What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

That shit is not original or inspiring at all. Knee socks don't even look good with a dress that length imo. At least not clear, boring ones. Maybe if they were stripped or something it might be worth commenting on.

Hey lindt, I guess it was worth commenting on, since you did... you know, comment on it.

fuchimama, i dig the outfit and the esp stance :)

Guest Fade to Black

thanks, fuuma and cult.

raf simons black wool hoodie

yohji yamamoto black l/s t-shirt

dior homme votc orange overdyes

black helmut lang boots

no pic today....

yeah they still sell them at urban. its ok though because i know who ian curtis was.

and besides mine was hand screened in new zealand.

fresh to death hap, jw, cmf and chicken.

thanks cult (and tip). btw, is that (hand screen printed) why i've seen some of them with type and the ones you and tg wore don't? i like it so much better without. nice fit.

thanks cult (and tip). btw, is that (hand screen printed) why i've seen some of them with type and the ones you and tg wore don't? i like it so much better without. nice fit.

the image, as you may already know, was the artwork for joy division's unknown pleasures album.

it actually came from a astromomy textbook that jd guitar player bernard summer had. its a graphic plot representing electromagnetic radio emmisions from a distant star PSR 1919+21. peter saville translated the image to the album artwork. i had read that originally the band never made t-shirts so in fact any shirt with that image was a bootleg.

there have been tons of variations. there was one with mickey heads instead of peaks that was pretty cool a while back. not sure who made it tho.

well, I wasn't that familiar with japanese streetwear a year ago so I wouldn't know.. the shirt I made is just something I thought would look cool so I decided to do it, not trying to impress anyone with being ridicilously new and fresh, just something I like.

oh i'm not ragging on your style. i like it and the fact that you went out of your way to make your own shirt is even better than going out and buying one. just commenting on everyone jumping on the bandwagon a year after the fact (and by all means if you still like it, rock it)- but this strikes me as odd since supergays are usually on top of the trends....

the homecoming dance for my old school

2jc6bl5.jpg

im on the far left in the black and red.

Tie: Yves St. Laurent.

Jacket: Berlington Coat factory little kids section

Shirt: h/m

belt: h/m

Pants: h/m

Boots: (hard to see) garage sale cowboy boots

i last summer i never got around to getting a decent pair of black dress shoes but i did get these awesome cowboy boots that i love and unless youre looking at them up close they look like a badass pair of dress shoes from far away so fuck it i love em.

the image, as you may already know, was the artwork for joy division's unknown pleasures album.

it actually came from a astromomy textbook that jd guitar player bernard summer had. its a graphic plot representing electromagnetic radio emmisions from a distant star PSR 1919+21. peter saville translated the image to the album artwork. i had read that originally the band never made t-shirts so in fact any shirt with that image was a bootleg.

there have been tons of variations. there was one with mickey heads instead of peaks that was pretty cool a while back. not sure who made it tho.

the original was a bootleg, and the band never saw any money from it. Doubt saville got anything too... So i dunno where that leaves all the "bootleg" tees. If I stopped buying clothes and crap I could buy a digital camera, anyhow........ Osiris, Howies Selvedge ( which ive noticed have chainstitch everywhere, do the new ones? ) next slim T, gap cardy.

the homecoming dance for my old school

2jc6bl5.jpg

im on the far left in the black and red.

Tie: Yves St. Laurent.

Jacket: Berlington Coat factory little kids section

Shirt: h/m

belt: h/m

Pants: h/m

Boots: (hard to see) garage sale cowboy boots

i last summer i never got around to getting a decent pair of black dress shoes but i did get these awesome cowboy boots that i love and unless youre looking at them up close they look like a badass pair of dress shoes from far away so fuck it i love em.

the middle girl looks like gwen stefani, you guys look like you're from panic at the disco. Is black on black really big for younger kids now? when i was your age i would never had done black pants with a black shirt, i don't do it now...too much funeral for me..

the middle girl looks like gwen stefani, you guys look like you're from panic at the disco. Is black on black really big for younger kids now? when i was your age i would never had done black pants with a black shirt, i don't do it now...too much funeral for me..

I think you missed the whole Green Day thing where Billie Joe inspired billions of highschoolers to wear Black/Black/Red

I was wondering about the same.. I'm all for a black suit, but that with a black shirt and a colorful tie, it really does scream semi-pop punk x emo x misunderstood teenager x borrow your sisters mascara x weird music x panic at the disco x scream at your parents x lock into your room x billy joe -crap :P

I'm of course exagerating since you dont have the mascara and the dorky face covering wet-look hair etc, but anyways :rolleyes:

i wear all black because i like the slim silhouette and its nto going to look bad

because its all black its a safety measure

all homecoming outfits have a standard now

black everything with a tie to match the shoes of your date

i dont think it really has much to do with greenday or mass media hot topication or panic at the disco or any of those talk rock bands. its really just a simple and safe way to blend in during a homecoming dance. and i dont think that it really reflects the general style of the average highschooler which is currently divided between the popped collar polos from ae and and the hardcore woman pants emo kids who are now all painfully infertile due to too much pressure on their balls.

but yeah lol i can see how you think it looks like a funeral.

our dates look colorful so its all good.

sorry for going off topic

continue with the pictures.

We should give Corbin Law some slack. After all, he's in high school, and there's no point commenting on how high school kids dress.

Sadly, lots of older men still dress this way, like they took style cues from Hot Topic X bad TV serials from the 70s

American Idiot. Ironic song.

i wasn't ever intending to give corbin some slack, i was just curious as to if a lot of kids dress to formals in that fashion nowadays

Good info.

However, I would debate calling them punk. Post punk, yes. Punk emphasized anger and energy. JD was about atmosphere, aura, and expression. And synths were verboten in punk bands.

However, I would debate calling them punk. Post punk, yes. Punk emphasized anger and energy. JD was about atmosphere, aura, and expression. And synths were verboten in punk bands.
Interesting discussion but please take it to a different thread.