The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

@regedit_ yeah, tnx man!

got the 1105, w/c i TTSed @W33.  fit was fab & spot on, tho rise was a tad too low for [my standard] mid-rise.

fearing there'd be residual shrinkage on the back end ... ie, down the line after multiple washes + years of wear,  i  sized conservatively on them.   with similar shrinkage as the 1105s factored in__ 'figured a SU1 to get an extra 1/2" on the f/rise + a full inch @rear so i can get a  more comfort fit all around.

should've done what i always do ... more research 1st before cop  :blush:    

Edited by BrownMetallic

Shameless plug!

Re-listed due to time waster.

eBay auction for The Strike Gold 3109.

Red tab present.

All photos and measurements included in the auction details.

Just search: 121202967648 (new item number)

Any questions please message me.

Edited by dant87

Can anyone provide info about the fit of the 1109's vs. 3sixteen ST's?

I have a pair of the ST's in a 34 and the thighs are super tight, they haven't stretched much. I'm really intrigued by the look of the 1109's, wondering if the fit through the thighs might be worth exploring. I was comparing measurements between the two on the SE site, but the 3sixteen site and the SE site list different measurements for the ST's, so not sure which is accurate.

Thanks in advance.

V.

Can anyone provide info about the fit of the 1109's vs. 3sixteen ST's?

I have a pair of the ST's in a 34 and the thighs are super tight, they haven't stretched much. I'm really intrigued by the look of the 1109's, wondering if the fit through the thighs might be worth exploring. I was comparing measurements between the two on the SE site, but the 3sixteen site and the SE site list different measurements for the ST's, so not sure which is accurate.

Thanks in advance.

V.

I own the 34 in both and I find the sg to be slightly tighter. They're pretty similar fits though.

The ST measurements seem to differ a lot because each production run ends up a bit different. I've seen pairs from a few years ago that measure the same as a current 34 even though they were labeled as a 31. Because of that you shouldn't base your comparisons on sizing charts. Measure your own pair then compare them to the 1109 on SE. Those are accurate. Same with the measurements for shrinkage that they mention.

The ST measurements seem to differ a lot because each production run ends up a bit different. I've seen pairs from a few years ago that measure the same as a current 34 even though they were labeled as a 31. Because of that you shouldn't base your comparisons on sizing charts. Measure your own pair then compare them to the 1109 on SE. Those are accurate. Same with the measurements for shrinkage that they mention.

Good tip, thank you for that. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

This probably isn't going to be a popular opinion, but for some reason I really only enjoy seeing patina on things like leather and denim.  Also, I'm not sure why everyone goes all gung ho as soon as something is indigo dyed....just seems kinda gimmicky to me.  

But then again I haven't really seen something like this indigo dyed after its been worn for a while....hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

This probably isn't going to be a popular opinion, but for some reason I really only enjoy seeing patina on things like leather and denim.  Also, I'm not sure why everyone goes all gung ho as soon as something is indigo dyed....just seems kinda gimmicky to me.  

But then again I haven't really seen something like this indigo dyed after its been worn for a while....hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

I don't know how much these will fade. I have an indigo-dyed henley from Homespun knitwear, and it hasn't faded at all. My guess is that this won't get high-contrast fades, if any, since the material isn't very rigid or abrasive. I'm with you, though, I don't really want any patina on my knitwear.

Strike Gold is pretty short. I sized up one from my usual US size, and it's very slim and pretty short. I'd size up twice, if you're concerned about the length and don't really want a slim-fitting sweatshirt. If you're usually a small in US brands, try large, but definitely double check measurements, and keep in mind the garment is unwashed and it will shrink (edit: for the indigo sweats, Kiya says they will NOT shrink). In my experience SE's shrinkage estimate for the hoodie was spot-on for a cold wash.  

Edited by misterjuiceman

FYI, the SG indigo dyed loopwheeled sweats do not shrink. 

They're on sale at SENY already and the other stores are getting them over the next 10 days.  These will go extremely quick, especially considering they don't cost much more than the regular colors (and the hoodie came down in cost by $30).  There are no restocks and we bought 95% of their entire production run.

Kiya, are these still going online on the 5th?

They're going online when all the stores receive them, so that should be around the 12th of November.  In the meantime you can phone order them from the stores if you'd like.  

Got it, might make a phone call tomorrow to ensure that an XL makes it online. I'm just concerned with the length of the body that's all. I'm assuming it's around 26 in. on the XL?

Why not just call SENY and order through there instead, so you don't risk missing out on your size waiting for when it goes online? SE lists the XL for the other colors at 29" length: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=841 (and 29.5" for the crewneck: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=814)

. Not sure how the indigo compares, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kiya, are these still going online on the 5th?

The indigo dyed ones and new gray color are online now:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=86

(photos being updated tomorrow, but specs/measurements are correct)

I think one of my favorite little details on the indigo dyed sweats is the fact that the label is dyed too.

This photo isn't really representative of the true color, the product photos above are though.

pKAOjZfl.jpg

Also I placed an order for a grey hoodie yesterday at SELA, should probably be here tomorrow.

Yeah, that's due to shitty apartment lighting and my iPhone camera.

It doesn't look anything like that in reality.

I can't wait to see these worn in and super faded in a year or two.