Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

nothing wrong with your eyes or monitor lol

i was surprised too when i 1st got it

the orange is very light, unlike earth or water that has deep colored weft.

ah I see...so they would rather fade normally. I just looked at the pics from 2nd and there you can see orange weft hanging out of a hole/rip.

did you just buy em or did I miss your fit pics and stuff? :)

I think better pictures would do them justice ;)

no honestly it's kinda hard to tell you how they fit when the pics are that dark and blurry

i hope this helps.

my 710's fit. i got it hemmed but somehow i find it abit short. though i feels alright with RW boots. im not that big built so this is the smallest sizes i could find. sz 28. whaddya think?

dsc0126u.jpg

dsc0127k.jpg

dsc0128bqd.jpg

dsc0129fj.jpg

dsc0130bo.jpg

Bathed with the S0500's tonight. 30 mins with a splash of Woolite Dark. Turned up the heat in my office, made a mat of towels to lay on and played some podcasts and drank a beer and a couple of glasses of wine. Cuffs are still damp, but everything else is mostly dry. Paid extra attention to avoiding the flexing of my knees, and despite this, still came out with some knee bags... Soooo... looking at some WAYWT pics from a side-on perspective, it seem that most folks contend with this affliction. Not gonna lie, it's not as bad as I feared. My STF 501 are worse, and even then, not that big a deal.

Oh yeah, post-bath, everything stretched well, however, from the knee down it is rather tight... Perhaps what I might have expected from a 710.

Nevertheless, pretty stoked, gonna wear under my flight suit tomorrow. No one should notice, It will look like I'm wearing thick thermals... Ha!

looks like they fit you pretty well. Question: the taper, did it get slimmer after the wash? I was thinking of the 710s but for my skinny calves, it wasn't enough of a taper so I got the 003s. I'm wondering if I made the right choice or if I just didn't give teh 710s enough of a chance.

i didn't notice much difference in the taper after my first wash. i'm gonna say you did right going with the 003s if you were looking for a really tapered fit

i didn't notice much difference in the taper after my first wash. i'm gonna say you did right going with the 003s if you were looking for a really tapered fit

Damn my calves must be skinny as shit. I didn't consider the 003s a "really tapered fit" as it was the only one that actually looked tapered on me! ha But what a shame though cuz I really loved the feel of the 710s heavier denim.

Guest nooblet333

Just hot soak em inside out preferred, then let them sit for half an hour to an hour. Then let it hang dry, if you want just in case slip some pens to prevent the button up holes to shrink/stretch them.

shinobi, i tried the 003 and i found it a good bit skinnier and more tapered, but i also am not a fan of skinny.

frzn,

with the soak, i just have mine inside out and fill my bath tub with really hot water, soak for a couple hours and then hang dry. it all depends on the pre soak fit and how much shrinkage you want out of it

yes...as it's no different to other soap. A table spoon is enough.

about the soaking. there you go (I should make that my signature... ;) )

After mikecch' idea:

Soaking according to Samurai's "Master"

First (not mentioned but it's important to me), protecting the leather patch.

I used 3 layers of Red Wing Boot Oil during the last days and today one final layer of SnoSeal

P1020590.jpg

Filling the bathtub with the hottest tap water. (I was so hot that I couldn't put my hand in the water. That is why I got scared about my leather patch and added cold water later.)

P1020592.jpg

Added ordinary salt to the water

P1020593.jpg

P1020594.jpg

Contrary to the "Master", I put the jeans inside-out in the water. Let the jeans stay 1 - 2 hours in the water. Make sure the jeans are totally covered by water

P1020596.jpg

And how to dry them fast:

P1020597.jpg

P1020598.jpg

P1020599.jpg

you wont get more than .5 shrink in the thighs in my experience.

I don't find thighs that easy to stretch in general, can't say if it's easier or harder on the 710s but if you get them tight you will probably regret it.

If pre soak thigh measurement's for 710 sz 35w 12.75in and 36w 13in (big measurements).

What's the most the thighs will shrink down to for sizes 35w and 36w?

Do the thighs stretch out that easy for the 710s over time?

I think you might wanna recheck BiG's chart. In lot #13 (#12 is basically sold out) the thigh measures 13 in size 34 and 13.25 in size 35.

I have the same concern as you btw. I'm trying to determine whether a 34 or 35 would be best. I want the thighs to fit no tighter than my 0500's in 33, which fit perfectly. I'm torn between wanting a tight fit (which I think looks better) and a slightly more relaxed fit (which is more functional, without the worry of busting the crotch/outseams).

x-posting in here as well then...

So here are the measurements (BiG-Style) of my Samurai's S0500XX 34/36 lot.10 and some brandnew, unworn IHxB01 34/36...

The Samurai's are 4months in and are maximum stretched. Wearing them a bit sagged thus the off waist- and thighmeasurements!

S0500xx:

Waist 36.00 (cuz of sagging! -> half arse fit!)

Thigh 13.00

fr/rise 11.00

b/rise 16.00

knee 9.00

hem 8.50

ins. 35.50

IHxB01:

Waist 33.50

Thigh 11.90

fr/rise 11.00

b/rise 15.25

knee 8.75

hem 8.12

ins. 35.50

Hope i could help you guys?!...

Been wearing S710xx for 2 months now

I'm liking the developing lap fading, I'm hoping that the honeycombs will start fading some more instead of being mere creases.

Any tips from the vets on getting those nice honeycombs?

lap:

XuMk0.jpg

ass:

CK2Hc.jpg

AyCeP.jpg

comb creases:

uRm3E.jpg

rope:

mdqGe.jpg

took pics with phone, don't own a good camera

sorry! :o