The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

garden gnomes, have you had the chance to try any SGs on? i thought they seemed pretty slim too, but ordered a pair of 2105s in size 36 (usually take a 34 in most brands). raw, they seemed huge. even after a soak, i could tell that i'd need to go down to a 34. and i'm a bigger fella. just my 2 cents regarding that model.

garden gnomes, have you had the chance to try any SGs on? i thought they seemed pretty slim too, but ordered a pair of 2105s in size 36 (usually take a 34 in most brands). raw, they seemed huge. even after a soak, i could tell that i'd need to go down to a 34. and i'm a bigger fella. just my 2 cents regarding that model.

no, im just going off of raw measurements. Ill def. try a pair on, but I generally require a waist 33 to to have at minimum 12.5" thigh, and thats pushing my comfort level.

I had a 1103ex in 36, and they were plenty roomy in the thigh.

1103's are huge. I remember my pair, although it was possibly the heaviest denim I've ever owned. I'm a small guy, so I wound up selling them due to how big the were.

hey Lax, I went back quite some pages, or it might have been browsing the IH forum thread, shame they didn't work out for you - I thought they were good on you but I can understand it being a pretty opinion dividing cut..

yeh found it, you had the heavies.. 1103EX!

Yup! Those shits were seriously heavy. Honestly, they put my 634s to shame in terms of weight, lol. The looked good because most of the clothes I wore back then weren't too slim, but they were big enough that if I were standing up straight my legs wouldn't touch the denim at all as they were such a big cut (too big for a guy like me).

Yup! Those shits were seriously heavy. Honestly, they put my 634s to shame in terms of weight, lol. The looked good because most of the clothes I wore back then weren't too slim, but they were big enough that if I were standing up straight my legs wouldn't touch the denim at all as they were such a big cut (too big for a guy like me).

I can second that. The 23 oz are heavy but I was surprised how comfy they are. It's a pitty that my SG has a break now after 19 month of wear since I started to break in my IH 25 oz during the HWDC 2 for the next 2 years

But I'll come back to the SG because they are still far away from retirenment

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

I've just changed to 1105EX and been wearing it for 2 days. Although this one is really heavy, i really agree with swiss-jeansfreak about the comforts. For your information, i live in tropical country, 30 degree of Celcius everyday. But, this one suits me very well and i get no problem with them.

Before wearing this beast, i had been wearing SG2105 for 6 months. what i really love about this one is the shade of the color. The combination of the indigo warp and mud dyed weft creates a very beautiful fading color.

in my opinion, These 2 jeans beat my IH301s in every aspects. I bought 301s in October 2011 before i know The strike gold. I think this brand has a very big potential to be as big as others japanese jeans brand.

Wow, Jacob so you have another big task now to rock them the hard way!

I can second that. The 23 oz are heavy but I was surprised how comfy they are. It's a pitty that my SG has a break now after 19 month of wear since I started to break in my IH 25 oz during the HWDC 2 for the next 2 years

But I'll come back to the SG because they are still far away from retirenment

I hear ya... well I gotta say that I would love to get another pair of 23oz's, but I just got the 3109's! I love your pair though, they're such a good example of promising fades.

Yeh 23oz is pretty damn heavy! I think I'd be happy with their 17oz 2103's to be honest.

Ah sounds a bit like my Mr Freedom Californians! Couldn't understand how on paper the measurements were fine and even compared alright with a pair I'd measured up against but on me just swamped me totally.

Yup! Exactly lol. Regardless I've seen some faded pairs and I gotta admit they are probably some of the nicest fades I've seen.

Anyways, here's some pics of my 3109's :D will put up post soak fit tomorrow... Gonna get them hemmed probably this Sunday.

p1532864264-3.jpgp1532864280-3.jpg

p1532863624-4.jpg

p1532863948-4.jpg

p1532863956-4.jpg

p1532863986-4.jpg

p1532864254-4.jpg

Not sure what the 9 means.

Edited by laxlife1234

Thanks Jacob.

Yeah I miss my SG and they have to wait for another long time in the closet.

