Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

I've been looking to order a pair of the 1922 repros. Seem to be everything I want, thickish (at least thicker than regular LVC repro denim of the same period) denim, all the vintage bells and whistles... Anyway, did anyone here get a pair last year? How's the sizing? I think I can get a one-wash off Rakuten, should I go 33 like I wear in everything else or maybe 32 like my 1108s (which measures 33 according to BiG method)?

Edited by nemoulette

Thanks chaps! i love these jeans the cut and denim are spot on, I also love the tough goatskin patch. I gave them a hot soak upon arrival and they shrunk a fair bit but have stretched back to where i like em.

No hot washes for these as i think there is still shrink left in there. I take a 32 in virtually everything and these are a 32. 

lovely, thick, hairy, slightly shiny xx denim.

Edited by kimi

So, anyone else been taking interest in Fullcount's upcoming 0501 model? I think Aho is onto it already, but these are Wild Cotton in a 0105 cut with custom details as designed by Koichi of the With or Without Denim blog. 

http://withorwithoutdenim.blogspot.hk/

I can't get past the exposed selvedge coin pocket but they are an interesting model. Limited to 50 pairs and due out in November. 

So, anyone else been taking interest in Fullcount's upcoming 0501 model? I think Aho is onto it already, but these are Wild Cotton in a 0105 cut with custom details as designed by Koichi of the With or Without Denim blog.

Please forgive my ignorance, but who is he? Been following him on Instagram for a while and he's been taking photos of these non stop.

I can't get past the exposed selvedge coin pocket but they are an interesting model. Limited to 50 pairs and due out in November. 

Hodge-podge of details (the exposed selvage being the worst of the bunch), done for no reason other than to put them on a jean. This is an example of a collaboration done wrong.   :(  

Well, as long as we're pleading ignorance, I'll join in. What is wild cotton - uncultivated? And what's it like - sounds interesting without the bells and whistles of the collab. Looked through the Blue in Green site but did not find a Fullcount model claiming it. thanks

not too sure if the cotton is actually "wild" or just unbleached but either way it is a really nice denim 

the 13.6oz denim feels slightly thinner than the standard 13.7oz denim , not that .1oz makes a difference :) the texture is more uniform but still feels slightly rough compared to the 13.7oz denim 

the colour is quite strange , really nice dark blue but you can see the brown tint from the weft and that makes it look slightly red cast 

hard to capture the true colour but ..... these fit pics captured it the best i can 

PHOTO_20130506_143441_zpsb7f268b9.jpg

PHOTO_20130506_143518_zps4b14002d.jpg

PHOTO_20130506_143555_zpse2e9a1ce.jpg

20130504_143323_zpsba450590.jpg

im of the same opinion as most about the exposed selvedge , less is more :)

iirc i think i seen the standard 0105 cut with the wild cotton denim .... but i could be making it up ??

^sorry, been running around and didn't get a chance to respond!

I didn't read through all of Koichi's blog posts yet but I've been inclined to think he's an employee for FC based on his instagram posts. I'll try to confirm this. From what I skimmed through though, he one day asked Tsujita if the WWII Wild Cotton Model was sold out, Tsujita responds "it's sold out but theres still some fabric left (enough for about 45-50 pairs), do you want to try making jeans"...

Regarding the WWII WC model, it was made in the 0105 and 1108 cuts. I was told that they're making a WC 0105, but I'm wondering if it's a different denim or if this was what they meant they were making all along? Regarding the details, they aren't to my preference either, however due to the limited nature of this run, it's only available at their main store anyways (and over the phone if you can't make it in person).

Let me know if there are any other questions I can shed some light on!

You have the 1100-13-05 but I think I've seen them in the standard detailed 0105

Have you put any wear in the 1100's mate ? Can't wait to see how the denim fades but I haven't even put 1days worth of wear in mine :(

Well that's about the same wear as me. I'm trying to decide which to wear next at the moment. Thinking either these or my LVC1978. It's a tough life

Outside of the exposed selvedge, I don't think they're that bad.  The pocket bags are out there, but I think they actually used that same fabric on a prior wwII model.  It's kind of a cool fabric.

The exposed coin pocket selvage is the only detail is dislike on any jean.  The rest of the details, when taken on their own, aren't bad.  When they're all assembled together on this jean though, it just feels sorta random, amateurish, and gimmicky.  Like they weren't done for function or stylistic reasons, or to compliment each other, or the cut.  Just "Here's some shit I like that I've seen on four other pairs of jeans, lets throw them all together on one".   

Yep, agreed. It looks a bit like they scrounged through the leftovers drawer at Fullcount HQ and found some WWII donut buttons, the camo material from the 20th anniversary 1101XX (which I really liked) and the remaining Wild Cotton denim. Would have been nicer just to see the WC denim used on a 0105 cut without all the extra jazz. Still, interesting model like I said.

Can't go digging for info at the moment, but wasn't there a lot 501 from FC before? Might even be in early pages of this thread.