Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

1108's arrived today. Did a quick fit, and I think these will require work to some break in post soak, but if Im careful it should work. I need reassurance that this denim stretches tho. As is, the waist has about an inch of room, and the thighs are ok, but could be problematic if they shrink down too much. The top block feels a bit snugger than I am used to but its not uncomfortable. Maybe Ill just wear them in the shower and let them dry on me, LOL

Oh, and that new denim smell and feel is a narcotic

ok, so just got these out of a cold water bath. Let them drip a bit and then rolled them in a towel and stomped on them to get the excess water out. Now Im wearing them. The waist surprisingly didnt shrink much. Maybe thats because I put them on right out of the water. The top block/crotch/top thigh area are the snuggest at this point. Obviously they are still damp so they are way clingy now. If it shrinks any more, im out of luck. As is, and hopefully a tad bit of stretch, along with they usual softening of the denim that happens over time and wears will make these jeans a nice slim straight fit. That said, the denim was rather grey and flat when I got them pre soak. Post soak the denim came to life. The only other denim that I have seen transform so drastically is the stuff Roy Slaper uses on his RS/N 04's. Its almost like a 2-D to 3-D transformation. the denim plumped up and has a nice loose/rough texture thats awesome. Cant wait to get some wear into these. I just cant forget that if these see any hot water im screwed. Ill up some fit pics once they are completely dry and and there is some decent light out.

Edited by garden gnomes in space

^nothing wrong with one wash jeans, and no need to soak them once they arrive. they should be ready to wear right away! some purists prefer to control the washing process so they have more control in shrinkage, etc. as well as the element of doing everything on your own. some also get scared that a lot of the indigo gets washed out if done by the manufacturer. personally, I don't have problems with one wash and almost prefer it as it gets a majority of the shrinkage out and can yield some good roping/crinkles straight off the bat. in the long run, they will fade beautifully no matter what (esp. fullcount denim) and the difference will be negligible...

right on. Im just being paranoid about the 1 size down, as I never really do that. I think Im gonna cold soak them just to be safe and go from there.

Sizing down on the 1108's is pretty painful. I don't know how much sizing fluctuates from lot to lot, but the 15th anniversary pair has the slimmest top block and thighs of all of my jeans, which are all the same tagged size. The previous owner supposedly soaked them (although unworn), but they still feel raw making me apprehensive of soaking them...

Good luck with those and hopefully they'll stretch enough for you.

I think Im gonna be ok. They have dried up for the most part and are no longer clingy. and while the thighs are a bit snugger than anything else I have, I can still pinch about an inch (slightly less) of fabric at the tightest point. With some wear these are gonna be dope. They already feel pretty amazing.

should I have any qualms about buying the 1109XX in the washed version?

i see most here bought raw and soaked on their own,

the fullcount-online shop only has my size in one wash not raw, will they need a soak anyways? or should they be alright to just wear as soon as I get them?

try this shop, they have all sizes available

http://www.and-japan.com/FULL-COUNT-b-271/FULL-COUNT-DENIM-1109XX--NARROW-STRAIGHT-HEAVY-OZ-p-9774.html

First day wearing the 1108's and im pumped! I was a bit apprehensive last night thinking they were gonna be too snug in the thighs, but once they dried, they came on just fine. I woud say the fit is spot on. Also spot on is everyone's advise about the waist stretching. It does, and faster than any denim I have experienced. These are the perfect slim straight fit. Not to tight, but def. respects the natural silhouette of my body. And damn, they are comfortable. Great cut, great details. Glad I copped and joined the FC fam.

IMG_1179_zps912a5574.jpg

hey, thanks for your fast response guys! :-) i purchased a ´1109´ at big in december during my nyc-holidays and i´m totally impressed of it so i decided to order a ´1108´ from "and-japan.com" now. are there ay additional costs like taxes etc, when fedex delivers it?

taxes may occur but this has only to do with Germany and is nothing and-japan can influence.

Thing is, Fedex will deal with the custom office if necessary. So far I had luck the 3 times I ordered from and-japan.

If I were you, I would go for the 1108xx just to have a different denim

has anyone here experience with "and-japan" store? i´m from germany and i´m interested in doing an order in the next couple of days. thanks in advance for some feedback!

I got mine from and-japan based on recommendations by Flash and Beautiful Freak. Very easy transaction. Ordered on Sunday, had the jeans on thursday. Paid via Paypal through their site. Couldnt have been easier or better.

Good question. I can't :D

Not sure if it is a collab (like Fullcounts does with Bears every now and then) or if it just a special relase. Maybe 10th anniversay? I think I read something about 2002 in the first report of the jeans and Fullcount was founded 1992 (hence the 20th anniversary last year :D ).

edit: do it! what's holding you away? :)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Not much actually :) i first wanted a pair for the HeavyWeight Champ but I feel like these fullcount are calling me !!!

One question tho, which one should i get !? any big difference between the 13ish oz and the 15,5oz !? heavier is supose to fade faster !? raw ? one wash ?

Edited by BukkakeKing