Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

You bastard I'm so stoked to get my pair at the end of this month. Did you pre ordered a pair as well morse.

Fuck I'm torn between so many pairs right now. No pre-order for me. Gordon mentioned they should arrive by Halloween. They denim was made over a year and half ago, so it's really had time to settle - looks and feels amazing.

wallet i made out of samurai denim(19 oz. silver sword selvage) last summer. denim and thread supplied by gordon. one year solid wear, 1 wash. i figure i only need to wash a wallet once a year. the 'vertical'( i guess horizontal in this case) falling is beautiful, as is the fading along the spine. i'll get better pics later. the selvage lines the bottom of the interior.

mlry43.jpg

anyone who ordered from 2nd rakuten, how much was your total(including shippping and fees)? im thinking of getting 710x2nd / 0500 from them but I dont want to have them email me with info and i end up not buying :\ . oh and it will be shipped to ny. thanks!

i used that proxy service for the s710xx over a week ago.....after shipping, it was about $345.

I have a pair of 24oz as well and my back pockets are perfect... that's a fuckup right there.

i'm seeing a lot, if not 99%, of jeans have that same back pocket fold. just becomes more pronounced with heavier denim and for whatever reason the picture quality of those 24oz's makes the fold look weird as shit...

compare:

3969795728_af0ed22182.jpg

vs

IMG_1546.jpg

yeah I agree with salaami, I think it is due to the weight of the denim but it's gotta be a manufacturing flaw - mine aren't like that and I've seen countless 21oz pairs without that fold.

Maybe the stitching isn't strong enough or something...

i think it's probably a small errror someone didn't take the time to fix, or the 24oz. denim is mad hard to fold.

The 24oz. denim is hard as hell to fold, but is the pocket looking like that because of the angle of the pic, or is it 100% like that? paging dr. pwing.....

WOW got to play with a sample pair of black knights yesterday at BIG. Black on black on black on black...... nasty. Tried on a pair of the 24oz - the craziest denim I've ever felt. Getting them on was a workout. Gordon was wide-eyed telling me how tough it was to produce and sew denim that thick.

so, based on this post i wandered into BiG yesterday hoping to see the sample pair, and gordon told me that that pair was just for eval, and was already sent back to japan.

just an update to keep others from going in and bothering him like i did, we'll just have to wait for the 31st, i guess.

anyone who ordered from 2nd rakuten, how much was your total(including shippping and fees)? im thinking of getting 710x2nd / 0500 from them but I dont want to have them email me with info and i end up not buying :\ . oh and it will be shipped to ny. thanks!

This won't help too much........My recent total to the UK came in around 31000 yen including UK VAT/Import Duty and handling.

However this may help.....

With my Mac I found it easy to just screen grab certain japanese phrases as you can view their pages in english & japanese, therefore you ensure you know the correct things to use.

I also used their measurement diagram and changed the inside leg to direct them to shorten to the desired length & chain stitch.

I have pixelated my details but the order was quite simple to do:

example2ndorder.jpg