Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

nope, not yet, the last pics i took were the ones in the park a while back. i have them on right now, cause i gotta go do a grout-removal job today before the regular 8 hr. gig...i've done quite a bit of ceramic tile related jobs in them, but i havent washed them in a while since i only wear them for 3-4 hrs a day as compared to 16 hrs/day wear for the contest denimes, so i'll give em a wash this weekend, and snap some pics 4 ya.

Just took some quick measurements on the 1108's size 32. I used the hottest tap water that came out of the facets and added 2 small pots of boiling water (without pouring it directly on to the leather patch)

They are slightly still damp on the waist and on the pocket bags.

Waist 32"

Thigh 12"

Hem 21cm

Right now they feel very snug in the bum and thigh area but I am sure this Zimbabwe cotton will stretch with a couple wears.

Also the denim is probably the softest raw denim I have felt in a long while. Might also be due to the fact I put them in the dryer for about 5-10 mins. After that they were left to dry in the sun.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics

EDITED...got rid of old pics and added better quality pics!!

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

I think the fc denim is super soft in comparison to eternal. It seems to be much less hairy as well.

That's how my 1101's were back in the day!

Edit: s3lam awesome fit!! Would you mind posting post soak measurements and your height/weight? I am sure other people with a similar frame would like to have a similar it!

Thanks Chris_n!!

Now that they are totally dry the measurement are basically the same as the ones that I posted when they were slightly damp.

Waist 32"

Thigh 12"

Hem 21cm

I am sure after a few wears the waist will stretch and the thighs will give a bit. I will post pics after the denim stretches out a bit and settles down.

For reference:

Height: a tad under 5'10"

Weight: 175lbs

Hope that helps!

ahhh.... no.... how is fullcount similar to eternals and flathead?
I think the fc denim is super soft in comparison to eternal. It seems to be much less hairy as well.

Unfortunately my FC are on hold pending a hem. Not sure though if I should. After 2 soaks, a day wear, then machine wash and hot dry, inseam is still about 33". Need ~32, so it's close. I would have expected more like 3" inseam shrink for these...

Denim, when new, feels like it has a lot of vertical irregularity like FH and Eternal, and is really crisp. It relaxes faster though.

Texture is less pronounced than FH and Et, and may be closer to Momos when they soften up (which seems to be a blend of vertical slub and smooth). Dunno - just first impressions.

Thanks Chris_n!!

Now that they are totally dry the measurement are basically the same as the ones that I posted when they were slightly damp.

Waist 32"

Thigh 12"

Hem 21cm

s3lam - did you get inseam measurement?

i've always thought that fullcount denim and dry bones sushi-ear denim are similar.

trust the kid, watch out when boiling the jeans, cause just the steam rising over the pot will shrink the patch. with my denimes i already had the water boiling, so as i went to put the jeans in the steam rolled the leather up like a dutch. no one around here would know what kind of jeans i wear even if the patch is mint, so a shrunk patch isn't exactly a cock-block for me.

Denim, when new, feels like it has a lot of vertical irregularity like FH and Eternal, and is really crisp. It relaxes faster though.

Texture is less pronounced than FH and Et, and may be closer to Momos when they soften up (which seems to be a blend of vertical slub and smooth). Dunno - just first impressions.

NOPE! I still disagree....

firstly FC denim is a medium shade of indigo,

FH and Et... denim is one of the darkest shades of indigo...

FC denim is period accurate.... there is not much slub at all... unlike FH and Et... not too much of that vertical irregularity...

it's also lighter in weight..

FC uses 7x7 yarns

FH and Et both uses 6x6 yarns

Momotaros is a completely different concept.. they use extremely high tension that undergoes a preshrink process. 5x6 yarns.

