Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

The Okinawa and Hawaii are actually closer to the 1966 than any other cut they produce...

^^ the Okinawas fit a bit slimmer through the thighs and knees but stay straighter, the 47 are a bit wider through, but taper down at the hem.

as for indigo junkie i do not believe that the sugar millet line is at all based off a 47 cut, hawaiis and okinawas fit a good amount different than the fit of a 47 in most all aspects.

I remember reading somewhere that they were based on a 47 cut as well...not necessarily their own "47" jean, but the historical shape of '47 jeans. I'll be damned if I can remember where I saw that though...:confused:

I've been wearing the Edo Ai's the past 2 days after my first wash. Let's see what happens on the 2nd wash when I put a week's worth of wear. I have creases in front but lacks honey combs. The fades in the lap part made the blueish green color more green than blue...vertical streeaks are now more pronounced...These natural indigo jeans doesn't seem to be up to par with synthetic ones that fade easily. But color and qulaity-wise, they are topnotch!

I've been wearing the Edo Ai's the past 2 days after my first wash. Let's see what happens on the 2nd wash when I put a week's worth of wear. I have creases in front but lacks honey combs. The fades in the lap part made the blueish green color more green than blue...vertical streeaks are now more pronounced...These natural indigo jeans doesn't seem to be up to par with synthetic ones that fade easily. But color and qulaity-wise, they are topnotch!

john, can you post some pictures of them when you have the time?

...vertical streeaks are now more pronounced...These natural indigo jeans doesn't seem to be up to par with synthetic ones that fade easily. But color and qulaity-wise, they are topnotch!

I just bought my first pair last week and im in the exact same boat as you. I find the color now a bit different then what i expected but im a newbie.

I did a gentle wash cold cycle by mistake. I probably should have just done a cold soak. Im going to wear for a few weeks as well...see what gives....PS i did wear them while wet for a while and that really helped sort of mold them to by body. Although still a wider cut overall.

Did you buy them raw or one wash?

Also, these jeans take months to show any significant wear, assume that is what you are hoping for. Stick with them.

One wash. i love them. Dont get me wrong. They are unique itchiness and all. I can tell from the weight and depth of color that they will take a long time to cure.....ill stick with them....may even go after some more soon...

thanks

Kbuzz, Just so you know.... as they were one wash, you didn't need to soak them as it's been done for you already by sugarcane. Most of the shrinking will be out of the way and the starch too. You haven't done them any harm anyway, but just for future reference, you only need to soak or wash raw, unsanforized, no wash denim before wearing.

Kbuzz, Just so you know.... as they were one wash, you didn't need to soak them as it's been done for you already by sugarcane. Most of the shrinking will be out of the way and the starch too. You haven't done them any harm anyway, but just for future reference, you only need to soak or wash raw, unsanforized, no wash denim before wearing.

Supposedly this should be correct. However, I have found that a hot wash before significant wear can be a good call since minimal shrinkage is a pain in the ass when it makes your wear shift. Cold soak definitely didn't do anything though.

Supposedly this should be correct. However, I have found that a hot wash before significant wear can be a good call since minimal shrinkage is a pain in the ass when it makes your wear shift. Cold soak definitely didn't do anything though.

thanks maybe, if get bored maybe ill throuw them in a hot wash. No dryer.....just wish the edo's were a drop slimmer all over

I bought two pairs of SC hard wash (66 and 47) both a bit long. ive done a search but havent been able to pin point any info. Can I expect some shrinkage in length on these. I dont mind a one or two time hot dryer thing (sorry purists) but dont want to get them hemmed and be two short.

Thanks...great jeans...

Hello all you guys. I carry the Sugar Cane in my shop in L.A.. I do ship international and I offer Free shipping to all people who mention Super Talk for Sugar Cane Denim. I carry the 1947 the 1966 and the Okinawas and the boot cut and a couple of the Union Stars. All in one wash.

Hi folks, as you can see from my posts the last 2 weeks im a newbie. I got a little aggresive on SC purchases before I had the sizing down. Long story short, i put the edos on this am after wearing for a day or two. The waist has streched!. Funny as it was quite snug at try on. Id estimate it gained inch to 1.5 inches. Anyway, would a hot dryer help at all? Id guess that after a hot dry and a bit of shrink, they would just strech out again so it would be a lost cause but i await the experts thoughts on the matter.

If not can someone give me the fair market value of an EDO -one wash with 2-3 days wear. Much obliged. I love em. Going to have to hit BIg this week and try on the 34s. I did not even consider them becasue the 36s were pretty snug. Ahh live and learn. This new hobby is getting expensive!!!!!

thanks again

just got my 1st sc's okinawa's non wash..these jeans ae kindda intchy when you wear them.. and man they have really good details i would definitely ge another pair of sc's..

hk2007take5139.jpg

hk2007take5138.jpg

hk2007take5137.jpg

hk2007take5131.jpg

hk2007take5133.jpg

hk2007take5135.jpg