Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

I was wearing them while they were still wet because I was scared they would shrink too much, but I guess they didn't.

I like the soft feel of the IH, probably because of the long cotton fibers. Then again, these still have to be broken in a bit.

But from the fades/contrast/honeycombing Ive seen, the samurais wins hands down. Hopefully I get some good results too.

you mentioned all. it was a collab between Samurai and the the shop 2nd.

Cut as the 710 with 15oz Texas Cotton denim and another leather patch. Also with contrast arcs.

100 pairs were made IIRC

edit: beat me to it ;)

another small detail, I'm not sure if other sams have it seeing this is the only pair of sams I own, but the selvage line is glittery haha

yes...19oz and the 15oz Texas Cotton denim have these silver selvage. 17oz VX has red/silver , 21oz has red/silver/gold , 17oz Jins has blue/silver selvage. I guess there are even more variations but I can't remember right now.

the 15oz Texas Cotton denim on my 66RR has a simple, classic red line selvage

Can some one inform me as to the difference between RHT and LHT denim?

Logically I would assume that they're basically the same thing except for a difference in the direction of the "diagonal lines" the twill creates.

But apparently they have different fading properties and feels? How?

I don't even know what twill my samurais are.. :o

Logically I would assume that they're basically the same thing except for a difference in the direction of the "diagonal lines" the twill creates.

Yep, that's exactly what the difference is. RHT is more common, probably because that's what Levis have always used. As for your Samurais, odds are pretty good that they're RHT, also. Only a couple of Special Edition models use LHT, as far as I know. To figure out for sure, just look at your jeans- if the weave lines start at the left and go upward to the right, they're RHT. Easy.

As for the difference in the fading and feel, I've heard that LHT produces better falling (streaky vertical fades), but I don't know that from personal experience. LHT is supposed to be softer, too. From what I've read, that's because thread is usually spun in a right hand twist, so when the denim shrinks from washing, the LHT weave tightens and pulls in the opposite direction and slightly untwists the threads, so that they're less rigid. But again, that's what I've read and I don't know this from personal experience.

yes softer so less high contrast fades (that's what they all say). more blurry fading.

All Samurai Jins use LHT (17oz) so most likely your pair is RHT if it hasn't a blue/silver selvage line and some Lee details.

There are also some Ltd. Ed. which use special LHT but I doubt you own one. And not to forget the 24oz LHT denim on the S510

M!ch, evo on your sams looks really good

dylanbooth; that crazy sofa blanket reminded me; hows your aero jacket coming along?

hey SLAB, sorry i only just spotted this (ive been pretty hectic recently!) the aero is lookin as good as ever! i will put up some pics in the "show us your leather" thread in a week or so for your approval:cool:

Just got these back from their first wash in advance of repairs (thanks again SESF). This is about 7 months.

Image00001.jpg

The light here in outer sunset is pretty washed out today; please forgive that and the cell phone quality. I will post again from AZ in a few weeks where there's warmer light and a few more mega-pixels available.

Just got these back from their first wash in advance of repairs (thanks again SESF). This is about 7 months.

The light here in outer sunset is pretty washed out today; please forgive that and the cell phone quality. I will post again from AZ in a few weeks where there's warmer light and a few more mega-pixels available.

That's a really nice fit!

you must've gotten them tapered

Shit guys, I may have fucked up sizing on my 710s.

BiG were out of 32s, so I sized down 1 to a 31.

Just got them, they currently fit *perfect* in the waist pre-soak. Any way I can keep the waist from shrinking post-wash? Stick something between the waist to keep it stretched?