Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Samurai's latest collab with Unique Jean Store

ezo.jpg

link to the pair

http://www.unique-jean.co.jp/samurai/

my not-so-good translation

denim: 18oz LHT texas cotton (indigo)

cut: as follows the 2008 SO130XJ model (JIN)

sizes avaliable: 26 - 40 x 36inseam (fixed)

features:

- white stitching

- lined back pockets

- 2 leather patches (1 more on back pocket)

- proof of authentication (sewn in back pocket) serialised

- comes with specially made lined-pouch sized to fit

size chart in website indicates one-wash, sun dried and not indicative of true shrinkage (varies in accordance to climate)

If a size 32 in the Skulls work, a size 32 in the S710 would be more than ok. But expect the Samurai to be less slim.

Alright, I first soaked in teh tub and then washed my new S0510XX in the machine (40°C, no detergent, some salt) and here are the results

S0510XX 34x36 Lot.12

(pre - post)

waist: 34,5" - 32"

front rise: 12" - 11,25"

back rise: 16" - 15,5"

thigh: 14" - 13,5"

knee: 10,25" - 9,875"

leg opening: 9,25" - 8,75"

inseam: 38,5" - 36,5"

I ironed them afterwards. Again unwanted fadings with the wash. This was really the last time I will soak my jeans this way. Nothing serious but it annoys me.

Put them on and no problems buttoning them up. So it's fine.

Fit pics tomorrow

I'm not really a fan of it too but I wanted these to shrink the maximum. But again light fading marks all over it. So I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a very gentle washer.

And I hope I can take the prejudice that the S510 is a too baggy and relaxed cut. It's a great classical cut! :)

Couple of weeks ago bought a pair of 31x36 S0500xx and wore them in the tub for an hour as hot as I could take it. Top block and thighs were great, but it really slimmed down over my calves. I don't have a powerlifter's lower half, but I am not skinny for sure. Anyway, I felt they were too slim. Bought a pair of S0510xx tonight and already feel confident that these will fit better in the lower half. Did the same this time... bit of salt, hot as I could take it, an hour with some good music and a bottle of wine.

I am so very fortunate to live and work in Tokyo and have Ueno in my backyard for such "adventures". Or am I?