Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

sam_s0610xx.jpg

Blue In Green in a design cooperation with Samurai Jeans present the new S0610LX Low Rise / 2008 Special Model using the cloth that is Samurai's original 15oz Texas Cotton selvage denim. For the sample size 32 we started with a 9" front rise, an upper thigh under 12", an 8" leg opening and graded these measurements a 1/4" up and down for each size. This is Samurai's first ever low rise model and promising to become a mainstay alongside their popular high and mid rise models. Delivery date to be announced shortly.

So I'm debating between the S0110XJ and the S0500XX jeans. Right now, I love my RRDS true to size (32). They're a pretty "regular" fit on the slim side. I'm a skinny guy--6'2, 170 lbs--but I lift so I have some fairly thick quads, and I hate the painted-on look. I'm just looking for a straight leg, or slight taper.

Which would you guys reccommend, and how should I size them? A 12.25-12.5" thigh is ideal for me, but a 12" thigh is ok if it streches (post-soak).

the state: just keep patient and keep rockin' em. your sams are fine. if you want a more "dramatic" fade/progression, rock em' harder than you have been up to this point. do some physical labor, or whatever. dont get caught up in the "6-month'' hype.thats for jeans that arent dyed as well as your sams( no names). youre in NY, so go to BIG and peep the japanese jeans mags: a lot of the people with the sickest fades have been rocking their jeans for a LONG time. most cats here on sufu rarely wear their jeans longer than a year, which for a hardcore head in japan is just getting started. the point of this whole dissortation is "dont be discouraged!!!"

ps: machine washing/drying is fine, but you run more risk of unwanted creases. if you do machine wash, avoid the spin cycle. a good hot soak is highly recommended if theres no actual grime, just nut sweat. for extra germ killing, when you soak, pour boiling water directly on the crotch. as for drying, if you machine dry, your leather patch will age much more quickly, as you are basically baking it. if you hang dry in the sun, the sunlight will actually darken the areas that are least worn/crocked, thereby increasing the contrast of your fade( if so desired).

the state: just keep patient and keep rockin' em. your sams are fine. if you want a more "dramatic" fade/progression, rock em' harder than you have been up to this point. do some physical labor, or whatever. dont get caught up in the "6-month'' hype.thats for jeans that arent dyed as well as your sams( no names). youre in NY, so go to BIG and peep the japanese jeans mags: a lot of the people with the sickest fades have been rocking their jeans for a LONG time. most cats here on sufu rarely wear their jeans longer than a year, which for a hardcore head in japan is just getting started. the point of this whole dissortation is "dont be discouraged!!!"

That's how I have been feeling lately (like I need patience). I am at ~120 days of wear on my USA's and with the exception of the crotch and the cinchback there is basically zero fading of any kind anywhere. It's just weird seeing dudes at 2 months with the whole hidden arcs visible when mine don't even seem to be peeking out at all.

However, the fact that they are basically sized +3 at this point is not helping I'm sure. Within the next month or so I will need to get the crotch repaired I think, so at that point I might start on my F380's instead (which are sized properly after having lost some weight).

Oh, anyone know anywhere in the UK or Tokyo that could hem some sammies?

I'm going to get the 5000vxs today, but I need somewhere that could at least hem the jeans for me. Though soaking would be nice too.

If you are in the London area there is a place you can take them to in Covent Garden.

Guys name is Dale and he works out the back of Barbers shop in a small alley that runs alongside the Duffer store. The address is 3 Nottingham Court, covent garden, London WC2 9AY. Tel 020 7836 9401.

Two quick questions:

Does the first page sizing guide for the 710s still apply (S710 - true to size for slim fit)? Samurai sizing seems to be all over the place lately, which has scared me away from picking up a pair.

And roughly how much should I expect the 710s to shrink in the thigh from BiGs posted measurements?

Thanks for any help.

Oh, anyone know anywhere in the UK or Tokyo that could hem some sammies?