All denim is essential stiff and crispy due the present of starch.... crispyness is directly proportional to the extent of starch use...

the closest denim to FC is in my opinion LVC japan

thanx for the warp yarn gauge info. i love shit like that to ponder while i waste my life away at my deadend job. but i must say that FC denim shows really nice vertical fading(falling) when it starts to fade, but the slub becomes much less noticeable once the denim is completely worn to the whites. here's an example from my own 1108 non-contest jawns, you can see the denim in a few stages of wear and the variations in indigo hue and apparent slub/vertical falling:

96522639.jpg

FC denim pretty damn dark raw, but i've never seen them beside a pair of raw eternals, so let me shut the fuck up

NOPE! I still disagree....

firstly FC denim is a medium shade of indigo,

FH and Et... denim is one of the darkest shades of indigo...

FC denim is period accurate.... there is not much slub at all... unlike FH and Et... not too much of that vertical irregularity...

it's also lighter in weight..

FC uses 7x7 yarns

FH and Et both uses 6x6 yarns

Momotaros is a completely different concept.. they use extremely high tension that undergoes a preshrink process. 5x6 yarns.

All denim is essential stiff and crispy due the present of starch.... crispyness is directly proportional to the extent of starch use...

the closest denim to FC is in my opinion LVC japan

My point had nothing to do with indigo color or new starched condition. Purely about weave irregularities. Hand-feel.

Have you owned and worn all those brands for an extended period of time, or are you just referencing Forum knowledge?

thanx for the warp yarn gauge info. i love shit like that to ponder while i waste my life away at my deadend job.

Lulz. I know the feeling. Thanks for the review Salaami.

i agree with dawei. fc is like old levis smooth but nice 13.5oz

Yeah, I'm feeling that these may end up closer to my WH660s once broken in. It's interesting how denim reveals itself over time. I guess if loom-state factory stats were all we needed to know, this forum wouldn't need to exist to recount personal experience.

Question for anyone who has the 1108s unhemmed and worn a lot:

what is the eventual inseam you guys are getting after multiple washes and full shrink/wear?

I'm still wondering if I should hem. The hard-wash 1108s Gordon has are ~31" inseam in my size, but he can't really figure out how they shrunk that much, since we all seem to have ~33" after washings.

I said I would post some pics my of 1108's once the denim started to settle down. They have loosened up a tad in the waist & thighs and the combs & whiskers have somewhat started to take form. Haven't worn them hard (still using my 1001's as my everyday jean) but have been worn for 2 full days.

DSC01782.jpg

DSC01783.jpg

Combs kinda look weird right now. Still trying to find their shape I guess.

DSC01790.jpg

Have you owned and worn all those brands for an extended period of time, or are you just referencing Forum knowledge?

Yes. I have worn all of these jeans.... can you define "extended period of time"? the answer is probably no... due to the nature of having only 2 legs and learned about jeans 2 years ago....

With that said, I have in fact handled alot of stuff... i have nearly all of the jeans that's available through BEARS and Hinoya, which were bought on my trips to japan (so that's most of the brands that's discussed here on sufu?)

The only thing i haven't handled is Steam loco, evisu no.0/1 and heaps of other unknown brands in japan...

Check the "how many pairs do you own" thread to see some of my collection 4-5 month ago...

I'll catch up to edmond one day hopefully.... (after i graduate from medschool)

Yeah, I'm feeling that these may end up closer to my WH660s once broken in. It's interesting how denim reveals itself over time. I guess if loom-state factory stats were all we needed to know, this forum wouldn't need to exist to recount personal experience.

Question for anyone who has the 1108s unhemmed and worn a lot:

what is the eventual inseam you guys are getting after multiple washes and full shrink/wear?

I'm still wondering if I should hem. The hard-wash 1108s Gordon has are ~31" inseam in my size, but he can't really figure out how they shrunk that much, since we all seem to have ~33" after washings.

they mock the idea of someone using the dryer and machine hot wash allt he time for that specific jean so from my experience they will keep on shrinking and shrinking

Check the "how many pairs do you own" thread to see some of my collection 4-5 month ago...

I'll catch up to edmond one day hopefully.... (after i graduate from medschool)

Sounds like an awesome collection!

they mock the idea of someone using the dryer and machine hot wash allt he time for that specific jean so from my experience they will keep on shrinking and shrinking

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

How much did those bring?

Jus' curious...

• 1 month later...