TokenIndianKid

The Strike Gold

2,420 posts in this topic

finally getting around to posting pics of my 2109's. sorry they are of iphone quality but i'm lazy.

here is the fit after a hot soak and about 5 days of wear. i absolutely love the fit and the denim.

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

that is a really good fit. get the belt to go with it, it'll be like peanut butter and jelly!

finally getting around to posting pics of my 2109's. sorry they are of iphone quality but i'm lazy.

here is the fit after a hot soak and about 5 days of wear. i absolutely love the fit and the denim.

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

How much did the rise shrink?

not much. these jeans have a fairly high rise. these jeans didn't shrink all that much and i gave them a very hot soak for probably 30 minutes.

Strike Gold SG1105

18 Months of Wear, 8 Washes.

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

well thought my 2109;s were a little too loose and felt (knew) i didn't get all the shrinkage out i could so i threw them in some almost boiling water for about 20 minutes and threw them in the dryer. the fit now is 10x better got soooo much more shrinkage out. almost fit like my 666od's but just a tad roomier in the thigh.

will post up pictures tomorrow.

my sg2109's are on thee wayy. can't wait to see how they fit! i've been wanting them for a while.

My fresh pair of sg1105s, 1 x 45 hot soak and air dry, 1 x 30 min boiling soak and 20 mins in tumble dry, then air dry.

To all those worried about throwing jeans in the dryer, seriously don't worry too much (unless you're trying to avoid shrinking, then worry). 20-30 mins in the dryer alone won't murder your fades unless you chuck a few rocks in also.

Second day of wearing:

photo2-13.jpg

photo1-15.jpg

Edited by Aries

Strike Gold SG1105

18 Months of Wear, 8 Washes.

DSC_0459.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

Just dope!!!! Have to bring them up again!!!

thinking of getting one of these awesome sweaters from sg, but im not sure on the sizing. ive got a buzz sweat in size m, that fits fairly well. (its almost too short and a bit bulky in the.. armpit area but still my favorite sweater) so, s or m? id love it if someone who has tried on both could give me some advice!

I would try a medium, the strike gold sweaters shrink when washed quite a bit and the small was way too tight even before a wash on me. I fit the medium in BR fairly well.

Great sale corporalclegg, but too small for me.

My current Strike Gold 1103 bought second hand with a little bit of wear and 2 weeks of wear since I have them.

Fooling around with an IH black denim jacket (Crosspost from My Nudies)

DSC02762-red.jpg

DSC02763-red.jpg

DSC02764-red.jpg

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

nice fit. personally, i'd go with a hem... can't get down with cuffs like that.

some sg2109's, about 5~6ish months of real wear, sorry for blurry pics

DSC07599.jpg

DSC07600.jpg

Edited by ryansuuu

Just about to get some 2109's but I'd be grateful for a bit of advice regarding size, I've read through this full thread but still a bit unsure and as I live in the UK exchanging them would be a pain.

I'm a 34" waist but not sure whether to go for a 33" or a 34" any suggestions?

my recollection of trying on both the 2109's & 1109's was that i could size down without too much trouble. i'd go the 33. the denim will always stretch back to pre-soak, and beyond.

For sizing down, to reiterate what Kiya has said before, pay more attention to ALL OTHER measurements THEN waist.

You can always adjust the waist with a belt, but if the thigh etc. is too tight, not much room for stretch.

Pay attention to the rise and the potential for shrinkage with a hot soak. You might want to go true to tag size.

Yeah I think it's good advice to go true on size when you plan to wash or soak them.

^^^^And thanks smittybat and sorry layne about my monster cuffs. I could never ever cut or hem any piece of a raw denim pants. It would break my raw denim heart

^^And baldy: Sorry about my ugly shoes. I just grew up wearing open shoes my whole life except when raining or snowfall or when I'm hiking

^^ryansuu:

Those SG are looking great after 6 month of wear. Super great fadings on them.

Are they still unwashed?

If yeas, wait fro washing!

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

about the TTS this, i guess it depends on the fit you want. i just went TTS and they for sure dont fit how i was expecting.

now im on 400 on a pair of jeans.

anyone looking for a pair of SG2109s in a tagged size 34 let me know. Been hot soaked once, not worn for over 5 minutes. If anyones intersted shoot me a PM and lets work something out. id like to get some money so i can try another pair..