Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

The first few pages of this thread made Samurai sound real good but they seem to have alot of problems with them.

After all the problems would you lot still recommend them?

Yes. The problems are very rare.

Dino I wouldn't say I yank them apart super fast..but I do yank them apart. Doing one by one takes FOREVER. And when you need to pee, you need to pee. By the way, why were you watching your friend take off his pants?:P

The first few pages of this thread made Samurai sound real good but they seem to have alot of problems with them.

After all the problems would you lot still recommend them?

honestly, what brand doesnt have its own share of problems. sizing issues, shrinking issues, button problems, crotch burst, cotton thread coming undone, etc etc etc. these are all pretty common problems with all denim brands. i'd actually ssay samurais have less problem than others. highly recommend

Wearing my super hot soaked/washed (no soap) 0500's for the first time today...managed to stretch the waist out while hang drying so they are perfect/comfy as hell from the jump. These jeans make my soul cry out...fit, denim, everything...amazing.

knugget do you just yank the fly apart really fast? i saw my friend do it and blew my mind. i just do one at a time..ant, yes, i highly recommend them

I thought button flys were designed to be yanked apart fast? I rememebr my first pair of button fly jeans (going back about 15 years now) and I used to unbutton them one at a time. One time, I saw this other guy at a urinal just yank his open and it was like one of those surreal next level "ahh, so that's how it's done!" kind of events. no, I don't normally look at strange men's crotches in the bathroom, but luckily I happened to be looking in that direction that day, because I've been opening my fly like that ever since. It only works if you've sufficiently loosened the denim up after about 2 weeks wear, and for me, works better with higher rise jeans. Buttons close together in low rise jeans tend to jam up a lot.

And, yes, I recommend Sams. I own 6 pairs (S710, S0510XX 21oz, S5000VX, S0500XX, BIGxSam, Jins) - soon to be 8 (S710BK, 10th anniv).

With the Jins, I got them recently. Lot 10. Size 33. They're about 33.5 raw. Haven't soaked them yet, but my gut is telling me that they're going to shrink down to at least 32. But I know that they will stretch back quick.

SAMURAI 0500XX sz 31.

5'10", 170lbs. 32" actual waist.

ok finally, after a good 3-4 hour soak in hottest tap water (replaced twice), here are fit pics. i'll post measurements later.

0500xx4.jpg

0500xx5.jpg

waist is incredibly tight at the moment...still wet. my hips feel like theyre getting crushed. hopefully they'll stretch rouhgly half a size up and it will fit perfectly.

Find - dont worry about the button holes. The top hole on my 510s is like an overly used hooker vagina (crazy stretched and ripped).

I'm probably the only person on this board who owns these lol but w/e theyre samurais so I might as well post them since I finally wore them today.

moto clubs :cool:

osx1rp.jpg

SAMURAI 0500XX sz 31.

ok finally, after a good 3-4 hour soak in hottest tap water (replaced twice), here are fit pics. i'll post measurements later.

0500xx4.jpg

waist is incredibly tight at the moment...still wet. my hips feel like theyre getting crushed. hopefully they'll stretch rouhgly half a size up and it will fit perfectly.

That's a nice fit. They'll stretch out probably almost an inch and you can wear them a little lower

I'm probably the only person on this board who owns these lol but w/e theyre samurais so I might as well post them since I finally wore them today.

moto clubs :cool:

I was actually looking at those at one point when they were on sale at BiG. I really didn't get them just because they didn't have my size, otherwise I likely would have. The striping on that particular pair looks reasonable/not too flashy, and it looks like it has a nice loose/comfortable cut.

SAMURAI 0500XX sz 31.

Ha...I took pics last night to do exactly as you...same model...same true waist size...same size jeans...the early (proper waisted) Lot 10.

But...to reiterate:

Samurai 0500xx - Size 31 (sized down 1)

6'1", 165 lbs.

I originally hot soaked and threew them in the dryer, then basically soaked them again and let them air dry (to get crisp)...worn a couple days (3), around the house, until the waist stretched to comfort.

After that, I wanted to shrink 'em more so I threw 'em into a hot wash (no soap)...air dry...did a little stretching on the wet waist...muuuuch better and they were comfy from the jump.

DSCN4488001.jpg

DSCN4492001.jpg

DSCN4491001.jpg

I love them...the denim is retardedly cool...but I will love them more when they start to really conform to my body (aka shrink a bit more).

At this point, these don't really work with low cut footwear like Vans Eras/Authentics...I actually wore them yesterday with some Sk8-Hi's which worked much better.

Thanks...nah I just think the stacking kinda "overwhelms" the footwear...but no I doubt I'd be stepping on anything...haven't had that issue in years actually. Thanks for the comp. on the fit...they're tough as hell.