I'm going to get the 5000vxs today, but I need somewhere that could at least hem the jeans for me. Though soaking would be nice too.

You were in Americaya the other day right? Guessing that's where you picked them up? I would recommend soaking/washing before hemming as you will get some shrinkage.

Americaya does chain stitching (around 800 yen off hand)

Denim Dr does chain stitching (but it's 1600 yen!)

Bears also does chain stitching

If you want single stitching, Americaya will do them for free if you take them back with the reciept.

That's how I have been feeling lately (like I need patience). I am at ~120 days of wear on my USA's and with the exception of the crotch and the cinchback there is basically zero fading of any kind anywhere. It's just weird seeing dudes at 2 months with the whole hidden arcs visible when mine don't even seem to be peeking out at all.

However, the fact that they are basically sized +3 at this point is not helping I'm sure. Within the next month or so I will need to get the crotch repaired I think, so at that point I might start on my F380's instead (which are sized properly after having lost some weight).

120 days(4months) is just barely gettin' it poppin'. 3 quick facts about fading:

1: wear can only take indigo away, so every day is progress. even if you cant tell it. once you wash, you might be surprised how much indigo was loosened from the warp yarns, but just needed to be washed away. still, dont wash TOO often.

2: patience is a VIRTUE. in a lot of cases, the slowest fades are the most impressive. the journey of 1000 miles...

3: the jeans (assumedly under hard,consistent wear) will fade faster and faster over time, since there will always be less indigo today than there was yesterday

like paul T said, the journey is more important than the destination. just enjoy the fact that you are wearing some of the best denims planet earth has to offer. no matter how much sams, or any other artisanal brand blows up here on sufu, less than 1% of the populace wears top-quality denim. youre of the indigo elite! keep rockin' em!!!;)

You were in Americaya the other day right? Guessing that's where you picked them up? I would recommend soaking/washing before hemming as you will get some shrinkage.

Americaya does chain stitching (around 800 yen off hand)

Denim Dr does chain stitching (but it's 1600 yen!)

Bears also does chain stitching

If you want single stitching, Americaya will do them for free if you take them back with the reciept.

Yeah, I just picked them up today though, was choosing between the 5000vxs and the 0500vxs. The Americaya staff were ever so helpful though, they even let me try on their worn pair of 5000s, even though they were a bit short!

Now I just need to find somewhere that I can get a good soak, as opposed to the bath in my hotel room. Hopefully they'll have a laundrette on site, which it should, seeing as the prince hotel is fucking huge.

If you are in the London area there is a place you can take them to in Covent Garden.

Guys name is Dale and he works out the back of Barbers shop in a small alley that runs alongside the Duffer store. The address is 3 Nottingham Court, covent garden, London WC2 9AY. Tel 020 7836 9401.

Ah, cool beans. I'm not in London at the moment, but it's just in case I don't get around to hemming my jeans over here in Japan, I intend on getting them hemmed at home at least. And I go to London that often, that'd sound good to me just in case I don't do it before I leave Japan.

All this 610 talk is making me kinda wish I waited a bit, but I don't care. I finally have some Sammies, and my Canes are long overdue for retirement, 610s or whatever I may want to get in the future can wait...he says.

Just got a pair of SO256XXIIs in the mail. Left hand twill, cinch back, 5000 sillouhette. Beautiful pair of jeans. Can't wait til the end of the Warehouse contest for these babies. Got them from Japan with the arcs and tabs.

Dear Super-Sam Whores:

For future reference, please refrain from posting fit pics of your low-rise 610's if you have the any of the following issues:

-your gut hangs over the low-rise waistband

-your curly-q's are present in the photo

-rear-view pics require a "Don't do Crack" warning

-it will be clear to everyone what your religious beliefs are

-lubricants such as Crisco, Jergen's Hand Cream, or KY were used in the fitting of your jeans

-you are ugly

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Management