Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

^^ it is quite rare to have a Z and S twill of similar properties in denim as the intention is often to create differnt properties and a distinct appearance and therefore you often change the loom settings or use different weft and warp yarns.

If you use similar yarns and settings on a loom that can create consistent results for for Z and S twills you should get similar behavior and fading properties. The drape should be the same as well, just the direction of the slant/skewness/spirality/leg twist is different.

i like when people talk in denim math..................is there any thread about this.Want to find and learn more about denim making process.

@a salaam: thanks for the info! :)

@beutiful_freak: haha that's why i love my cousin! :D

o i see, what is the difference between hank dyed and rope dyed? and how will it affect to the fading process?

Edited by biltan

first of all...i want to thank b_F and Daniel from DC4 BERLIN.

first thing i did, after losing one of the buttons on my Samurai S0500XX was that i pm´ed b_F about my problem and he was so kind to inform daniel right away. a few weeks later i had this in my letterbox!

first the "problem"

p4045673.jpg

and the letter with some nice stuff included:

p4045670.jpg

an extra top button:

p4045665.jpg

one smaller one to replace the one missing:

p4045664.jpg

and two rivets:

p4045668.jpg

going to post pics again, after the job is done!

Can't see any rust either

^^and I found some real great links here on this thread the last days. thanks you all!!

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

b_f ...are you samurai bespoke man :) ....seams like they download everything in your brain.Thanks man. Waiting some goodies from my local custom :D .

hey guys, i'm thinking about picking up a pair of sammies from big. i'm currently looking at the 710xx (http://blueingreenso...emart&Itemid=62). i got a few questions. what's the difference between those 710s and the ones with the pattern on the back pockets that i see? is this just a newer batch or what? any real big difference?

also, i'm a 30" tts and like a fitted fit. should i go with a tag size 30 or 29 considering soak and stretching? sorry for the noob question, but considering these are $325, i'd rather not mess up the sizing haha.

and finally, is the 710 the slimmest cut?

thanks guys.

Edited by mcb

Yes different batches, not much difference (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).

Size down 1 if your thighs can handle it for a very slim fit (at your size it's almost skinny jeans!).

I believe 710 is their slimmest cut.

^ thanks for the reply! i like the 710 with the black arches. are those still available anywhere?

so for a regular 710 fit though, should i just go tts?

All 710's from BIG have the black arcuates. And yes, go tts. I did, and they were a bit big on me (more so in the lower block than in the waist or thighs) after the first two or three hot soaks. I gave them an hour long soak today though, and added in a couple pots of boiling water, and it looks like they shrunk a lot more than before. They shrink a lot, and continue to shrink through several soaks. I think that the fit should be perfect after this soak; I just have to wait till they dry.

Edited by hpdv7