Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

damn, hit up big last night with some q's (probably around midnight est) and he responded back with the quickness.

Placed my order last night and theyve been hemmed and ready to ship today...thats some fast ass service

My first Samurai pair is arriving this week (S0500XX) and I feel like a little kid again (except we didn't have UPS tracking when I was a little kid, makes it worse).

I was planning to do a couple cycles of Obenauf's LP on the patch, then soak it in hot (~40C) water for an hour inside out (maybe with a tablespoon of salt in the tub). I was going to roll it up in a towel to dry it a bit, then wear the wet jeans while watching TV crosslegged till they dried.

I figured this would be good to set the creases for the combs and the whiskers.

What do you guys think? Would this make them bulge too much? Should I just hang dry them all the way? Also will the Obenauf's be enough to protect the patch through the hot water soak?

EDIT: I should also say that I really want to get the shrinkage out without losing indigo. That's why I'm not agitating or putting them in the dryer. I'd love to get as close as possible to max shrinkage with just one (or two if necessary) hot soaks.

@Crovax : with your described method you won't get the max shrinkage out. two soaks are better if you don't want to agitate them. but still: only a machine wash will give you desired shrinkage.

the treatment with Obenauf's LP is a good idea. twice should be enough. I don't consider ~40°C as hot, the leather patch won't suffer at that temperature.

on the topic of wear them crosslegged when still wet: that will give you definately knee bags. better wait till they are dry as fuck. combs and creases will set in nevertheless and look more natural.

I waited till my S0500XX were dry and still got nice creases.

@coleslayum: always nice to see pics from you :) do you use Kaminari soap for washing?

Samurai S5000BK Size 34 Lot.12 (SDO)

pre soak (excuse the grandma-socks)

S5000bkpresoak.jpg

post soak

s5000bkpostsoak.jpg

Measurements pre and post soak. Soaked once with light agitation by hand. Hottest tap water, maybe one hour in. Never had a pair of Samurai shrink that much!

waist: 34,5 / 32

front rise: 11,5 / 11

back rise: 14,75 / 14,25

thigh: 13 / 12

knee: 9,875 / 9,25

leg opening: 9,25 / 8,75

inseam: 38,5 / 35,75

Never was that much into black denim but ah_long changed my mind ;)

The contrast between the copper rivets and the black denim is so freaking nice.

And a bonus pic. Some guys refered to "squid jizz" :D

P1020134.jpg

damn BF, siiick fit on these

any updated shots or have i just skipped over them? Browsing through this thread, you must have at least a dozen sammies!

thx! :)

yeah the fit is really nice. I think they fit a tad better than my S5000VX.

I just wore them occasionally when I was in the mood for black denim. So no fades (and that might never happen as those take more time than indigo ones)

Another fit pic of them:

P1020175.jpg

I've got 10 pairs now but had 14 (sold some because of sizing mistakes)

^ Nice b_F, that's definitely one of the best presents from Samurai!

That bag alone would probably fetch a good fistful of dollars.

The second round of Samurai x 2nd just announced on 2nd's webshop!

It's 2nd's 15th anniversary, and Samurai's 13th.

s0500xx, 15oz Zero denim.