Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Just got my S0610LX-RR last night and hot water soaked them and threw them in the dryer. They shrunk way more than my new 710s when I did the same thing. I guess that may be because of the lighter weight denim (15oz instead of 190z). I love the lowrise style of these. Pics up soon.

Is it stupid that I haven't wore my 710s yet, because I'm holding out for a chainstitch? Should I just take em to a local tailor and get a hem? I feel like such a tool...but love me that chainstitch!

why dont you just wear them a while maybe wash them and make sure that they dont shrink too much and then get the hemmed? that way you dont screw up and cut off too much

Anyone know anything about Samurai denim shirts? I want a decent quality denim shirt, and have been checking out the Iron Heart shirts (which do look amazing). But, I don't own anything by Iron Heart and I don't ant my first purchase to be a shirt (for some strange reason).

Anyone know anything about Samurai denim shirts? I want a decent quality denim shirt, and have been checking out the Iron Heart shirts (which do look amazing). But, I don't own anything by Iron Heart and I don't ant my first purchase to be a shirt (for some strange reason).

Do you mean where you can get one? Three Samurai denim shirts were released recently at BiG:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=8461&category_id=116&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=8314&category_id=116&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=8457&category_id=116&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

The phoenix denim shirts look nuts!

Apologies if you were looking for a short sleeved denim shirt or if you wanted a review.

Ha, ha, I had checked them out earlier, the phoenix denim does look insane, but I'm probably too old to pull it off.

I was wondering what they were like from a quality/ weight point of view more than anything, I'll probably buy the plain one or see what 2nd has in stock around my size.

Does anyone know if Samurai plan to release any LHT jeans this year? I tried on the S8000JX-N at BiG and the fit was fairly relaxed. I already have a pair of Okinawa so I was looking for something with a slightly different fit. More tapered and a bit slimmer. I like the measurements of the 0500, 610 and 710 but I didn't try those on though. Anyone know if these cuts will come in LHT any time soon? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if Samurai plan to release any LHT jeans this year? I tried on the S8000JX-N at BiG and the fit was fairly relaxed. I already have a pair of Okinawa so I was looking for something with a slightly different fit. More tapered and a bit slimmer. I like the measurements of the 0500, 610 and 710 but I didn't try those on though. Anyone know if these cuts will come in LHT any time soon? Thanks in advance.

I doubt those cuts will come in LHT soon, perhaps sometime in the future. They usually use LHT in collabs or special editions and they don't always come along very often.

Here's a pretty slim model: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=8943&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Not exactly what you're looking for, only one leg is actually LHT while the other RHT. But that's what makes them more unique!

The S0110XJ (Jin Model) is the regular straight leg 17oz LHT model. It's a regular model now like the 5000vx. The S0120XJ is the same denim as the 0110, but in a bootcut and a zipper fly.

There is a new model that's coming out called the S0110XJ II, which is the same cut as the original, except the denim is closer in color and hand to the 40's Lee. The hand is ultra soft and the color is more even. Also there is less slub. However, since it's still Samurai, expect it to be more than 15 oz. Its coming in as a limited edition.

im not fat by any means but i would probably be a 33 or 34 in samurais so im a little worried..... fwiw my skull 5010s dont flare at all

also, whats the other popular cut by samurai, s5000xx or s5010xx

How much of a difference is a regular tailor hem and chainstitching?

have some samurai's that need hemmed and nobody in canada that i know of does mail-in chain stitching so it would cost me a LOT

is it worth it?

I think it mainly depends on how much you like roping effect on your jeans after a wash. I personally really think it looks good but I probably wouldn't pay more than $40 for it. The way I see it is that you dropped like $350 on a pair of jeans, an extra ~10% of the cost to get them exactly how you like them is pretty marginal.

It does make the hems stronger. If you're putting stress on the hem it's going to break a lot more easily with non-chainstitched hems.

If you don't care about roping then definitely don't spend the money.

I did buy my jeans from BiG!

I can send them back for a free hem?

Yeah I'm sure they willl. It's definitely worth it, it'll cost you as much as shipping.

I got the same pair of jeans hemmed there multiple times. First because I wanted to stack then I got over that and wanted a clean break with cuff. Should e-mail them first though.

zubin, which cuts are you having trouble deciding to get?

i think im pretty set on the 710s..im gonna lurk this thread and probably pull the trigger tonight.

I was in between the IH 666s and sam 710's but i dont think the 666s suit me that well.

Theres also a cut that caught my eye and that was the s510xx but my jeans need som esort of taper to them....i cant do straight leg jeans

can someone tell me how much shrinkage to expect in the thighs and inseam on the 710? placing my order now on BIG and want to know if the size im getting and the hem im considering is on point.

thanks