Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

^They are definitely not "pretty much the same". The denim used for each model are very different. 1947 is 100% cotton and the Okinawa uses 50% cotton 50% sugarcane fiber. They also have different back pocket stitching and different leather patches. They each fit slightly differently as well, in my opinion.

Thanks a lot for this answer, i noticed the difference about the patches and the back pockets. But after your answer i got 2 more questions : 1/Which denim composition is the best?I mean for fading, durability and what not 2/ I thought they were both straight leg cut, how their fits differs according to you? Thanks again.

np, there isnt a best, theyre both great in their own way, though the okinawa's denim is quite special. i havent seen many pics of faded okinawa's though, you might want to look that up, as well as the 1947's, in the xxx-gallery thread

about the fit, yes they are both straight leg but they fit slightly differently, if that makes sense. i think the 47 is a little more anti-fit on me because the thigh and rise feel looser, your mileage may vary!

Guest devil.beside.you
Thanks a lot for this answer, i noticed the difference about the patches and the back pockets. But after your answer i got 2 more questions : 1/Which denim composition is the best?I mean for fading, durability and what not 2/ I thought they were both straight leg cut, how their fits differs according to you? Thanks again.

I'll be posting pics of my 6 months faded rainbow okinawas...they are gorgeous..stay tuned!

Here're a few pics to flesh out this question a little better....

photo-175.jpg

47's underneath, buckleback Okinawas ontop....

photo-176.jpg

47's underneath (i.e. at top of photo), Okinawas on top (lower portion of photo)

photo-177.jpg

Okinawas are slubbier, and more irregular. They have a scratchier feel when raw and have lots of little white puff-balls in the fabric. They are natural indigo dyed and typically have this or a similar back pocket and a snake skin patch. they fade to beautiful oceanic blues and will present nice vertical falling as a result of the grainier texture

photo-178.jpg

Sugar cane's standard 100% cotton denim is a more sterile/flatter weave. No vertical streakiness or white puff's of weft thread popping through. They are a more accurate reproduction of 1940's american denim.... less interpreted...more faithful repro.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/ot-emens/132999/133000/1957652/

...can anyone shed some light on these,i realize the cut has changed but is the denim the same.

^very interesting, a slim leg low-rise "1947 type 2". but from the description, it looks like the denim actually isn't the same. the original 1947 by Sugarcane is 14.5 oz denim, while this Type 2 version is 12 oz.