Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Thinking about getting my busters tapered a bit from the knee down.

Bad idea? Anybody else ever gotten their jeans tapered?

Not on ironhearts specifically, but on other jeans (SEXSC06, PBJ xx-005, Onvis malmo) it worked wonders to get rid of calf flare and to get a much better fit from the knee down.

If you don't wear them cuffed, you can have it done from the outseam, which is much easier for the seamstress/tailor, and is going to affect the final price too (inseam job, more time consuming and more expensive. Plus, you probably need a lockstitch machine too)

If the amount of denim you would like to have taken in is around one inch (let's say turning a 8" straight fit Leg opening into a 7" tapered one which is what i had done on the above mentioned jeans), you'll be absolutely fine.

Someone very anal may argue that it could spoil the "train tracks" once they fade but i don't see it as a problem at all and it is not necessarily going to happen ("train tracks" are more evident in the thigh area, as wear is going to happen mostly there)

Radically changing a pair is problematic, but "fine tuning" is perfectly ok and final results are rewarding (2 cents rule applies here)

Guest nooblet333

Should've just gotten the devils fit..

I want to do this also.

If I could do this I wouldn't sell my busters. Maybe if I can get the hem taken in about an inch.

Should've just gotten the devils fit..
This. 1234564444

I thought about it, but the measurements on selfedge are almost identical, even when factoring in shrinking on the devils fit...

So unless anybody wants a pair of beatle busters in size 30, I guess I'll just live with the ridiculous calf flair or try and get them tapered in a half inch or so.

it depends on what you really want.. from past experience, ive done afew mods and alterations to my jeans, for a short period it gave me a sense of satisfaction of not losing money trying to sell the jeans that do not fit me the way i wanted. but after awhile, in a long run, i regretted it. the jeans are now altered and if let say i dont feel like wearing them anymore, it would be hard to sell the jeans and I would be left out with jeans that i hate keeping and no body wants them either..

so i you decide to taper them its okay if you really plan to wear them for a long time and it would be good if you can fit a tailor that really know their business..

another option is sell the BB and why not get some 301S ? they have the same flagship denim

or just keep the BB and shop for other jeans that fit you properly...you can use the BB for the times that you feel the need for some jeans with bigger leg opening.. so yeah

I thought about it, but the measurements on selfedge are almost identical, even when factoring in shrinking on the devils fit...

So unless anybody wants a pair of beatle busters in size 30, I guess I'll just live with the ridiculous calf flair or try and get them tapered in a half inch or so.

Try and sell them, that's what I'm doing.

But honestly your fit is 10x better than mine.

I should have went with my gut feeling on mine and not taken the advice to have the hemmed. Oh well, lesson learned.

i think tapering is a good idea if you like the fit everywhere else and just want a slightly more fitted lower leg area. I have large thighs so for most jeans I have to do that, otherwise it would look like a repro cut and the stacking would be really messy. It works pretty well. Either that or buy a cut that fits the way you want it to from the start.

so i you decide to taper them its okay if you really plan to wear them for a long time and it would be good if you can fit a tailor that really know their business..

another option is sell the BB and why not get some 301S ? they have the same flagship denim

or just keep the BB and shop for other jeans that fit you properly...you can use the BB for the times that you feel the need for some jeans with bigger leg opening.. so yeah

301S are sold out at selfedge, or at least sold out of my size.

I absolutely love the fit on the BB's....and what's odd is that the hem is only 1/4 of an inch larger than my previous favorite jeans but the BB's have this weird calf flaring, so I'm not really sure if that's the cause.

I really don't think I'll get them altered. I'm a very impatient person haha.