Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Took some pictures of my S5000BK a few weeks ago. In retrospect I should have sized down 1, I don't find the fit flattering given my build which is why I got the Black Knights. Took pics of the BK as well, I'll upload that later.

Size 30 TTS. I worn these casually for about a year? 2-3 times a week maybe. 1 Wash + Initial Soak

21504853.jpg

36686102.jpg

46435880.jpg

I am VERY disappointed. You wont offend me. I have half a mind to send them off to samurai and ask for a refund. :(
switch - yes the issue is I think with the denim itself. It appears to have particularly weak spots, and I think the stretching/shrinking with each wash put a lot of strain on the stitching...

Paul - they are natural indigo 17oz with bamboo ink weft dye I believe. I think they may also be hank dyed and not rope dyed. The denim itself is incredible stuff but I think there's just some flaw in the thread tensions or something...

i think you should contact them. they are basically defective/ unwearable. amazing denim tho. the lower leg slub is hot.

as a side note: things like this are why we should form a SuFu Better Business Bureau or buyers club or some shit. Something we can drop to let businesses know:

i care about my clothes.

i appreciate craftsmanship and quality.

I will pay for what i like, regardless of cost.

I will post results/reviews online.

I will create negative press for you if you don't 'ackrite.'

Make all the cash we spend collectively do more for us than make us look swank.

So did the jeans stretch out in the waist? From reading bits and bobs about these jeans people are of the opinion that the denim doesn't shrink much (maybe an inch in the waist) but they also don't stretch out much. This is such an expensive purchase that i gotta get it right.

email from Gordon @ Blue In Green - "My experience has actually been the opposite. The S500021oz shrink as much

if not more than the S500017oz denim and will stretch just the same.

Expected shrinkage is about 2" in the waist and 2.5" in the inseam. The

potential stretch is about 1-2" in the waist with frequent and prolonged

wear. "

Arrgghh I dunno what to do...

i think you should contact them. they are basically defective/ unwearable. amazing denim tho. the lower leg slub is hot.

as a side note: things like this are why we should form a SuFu Better Business Bureau or buyers club or some shit. Something we can drop to let businesses know:

i care about my clothes.

i appreciate craftsmanship and quality.

I will pay for what i like, regardless of cost.

I will post results/reviews online.

I will create negative press for you if you don't 'ackrite.'

Make all the cash we spend collectively do more for us than make us look swank.

It's not a bad idea... But I don't speak japanese and I'm not even sure what I would say. I also feel like after all the time and money I spent on them to just send them back feels wrong. I dunno, maybe I'm being irrational.

S0500xx, sz. 32 worn nearly every day since August, 5 or 6 warm/hot washes.

Sized up one (cuz I'm a grown ass man) so I'm elated with the fit since they shrink continuously, but I might've liked more contrasty fading; the likelihood of which was hampered further by washing them twice immediately - rather than soaked - which rid them of any starch. Oh well. Won't repeat that (sorta) mistake.

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

(matched socks are for suckers)

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

Fit pic from 1 wash prior (shitty)

IMG_0913.jpg

And day 1 (I wear neither my shirts like this, nor those goofy running trainers with them. I just weirdly take all my pics coming from to going to walk my dogs)

IMG_0293-1.jpg

Hope my S5000vx 21oz's wind up this well, but I'm panicked about washing them since they're already tighter... Carry on

Hey Guys,

Quick question for you. So I recently bought my first pair of Sams (S5000vx) and I sized down as recommended. When I got them, they fit ok but a little baggy, so I hot soaked them twice to get rid of the shrinkage. However, now I can only button the bottom two buttons. I'm not that worried because I hear the zero denim stretches a lot, but I am wondering how long the process takes.... and if there is any chance that I wil be buttoning the last two buttons in the future WITHOUT resorting to exercise.....

reading through this thread there area few people, Demonito is one, who support boiling soaks (rather than hot wash -> take out before spin cycle) to get maximum shrinkage. To these folks (especially Demonito) what do you do to prevent the leather patch from being shriveled up and pretty much destroyed?

My S0500's are coming and I don't want the leather patch to go the way of my S700s :)

reading through this thread there area few people, Demonito is one, who support boiling soaks (rather than hot wash -> take out before spin cycle) to get maximum shrinkage. To these folks (especially Demonito) what do you do to prevent the leather patch from being shriveled up and pretty much destroyed?

My S0500's are coming and I don't want the leather patch to go the way of my S700s :)

Just avoid water that is literally boiling and the patch will contort, but not shrivel. Buy a tub of Obenauf's Leather Preservative (LP) if you really care about your leather goods.

Simple - don't boil soak if you want to keep your leather patch. Obenaufs will not save you. Boiling is one piece of sufu advice I wish I'd ignored.

Simple - don't boil soak if you want to keep your leather patch. Obenaufs will not save you. Boiling is one piece of sufu advice I wish I'd ignored.

haha me too, RIP s5000vx patch I barely knew you.

Usually shrink like crazy if they are raw. But I have to warn you, short ass arms.

yup, found a 42 a while ago on yahoo japan auction but after soak was too small so gave it to my girlfriend :)