Great pics from your SG here!!

I hear ya... well I gotta say that I would love to get another pair of 23oz's, but I just got the 3109's! I love your pair though, they're such a good example of promising fades.

Yup! Exactly lol. Regardless I've seen some faded pairs and I gotta admit they are probably some of the nicest fades I've seen.

Anyways, here's some pics of my 3109's :D will put up post soak fit tomorrow... Gonna get them hemmed probably this Sunday.

p1532864264-3.jpgp1532864280-3.jpg

p1532863624-4.jpg

p1532863948-4.jpg

p1532863956-4.jpg

p1532863986-4.jpg

p1532864254-4.jpg

Not sure what the 9 means.

Since you have both the 2109 and 3109, are they both slubby like the 1109? I'm guessing the 3109 isn't slubby but I don't know about the 2109, thanks! I'm jealous

My pictures aren't as nice as yours, but that number is similar to what PBJ does: It's the cut of the jeans. For example, my 1105s:

photoxvn.jpg

PBJ and SG are the only ones I know of so far that do this, but I'm sure there are more.

My pictures aren't as nice as yours, but that number is similar to what PBJ does: It's the cut of the jeans. For example, my 1105s:

PBJ and SG are the only ones I know of so far that do this, but I'm sure there are more.

PBJ and SG have quite a few similarities.

SG's initial denim was developed by PBJ and then tweaked for SG's exclusive use, then two years later the mud dyed weft denim was on SG's jean then a year later on PBJ's jeans. PBJ's president said to me that he helped the husband and wife team from Strike Gold start their company because they were old friends from the early days of the denim industry of Japan.

^Thanks everyone.

Since you have both the 2109 and 3109, are they both slubby like the 1109? I'm guessing the 3109 isn't slubby but I don't know about the 2109, thanks! I'm jealous

I can't answer that since I own the 2105 and 3109, not the 1109 ;)

The 3109 is more slubby than the 2105, but then again the 3109 aren't like PBJ's - there is definitely some slubbiness to them though.

Ah gotcha! I thought mine was #9 from production and I felt excited, lol.

Here's post soak.. kinda man cause the waist does not fit, it's like an inch too big -_-. I knew I should've gone with the 29's like my 2105s.

p1533547712-4.jpg

p1533547718-4.jpg

I'll either get them hemmed tomorrow or sometime during the week.

^ Looks like a good fit from here. I'm liking those stacks on you too. I will looking forward to how these turn out

What shrinkage did you get if any? Do you have measurements pre/post soak?

My 2109's didn't shrink as i expected either. shrank only 1" inseam, everything else was virtually the same as pre soak. ( i soaked in hot water for an hour)

Edited by chewie

Perfect look Jacob!!

If you would wear them exactly this way, I'm pretty sure, you will receive awesome fading results on them!!

Edited by swiss-jeansfreak

looks perfect in my book...and for the too big waist, a belt is always an option ;)

Thanks mate :) Actually... they were HUGE in the waist pre-wash, and they are still large enough to fit my fist. Luckily they're skinny enough that they wont fall down... oh and yeah, a belt always helps :P

Tidy! Look good mate.

Thanks!

^ Looks like a good fit from here. I'm liking those stacks on you too. I will looking forward to how these turn out

What shrinkage did you get if any? Do you have measurements pre/post soak?

My 2109's didn't shrink as i expected either. shrank only 1" inseam, everything else was virtually the same as pre soak. ( i soaked in hot water for an hour)

Thanks man. I am going to try out the stacks for a little, they're skinny enough where I don't think they look too sloppy. I'll see if I don't like them in a week. I'll do my best to get measurements for you. Overall they did shrink quite a bit, but for post-soak measurements check SE because there wasn't any need for me to measure them pre-soak.

damn those 3109's look amazing

Thanks!

Perfect look Jacob!!

If you would wear them exactly this way, I'm pretty sure, you will receive awesome fading results on them!!

Hehe that's what I hope! They're very starchy right now so I think there will be some crisp fading. I'll be wearing them all summer in addition to all year throughout college!