Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

whoops they forgot to fold the 5th pocket down! I kid :D

Yeah, that's the one aspect I'm not fond of - I'd rather, if selvedge must be shown, to have it folded inside-out so that the pocket is still 'functional'.

Would still kop though, since I never use the 5th pocket :)

That little bird on the patch is cute too!

from the pics. the weft doesn't look that different to regular wefts. maybe you just have to feel it.

I just love how soft and porous bamboo fibre can be, even compared to good quality cotton... I reckon it would be a very good pair for slightly warmer days!

I have no first hand experience with hemp as clothing though, so the Summer model will be curious too.

@ b_F

Thanks a lot dude. Is it pre-soak fit or post-soak?

If it's post-soak, it looks ugly, I hope mine don't look like that.

Forgot to ask. How much it will shrink for 5000VX fabric on waist and inseam?

I presume you already experienced it. :D

@ nycsurfer530

Kind of agree with b_F. It looks like you were taking true to size.

I don't see any loose part on your fit. Nice fit.

@ b_F

Thanks a lot dude. Is it pre-soak fit or post-soak?

If it's post-soak, it looks ugly, I hope mine don't look like that.

This is a pic of my old 710's sozed up one.

DSC06114-1.jpg

I'm now wearing the S5000VX 21oz tts, and the fit is quite similar. The 21oz VX denim shrinks down quite considerably after a hot wash, mine shrank 3" in the waist, and 2.5" in length.

wearing my 710s today while my eternal contest jeans are soaking/drying. these are at such an amazing stage, with so much depth and range to the color and fading! took a couple detail shots with my iphone - didn't quite capture the complexity of the denim right now, but give a decent idea. whites, grays, electric blues, rich indigos, and even some dark inky pools...

7 months wear / initial & 4.5 month soaks / one wash at 6.5 months:

5491917157_19b1b42608_z.jpg

5492512898_844109fa38_z.jpg

Trying to decide between TTS and SDO on S0500XX. I have a pretty large ass but normal size thighs. I like a lot of the SDO fit pics. Thoughts?

Also I'm ordering from Blue in Green and I think they do free chainstiching for stuff you buy there (could be wrong). I want to hem them before ship so that they will be an inseam length of 34 after all the shrinkage is out (my true inseam is 32 so I want to cuff and have a little leeway). Is this a request I can give BiG and they'll know where to hem them?

b_F- Thanks dude! Are all the samurai models going to have that back pocket design now? And I was never fond of having the selvedge shown on the pocket either....

now just the Yamato and Jins.

The other Samurai models will have the new design (where the edges cross) in black and yellow again

@ b_F...

Well in the long run, you'll end up with an inseam around 36" (mostly a little bit under). the waist will shrink 2" in total with hot washes but stretch back in no time

the shrinkage is a percental issue. So if you have more inseam to start with, it will logically shrink more.

Here are the inseam measurements of my S5000VX and S5000BK. Both just soaked (the VX twice, the BK once)

VX: 37,5 -> 36,5

BK: 38,5 -> 35,75

Keep in mind a machine wash will give you more shrinkage. Where do you plan to order from?

Great! never heard about it. Maybe you can share some information and a link where the updates will be posted?! Or is it just local?

Here's another S5000VX measurement I have.

S5000VX size 32 Lot.12 (sold because too small for me)

inseam : 37,75 -> 35,75

I soaked those twice with agitation by hand in the tub.

^sorry I don't have those in my possession BUT you could check the Samurai thread on Hypebeast and read it from the beginning. IIRC they have a trend to size up and I'm sure there are some examples of sized up 710s. The look shouldn't be too different from a TTS S0500XX

edit: well I found one who sized up 1. well..if you like that look ;)

IMG_4438.jpg

IMG_4439.jpg

chill fit bro................

b_F i know thats not you..

Sounds like the S5000 cut might be for you, I have the S5000VX 21oz, and S5000BK's, they're roomy in the top block, with a straight leg.

That's what I'm thinking.

I'm got skinny legs but a bit of an ass so I'd hate to size up too much...

If I were to say my Imperial Dukes w30 fit just a lil tght (waist/top block wise) what would you recommend in the S5000 or S0500..?TTS?

Trying to decide between TTS and SDO on S0500XX. I have a pretty large ass but normal size thighs. I like a lot of the SDO fit pics. Thoughts?

Also I'm ordering from Blue in Green and I think they do free chainstiching for stuff you buy there (could be wrong). I want to hem them before ship so that they will be an inseam length of 34 after all the shrinkage is out (my true inseam is 32 so I want to cuff and have a little leeway). Is this a request I can give BiG and they'll know where to hem them?

Anyone out there kind enough to help me out with this?

I'm probably ordering in the next few days....

If waist size is your most important issue, I wouldn't go smaller. For instance, if you are 31.5, I would go to 32, but if you are on the smaller side of 31, I think you could size down. I find comfort is the most important, so you got to keep that in mind. Don't worry about your ass being big, because the 0500 has a pretty roomy fit, and tall rise.

There's not true formula, to getting the inseam correct. All my jeans have different inseams, since no 2 pairs of jeans shrink exactly the same. I would err on the side of leaving it longer. You can always cut them later. Just tell the guys at BiG that you want a 34 inseam, and they'll know what to do.

For that price I'd wear them as 710 shorts, crop trousers, 3/4 lengths, high waters......whatever you want to call them.

No probs for the ad, your price is amazing.