Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

s710xx sz. 34 measurements as requested (BiG style; cm / ").

initial warm soak/ cold wash at 2.5 months/ now at 3 months:

waist- 43 / 16.9

front rise- 26 / 10.2

back rise- 34 / 13.4

thigh- 30 / 11.8

knee- 22.5 / 8.85

hem- 19.5 / 7.7

inseam- 86 / 33.5 (remember it was hemmed to 35" when RAW)

cheers.

Atzec, what is your true waist?

i bought some tagged sz 31 5000vx hoping they'd stretch to a 33. they measured 32 raw and are 30.25 after a 45minute soak and drip dry. are these going to stretch out to a permanent 33 ever? or should i sell and size up?

the fit throughout the legs is fine but the waist isway too tight, can't even button the top2

what size do I need for a measured 33 waist accounting for soaking/washing and stretching

Stretch 3 inches? Yeah they might, but you're doing some serious stretching. You're probably going wear out the yoke and blow through the crotch much sooner than normal.

i bought some tagged sz 31 5000vx hoping they'd stretch to a 33. they measured 32 raw and are 30.25 after a 45minute soak and drip dry. are these going to stretch out to a permanent 33 ever? or should i sell and size up?

the fit throughout the legs is fine but the waist isway too tight, can't even button the top2

what size do I need for a measured 33 waist accounting for soaking/washing and stretching

i think you might need to size up a bit.. not sure but once you stretch them out and wash it it'll kinda revert back to the size it originally was

My 34's measured 34 pre soak and 32 post, but stretched back out. Could eventually make 35 with some wear, but they feel around 34 now.

Similar experience with the 36's I had to get rid of.

You may get away with it, just, but it will take some time and depends on the fit you want.

They will stretch to that. I posted stretch measurements on 31s in the how do jeans fit thread a while back... http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=847895&postcount=1967 Samurai 5000VX Lot 9, Size 31". Hot soaked twice when bought and hemmed. ... Now stretched to 34" (87cm). Even if the lot 10's are an inch smaller, they should stretch to 33.

Yeah the 5000's can stretch beyond their raw waist. Gordon's pair (from BIG), as he told me, stretched back to raw size plus atleast another inch. If you're planning on sagging them, you will definitely not have a hard time getting that result in the waist.

Dip the waistline in some water and throw them puppies on...button them up as far as possible and through the course of a few hours, you'll be able to button them all the way up and slide them down to your desired "waist" level (sliding them also helps stretch, obviously).

thanks for the helpful responses, may as well post pre-post soak measurements

S5000vx sz31 lot 10

45 minute hotsoak, drip dry

waist 16/ 15.25

thigh 12/ 11.5

f rise 11/ 10.5

hem 8.75/ 8.5

These just seem way too small and i'd feel more comfortable going up to atleast a 32.

ANyone interested in these? bought from 2nd w/ arcs and tabs. Worn for literally the 2 minutes i realized i couldnt but them up. paid $272 shipped. would like to get close to that back so i can get some 32

These just seem way too small and i'd feel more comfortable going up to atleast a 32.

Just a warning before you sell, they are deceptive in how much they will stretch. If you go up a size they will drape differently and have more noticable hip flare and may even end up being too big. Since you're not willing to wait I would stretch out the waist by hand and try them on again before selling. Grab both ends of the unbuttoned waist loop and stretch the waist using your knee or your heel, and put effort into it, they are tough. You will feel it stretch a little as you do it. Do it at different points along the loop. That will get almost all the stretch out in a couple of minutes and this is what they would eventually stretch to anyway. If you still don't like them after that, sell them.

Time for some Samurai pics. I think I'm around a month right now, but up until this past week I've only been able to wear them nights and weekends. However I am done with high school and will no be wearing this nearly every day.

I think I'm going to get them hemmed, the stacking is what gives that weird flare around my calves, it used to be like that on my warehouses before I got those hemmed.

adn6gz.jpg

166yzhv.jpg

33djb5z.jpg

33ab1ie.jpg

5otwcn.jpg

i assume this has been covered - if so direct me to the link maybe?

what is special about samurai's zero denim? i have a pair of 0500xxs which, to my understanding are not from the zero collection. thanks

Brian those look really good, mines about the same state give or take. I'm almost at my 3 month mark but I don't think I'm gonna update till I hit 4 'cause thats when I plan on washing them right before the real summer heat kickds in.

shot of my jins at 5 months (about 3 of actual wear)

unfortunately the waist never really stretched for me and after a wash, i'm gonna need to lose some weight before putting them on again.

IMG_4360Small.jpg

looking good. looks like i have a ways to go still.