Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I just received some 0500xx's from 2nd sz 31 lot 11 - sized down 1 from my true size.

Dayammm tight. Pre-soak waist measurements were about 30.5 so I got a little scared. Thought about putting them up for sale right away but decided to soak them cause the rest of the fit was ok.

Hot soaked for 3 hours, hung dry for a bit then threw them in the dryer.

Post soak waist measurement was 15 inches across but I've managed to stretch them out to a somewhat comfortable fit right now. Just a little worried about subsequent washes/soaks.

Can anybody else with Lot 11 sammies shed some light into amount of stretching?

Crappy quality fit pics:

Photo248.jpg

Photo249.jpg

It really isn't a gamble if you have them measure the jeans before they ship them. Just say, "Hey could you measure the jeans across the waist before you ship them. Make sure they measure XXin across, if they don't then find a pair that does and ship those."

It really isn't a gamble if you have them measure the jeans before they ship them. Just say, "Hey could you measure the jeans across the waist before you ship them. Make sure they measure XXin across, if they don't then find a pair that does and ship those."

yeah i'm going through that with my brother in law who is trying to get a pair for me right now in tokyo.

he's not a denim head, so he's a little amused by my instructions:

me - "ok, make sure that they measure the waist on them, no matter what the tag says."

him - "it looks like they post measurements on their website"

me - "yeah but those aren't always accurate and there have been sizing issues in the past"

him - "you know these are just jeans, right?"

I could imagine. I have ordered through 2nd and it usually takes a couple of back and forths to get it right.

slowly, me thinks that every pair (whatever lot#) you buy is just gamble...

I'm starting to agree with you. It seems that everyone has sizing experiences differing from the standard. Doing what rnrswitch recommends is one of the only ways to guard against problems, especially when ordering from overseas, because BIG's sizing guidelines just don't apply when ordering the exact same pair from a rakuten shop. Crazy shit.

I'm starting to agree with you. It seems that everyone has sizing experiences differing from the standard. Doing what rnrswitch recommends is one of the only ways to guard against problems, especially when ordering from overseas, because BIG's sizing guidelines just don't apply when ordering the exact same pair from a rakuten shop. Crazy shit.

My lot 12 S0500xx's from BiG were an inch off from the BiG webstore measurements.

Lol so I am not even sure if you can trust BiG's measurements on the site.

Don't know if mine were an isolated incident, but I remember someone mentioning they had a similar problem.