of fit, crotch length.

i heard the okinawas are set a bit bigger/ wider than hawaiis and that the cut on the hawaiis fit a bit better. also heard the hawaiis are much better colorwise.

(btw i'm talking about the okinawa 40301s one wash & hawaii 40401s)

Fit the same on me.

Hawaiis are much more of a vibrant, almost bright (but not in a bad way), deep blue. Okinawas are so deeply colored as to be nearly navy. Color preference is color preference.

Well I just ordered some SC 1947 raw (size 34) from Zipangu Treasures, $145 with shipping, that's the cheapest I have seen, cost the same as my apcs lol. They should be in sometime this week, I'll post pics and such when I get them. I hope they fit nicely, I measured everything out and they should fit according to the chart they had with sizes.

Well I just ordered some SC 1947 raw (size 34) from Zipangu Treasures, $145 with shipping, that's the cheapest I have seen, cost the same as my apcs lol. They should be in sometime this week, I'll post pics and such when I get them. I hope they fit nicely, I measured everything out and they should fit according to the chart they had with sizes.

Is that site legit? The prices are very cheap.

suettun - I believe thats the 1955 model in a hard wash ( SC41955SH ). Great denim! has a deadstock gripper zipper fitted and should come in a box lined with newspaper from 1955

Is that true about the newspaper thing?!? I mean, if it's an actual newspaper, that is. That would be a ridiculously awesome detail in packaging, as opposed to a merely real cool one.

The newspaper lining is a reproduction of a real peice of newsprint from 1955, not an actual peice from 1955. The effect is still very cool though.

Is that true about the newspaper thing?!? I mean, if it's an actual newspaper, that is. That would be a ridiculously awesome detail in packaging, as opposed to a merely real cool one.

The newspaper lining is a reproduction of a real peice of newsprint from 1955, not an actual peice from 1955. The effect is still very cool though.

Agreed. In retrospect, it would be a bit odd to think that Toho, or any other company, would have vintage bundles of newspapers lying around. But as I said, a really cool touch on packaging there.

Is that site legit? The prices are very cheap.

Yeah it's legit, there actually is a whole thread on the site, alot of people have been ordering from them.

Well I have a question, I measured my waist size to be a 36, well I ordered some raw sugar cane 1947 size 34 (they have a 36 inch waist when unwashed, according to the site) so when I wash them they will shrink (but I don't plan on washing till six months or so, probably a soak before that) to a 34? But they will just stretch back out correct?

Beacuse the size 36 unwashed had a 38 waist and I didn't want them that baggy.

Anyone got pics of the colour of the Hawaiis?

Xpost - here is a shot of my 40400 Hawaiis. As mil-mil says - "The unevenness impression and the vertical falling of dyeing are the sugar millet blue denim of merit".

Indeed.

2007-04-30.jpg

Cross Post from WAYWT....

The Sugarcane crew came out from Japan to Self Edge to finalize the Self Edge x Sugarcane collaboration...

It's gonna be a good one..

DSC05310-716346.JPG

DSC05309-716403.JPG

From left to right...

Seiichi Niitsuma

-Selke

-Yen

-Bellweather

Me

-Reiz

-Flat Head

-Sugarcane 1966

-Vans

Tom Tanaka (Chief Head Honcho)

-Sugarcane

-Sugarcane

-Sugarcane

-Sugarcane Union Stars

-Sugarcane

Yasuhiro Kameya (SC/BR Designer)

-Sugarcane

-Buzz Rickson

-Sugarcane

-Buzz Rickson

-Sugarcane

I've been greatly restraining from any of the SelfEdge collaborations due to the fact that I think I've got more than enough jeans to last me for awhile as well as monetary reasons. However, I think I'll be throwing in the towel with these Canes collab. Definitely something I'll be keeping a close eye on.... ;-)