Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

you crazy the waist expanded after the boiling soak? damn your houdini!
<br />

<br />

I stuck a piece of lumber, akin to a common 2x4, into the waistband before soaking. The waist fit very tightly to the wood as the jeans were drying. When fully dried, the waist was no longer shrunk as tight to the wood as when damp.

X-post from the Evo thread:

I'm not a very good photographer, but here's some quick snaps of my s5000vx. They were taken indooors with artificial light; contrast is unchanged and the color is close to the second pic. I'm going to have my friend who is a semi-pro photographer take some decent shots of them when he gets a chance.

They've been worn on and off for two years. I waited six months for the first wash and then washed them pretty much monthly after that. I would say they have had 20 washes in total. Both knees have been repaired by Denim Doctors: you can see the repair if you look closely.

4097555250_16523bf623.jpg

4097553152_34e4be9778.jpg

Thinking about selling my pair of samurai s710xx 2nd collab jeans size 32 worn less than 5 times in perfect condition. Thought I'd give you guys a heads up before anyone else could get their grubbys on them, would prefer they go to a good home :)

It's a shame they no longer have these in stock because I think 710 fit with visible arcs is just so damn sexy! and texas denim! with contrast orange and yellow arcs???!?!?!??!?!

Thinking about selling them for $275 shipped. Any takers ?

current measurements pre and post soak

waist 16.5 / 17.5 (stretched out the waist during soak)

front rise 11.5 / 10.5

rear rise 15 / 15

thigh 11.5 / 11.5

inseam 39 / 38

knee 9 / 8.75

hem 7.75 / 7.75 (kept the hems out of the water because I didn't want them to shrink)

dbe03b34.jpg

4d1d7b82.jpg

5d977db9.jpg

9866768d.jpg

4fd3e011.jpg

6a22e0b5.jpg

b513d4a3.jpg

3b897eff.jpg

a6f17422.jpg

Got a pair of s710xx blacks and for initial soak i did two consecutive hot soaks (soak, let dry, soaked again) theyre a bit baggier than id like and i think they might be due for a wash or soak. should i do a hot wash to get all the shrinkage out? been wearing em for a good 6 months worth so will the hot wash affect the fades i have right now? im thinking about a hot wash then taking it out before the rinse cycle. does that sound good?

Got a pair of s710xx blacks and for initial soak i did two consecutive hot soaks (soak, let dry, soaked again) theyre a bit baggier than id like and i think they might be due for a wash or soak. should i do a hot wash to get all the shrinkage out? been wearing em for a good 6 months worth so will the hot wash affect the fades i have right now? im thinking about a hot wash then taking it out before the rinse cycle. does that sound good?

you should be fine as you did two hot soaks. you said you have worn them for 6 months now so they proberly stink and are in need of a wash it won't affect your fades , just take off the top layer was has had the most wear. i would put them in the machine on 60 and they will shrink back to how they wear after the 2nd soak pictures would aslo be good ;)

im a samurai noob.

can someone tell me how lot 12 s0500 run and how people generally size in them.

thanks.

Actually, Beatle, inspired by how your contest jeans fit, I sized up one - 32 instead of my typical 31 - for a looser look and I couldn't be happier I did so. The denim is very shrinky and I hate that skewed, crooked fly su

too-tight-sufu-sizing effects. Pictures pending...