Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

SC40801

Material : Sugar cane 40% acrylic 40% cotton 10% polyester 10%

my translation through babelfish gave me this....

Cotton 40% sugar millet 40% acrylic 10% polyester 10%

That kinda makes more sense.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fitem.rakuten.co.jp%2Fhinoya%2Fsc40801%2F%26usg%3DALkJrhjmpV1LI5Eyk_T1wSz_plAUhuxczg&lp=ja_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

soooo, anyone wanna break these in, so we can see how they fade?? :D

thinkin about getting some hawaiis. they have a 33 inseam , and i was wondering how long they will be on me ( i have a 30.5 inseam)?? . i like my pants kinda long and i wear my pants kinda low ( not saggy tho). if i sit down, will i be flooding or what??

thanks

thinkin about getting some hawaiis. they have a 33 inseam , and i was wondering how long they will be on me ( i have a 30.5 inseam)?? . i like my pants kinda long and i wear my pants kinda low ( not saggy tho). if i sit down, will i be flooding or what??

thanks

you'll be fine. no floods.

X-post from the SExSC06 thread; just because there are so few evo pictures of these around.

SExSC06 worn every day for about 3.5 months. One cold soak about a week back.

You can see the blue curved detail from my Corter bifold wallet working it's way into the back right pocket.

image002sdr.jpg

image001hlm.jpg

image007z.jpg

image003xj.jpg

Don't forget the ~4 000 yen shipping. And my conversion is JPY to AUD. This makes em a LOT more expensive than even ordering from the US. Back before the "economic crisis", I was in Japan when 1 Australian dollar bought you 108 Japanese yen. Needless to say good denim was cheap. I bought about 8 pairs of jeans :)

Don't forget the ~4 000 yen shipping. And my conversion is JPY to AUD. This makes em a LOT more expensive than even ordering from the US. Back before the "economic crisis", I was in Japan when 1 Australian dollar bought you 108 Japanese yen. Needless to say good denim was cheap. I bought about 8 pairs of jeans :)

I am hoping to catch the same break, I might hit Japan at the end of the year, I was hoping to walk out of there with like a pair from every major maker so I could get an opinion on who is my favorite. According to currency converter 1usd is like 98 yen

^oh they're stubborn! took months before I started to see anything at all.

I would have to disagree, I've worn my pair for a little over one week and I'm already seeing light blue fades(not too much).

I think it depends on what kind of treatment you give them before you start wearing them, I gave mine both a really hot soak and a boil wash

I know that this is a noobie question, but I've not had any sugar canes before the Okis that I bought and started wearing just over a month ago...

When you soak, do they shrink at all(mine are o/w)? I would assume so...about how much? If they shrink, do you just stretch them back out(inseam)?

^oh they're stubborn! took months before I started to see anything at all.

oh shoot... i wonder what happens for hawaiis?? are they even more stubborn?? during the summer, my change from FH to SC is gonna be tough..

^^

hawaii's break in slowly, but start goin crazy after first wash...don't expect them to have really crisp lines, but the vertical falling is way more pronounced than in a lot of other jeans

^^ thanks for the info!

since hawaiis are one wash, will they still need a starch or soak to make em stiff, or are they good enuff as is??

Guest devil.beside.you

I have the rainbow selvedge oki's, pretty much the same as reg oki's and they DO shrink, even though o/w.

The shrinkage is very very minimal, however...for example my waist shrunk like .15 of an inch [i did exact measurements according to the BiG website]

The fading is fucking phenominal, My last pair of jeans were ironhearts, and they are a polished finished product, where as my okis are rough slubby and sooo easy going. Love them to death. I've heard that canes hang onto indigo fairly well, but at 1.5 months mine are already starting to honeycomb and Whisker. If you were your canes skin tight, then they will fade beautifully. A lot of people wear canes for the anti-fit, but I chose then because I have very muscular thighs (From years of Taekwondo and now Muay Thai kickboxing). For others that have the same physique as me, canes are pretty dang perfect. My canes, look wise, will have perfectly normal combs and I feel fortunate enough to be able to produce them

^^ thanks for the info!

since hawaiis are one wash, will they still need a starch or soak to make em stiff, or are they good enuff as is??

i think that's personal preference, personally i didn't starch mine, they're already itchy for the first month or so while you're breaking them in. i don't think a soak will do anything in the way of making them stiffer, but i didn't try when i first got mine.

^^nice. judging from the pics, there not as stubborn as ppl think they are..

they aren't stubborn at all. obviously it'd be better if i just posted photos... but until I get around to it let me just say that they are perhaps the least stubborn jeans i've ever owned. I washed them 3 or 4 times in the first month just to make them STOP losing indigo.

photos will eventually come. sorry to be a tease.

o/w = one wash = washed once, i.e. pre-shrunk. o/w canes do not shrink.

I read this, but wanted to get some personal experience input. Thank you!! I'm not anywhere near close to a soak or wash, but good to know. So my combs should match back up after a soad or wash then?

I have the rainbow selvedge oki's, pretty much the same as reg oki's and they DO shrink, even though o/w.

The shrinkage is very very minimal, however...for example my waist shrunk like .15 of an inch [i did exact measurements according to the BiG website]

The fading is fucking phenominal, My last pair of jeans were ironhearts, and they are a polished finished product, where as my okis are rough slubby and sooo easy going. Love them to death. I've heard that canes hang onto indigo fairly well, but at 1.5 months mine are already starting to honeycomb and Whisker. If you were your canes skin tight, then they will fade beautifully. A lot of people wear canes for the anti-fit, but I chose then because I have very muscular thighs (From years of Taekwondo and now Muay Thai kickboxing). For others that have the same physique as me, canes are pretty dang perfect. My canes, look wise, will have perfectly normal combs and I feel fortunate enough to be able to produce them

pics please! I've had mine for about the same time as yours, but not fading as of yet. of course, i can only wear mine after work.

Guest devil.beside.you

will take pics as soon as I can grab a camera

I should clarify though - they aren't super contrasty fades, they are STARTING to fade so I need to grab a camera that can go into a really good color capture

Guest devil.beside.you
^so you have had them for 1.5 months and have already soaked them? I see where you said they shrunk .15" in the waist...how about the inseam?

very very minimal, not even worth measuring...I was more worried about the silhoutte. Pics are coming!