Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

plalai

Thanks for those super great contest pics!

They really look amazing!!!

And they still have quite a lot of life left in them. What great opportunities for those pants to reach the Holy Grail status without any doubts with some more heavy wear. Or is there even a name for beyound the Holy Grail Status?

I started wearing my S5000VXs again recently on account of losing a lot of muscle mass over the last year. I've probably worn them more this week than I have done in the last 2 and a half years.

I forgot how good the slubby, thick denim feels. I'm not going to lie, I do wish that the waist was a little wider so that they'd sit slightly lower and for the hem to be slightly smaller, somewhat akin to my SxSExDB09's hem and perhaps a bit more thigh room so that I could still wear them when I eventually bulk out again. But for my current build, they are almost perfect.

IIRC, the S0500s would probably fit the bill of my ideal fit (a bit more give at the top; a tad slimmer at the bottom), but they only came in 14.5oz?

Hey all. Does everyone here chain stitch their hems? I'm thinking of hemming mine, but I'm getting too lazy and cheap--my first baby on the way!--to send them away to chainstitch. We have a good denim tailor here in Austin, Texas, but I'm just curious what your overwhelming opinions are.

Thanks!

Hey all. Does everyone here chain stitch their hems? I'm thinking of hemming mine, but I'm getting too lazy and cheap--my first baby on the way!--to send them away to chainstitch. We have a good denim tailor here in Austin, Texas, but I'm just curious what your overwhelming opinions are.

Thanks!

Just rock em. unless you're hella short. I put mine through the wash once hot then again perm. press no soap. They shrank to around 35-36 inseam. But now theyre kinda furry. Anyone know how long until the hairyness balds down? Its been like a good week. Also i broke a sweat today and they bled like fuck. Still hairy though

samurai will release a 24oz ai (natural indigo) denim in this s/s collection

Whoa .....pricy huh. Thanks for the info.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Anyone here on sufu order and recieved the new s7000vxrr. please post em ,many thanks in advance.

To many jeans to choose so little money to spend= :( .

Edited by spidereye

S003JP-A's arrived last night from 2nd. Complete with kick ass Samurai denim bag, Samurai/2nd mousepad & fridge magnet :P

Initial soak is done, just a 30 minutes warm as pre soak fit was snug, but could easily do top button up and dont want too much shrink.

Post soak fit pics to be posted when theyre dry and i have some light!

Cant wait - Not as skinny as i had feared, but definitely more fitted than my beloved 811's. I think these could easily be my new favourites, quality of finish is the best ive seen.

Mike.

I am thinking about picking up a pair of s5000vx's from the 2ND store on Rakuten. I was wondering how accurate their post wash size info was. It is way different from the raw measurements I found on big but I think that might just be because they are different lot #.

Any help would be greatly appreciate. also here is a link to the 2ND page if that helps: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s5000vx21oz/

I'm pretty sure 2nd uses a standard post-shrink chart that is provided by Samurai. I don't think they are shrink tested by 2nd.

I think a general rule with 2nd is that if the manufacturer does not provide measurements, there will be none posted. Hence the reason why Flat Head shirts don't have measurements while Deluxeware do.

Front and back angle gives the impression of a bootcut, from the fresh fold of the packaging. I think this will settle with wear, unless that is the fit you are after. Other angles represent a nice fit. The denim looks awesome.

Thanks guys,

I think I'll see how I go with the fit for a few more days and go from there.

The cuff is doubled, and too wide for my liking. Will get them hemmed soon for a single half inch cuff which should take a lot of the bulkiness out of the leg opening.

Denim is really nice, overall quite happy with my 1st slim jean. Will wear as hard as I can and keep you all posted.

I just got my First pair of sami's, the s5000ai-ogsp. They are quite snug, no finger in waist, I will try post fit pics later. I am trying to figure out if I should soak and wear wet, or wear then soak in a few months. Please help guys. I have two paired unsanforized iron hearts one has never been soaked or washed going on 10 months, the other I soaked first and disliked how they came out. Just don't what the same thing to happen.

^my issue with sizing up is I can't find a 36 anywhere! And i love the denim.

Edited by abaer

you could take the 38. the ogsp denim shrinks quite a bit

I got my 34's from BiG, you are suggesting return and get store credit, then finding 36 or 38's elsewhere?