The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

My 1105's are really slow to fade. It might just be because I don't wear them all that often anymore, but I'm kind of starting to like how they aren't really worn out. Plus the texture of this denim is amazing.

Examples:

xpmn.jpg

ox92.jpg

weuw.jpg

seeing all these pictures and i am sure my next pair must be strike gold. if only i didn't already have more than a few pairs in my rotation now i'd definitely get one. could anybody weight their opinion on 2109 vs 3109? which one is more characterful/interesting in your opinion? 

@DhaDha

I'm currently wearing 2105 & 3105.. I think they're the same quality and great. Each of them has their owrn character.. For me, the most interesting part of 2105 is their mud dyed weft, which looks very very beautiful under the sunlight.. the more you wear, the more beautiful the mixture of the dark indigo, faded indigo, mud dyed weft.. then, the most interesting part of 3105 for me are their texture which has appeared  since the first time (i think it's caused by their left hand twill fabric), the denim is little bit stiffer and more crispy than the 2105 at first.. FYI, i've been wearing 3105 for about 3 months, the most interesting part is it's still hairy (a lot) until now..

And to your question, to be honest, it's difficult to say which one is better, that's why i go with them both.. haha I think you can't go wrong with them both..  :D

@DhaDha

I'm currently wearing 2105 & 3105.. I think they're the same quality and great. Each of them has their owrn character.. For me, the most interesting part of 2105 is their mud dyed weft, which looks very very beautiful under the sunlight.. the more you wear, the more beautiful the mixture of the dark indigo, faded indigo, mud dyed weft.. then, the most interesting part of 3105 for me are their texture which has appeared  since the first time (i think it's caused by their left hand twill fabric), the denim is little bit stiffer and more crispy than the 2105 at first.. FYI, i've been wearing 3105 for about 3 months, the most interesting part is it's still hairy (a lot) until now..

And to your question, to be honest, it's difficult to say which one is better, that's why i go with them both.. haha I think you can't go wrong with them both..  :D

thanks man! damn that makes it harder to decide. when it comes to it i'll just toss a coin or something! 

seeing all these pictures and i am sure my next pair must be strike gold. if only i didn't already have more than a few pairs in my rotation now i'd definitely get one. could anybody weight their opinion on 2109 vs 3109? which one is more characterful/interesting in your opinion? 

I have both the 2109's and the 3109's.  Both look really nice.  Both have nice detail and nice deep pocket bags.  The non white weft threads give both a unique look.  The 3109's though were very rigid to start.  So at least in my experience the 3109's took more time to break in.  You can't go wrong with either one.

Can anyone comment on how the 3xxx denim stretches in the thigh? I managed to button up my 3105s but they're borderline skin-tight in the upper and mid region of the thigh..

They stretch a fair bit check my post a few pages back for measurements on a pair of size 33 3109s.

Assuming thats pre-soak, based on how the 3xxx denim shrinks and stretches, you could have gone down a size or two to get a slimmer fit. It looks like you have a lot of room in those right now. Did you happen to size up from from TTS?

I would definitely go one size down on those, they look a bit big post-soak.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate it! Hoping my 3109s turn out like these.

Damn! Where were you last month when i was looking for worn in jeans!?

Geez didn't know you were looking for a pair Kiya, do you still need a pair? These are about to go into retirement.

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless plug...

About to put a almost brand new pair of 1109 W30 up in the supermarket. Worn one day for less than 4 hours, sized to big and bought another pair in 29. The the denim on this particular pair is so freaking sweet. These were bought and hemmed at SELA.

Inital hotsoak + 4 hours wear

Actual size:

Waist: 31

Inseam: 31

Thigh: 21.5

Leg opening: 14

Price is $270 >>> $220 shipped in the CONUS.

Open to reasonable offers. 

Best way to get a hold of me is via email: [email protected]

IMG_1177_zps31a7bede.jpg

IMG_1178_zpsa6d0229d.jpg

IMG_1180_zps0c2f0509.jpg

IMG_1181_zps978ada6c.jpg

IMG_1188_zpsf9543d32.jpg

IMG_1193_zpsa91a97c8.jpg

IMG_1185_zpsc2f8df9b.jpg

Edited by Deebo

I have the SG 3109's in a size 36.  I've hot soaked these in a tub for about 40 minutes 3 separate times.  After all this I feel:

#1 - This denim does not shrink very much.(not sure why?)

#2 - This denim is very stiff.  One of the stiffest pair of jeans I own.

#3 - This denim really bleeds.  At the end of the day my hands have a blue tint 

Has anyone else had this experience with the 3109 denim?

Any thoughts why some denim just doesn't shrink well with hot soaks?  My 2109's did the same thing. 

I like these jeans and the fit is great.

#1 - The heavier the weight, the less it shrinks.  At 17oz., those are on the heavy side.

#2 - Heavier also stiffer - generally speaking, but it could be a higher amount of starch too.  

#3 - Some bleed more than others the first time, er... soak.