What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Designer stuff... BAD FIT. Look at the size of that Jacket! And those Trousers..

Sorry Man, not doing it for me. you could have looked better in H&M

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree (unless you' care to give me more explanation). I'm not sure exactly how the fit looks in the pic compared with real life but as for the jacket - the shoulder seams are right on where they need to be, not even 1 cm beyond my natural shoulder line. As for the pants, I need no belt or suspenders as they were tailored for my waist. The inseam may be 0.5" to 1" too long as I opted for a bit more break than conventional, they are definitely loose or wide leg but I assure you there is not like 3" of extra material hanging down at the crotch. Anyways I'm taking this too seriously so I'll stop (but saying H&M would be better is just naive).

I'd like to hear comments from others, sry to shit up this thread, (mods feel free to move this to chat ed.)

*swoon*

Where? When? How?

Want want want.

thanks for all the rep! the shoes are from a place called magic shoes in the nyu "real authentic bohemian jazz club" district. they have deadstock shoes from the 70's and 80's for around $15-40 but only in really limited sizes so you have to have really tiny feet or be really lucky. they're perpetually "going out of business" but this time i think it's for real. lots of nice old vans and keds for girls in tiny sizes, so if you know anybody that fits that description (like 6 and smaller), point 'em there.

^Welcome to the Future!

Don't worry about the photos, you'll be fine.

Some people seem to do waywt for a living...

thanks :) it seems some have even their own private photographer!

img8083edit1tp6.jpg

Oakley

Vintage Vision Streetwear

Mhi

Adidas

Puma x Yo MTV Raps

whoa.thats nu rave.i think i'm blind.(or i wish i was..)

whoa.thats nu rave.i think i'm blind.(or i wish i was..)

Are you kidding me? That isn't "nu rave" it's just "rave." Dude looks like he's going to at an impromptu Altern8 performance, and THAT IS COOL.

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree (unless you' care to give me more explanation). I'm not sure exactly how the fit looks in the pic compared with real life but as for the jacket - the shoulder seams are right on where they need to be, not even 1 cm beyond my natural shoulder line. As for the pants, I need no belt or suspenders as they were tailored for my waist. The inseam may be 0.5" to 1" too long as I opted for a bit more break than conventional, they are definitely loose or wide leg but I assure you there is not like 3" of extra material hanging down at the crotch. Anyways I'm taking this too seriously so I'll stop (but saying H&M would be better is just naive).

I'd like to hear comments from others, sry to shit up this thread, (mods feel free to move this to chat ed.)

I think overall everything is just one size too big; or in need of tailoring. This isn't your fault mind you. The typical American Youth is brought up on old Brooks Brothers style sack suits that are boxy, roomy, and generally ill fitting to accomodate growth with age, and American "physiques". The shoulders in your jacket look fine; the waist needs to be nipped in; and the sleeves shortened considerably. The pants need shortening for sure. I find that the wider the pant, the more important length is. If these fell just at the top of your shoes (which are rather nice), you would maintain the wide-leg silouette of the pant. Allowing that much break just makes them look too big. The good news is that for under $100 you can turn this tux into something phenomenal...now to find that tailor...

Anyhow...

Last night to a dinner party

Vintage. Dior. Okinawas. Chukka's

IMG_0648.jpg

Today:

Vintage. Scotch and Soda. Okinawas. Danner

IMG_0649.jpg

^^ thanks, that was what I was looking for, if there is one thing I absolutely agree with, it is that the sleeves and jacket length is too long. However it would be difficult to alter the sleeve length as there are working button holes at the end and I hesitate taking it in up at the shoulder seams as I never had it done that way and I'm unsure of how it'll turn out. Lastly if you note there is some specific detailing at the side of the jacket making taking it in there near impossible. However I did have my tailor take it in from the back and perhaps the next time I wear it I will have a frontal pic to better show the silhouette. I will def. consider shortening the pants or wearing them a bit higher. muchos gracias

Bill, nice as always, I like the hat (surprise..). Are the Danners the boots you posted in the shoes thread? or was that something else?

Yeah, I saw your hat posted earlier and laughed. . . No, these Danners haven't been posted before. Just found them yesterday thrifting. The crepe sole is about 99% worn down, but they were a steal at $40. I'll post pics in Shoes that look better with age, when I get a chance after work.

kix, sid, hap, biz -- long overdue and belated "nice fits" from the last month or so.

512957461_5e01cf47f4.jpg

512923860_e310c0a2c1.jpg

Polio is such a breath of fresh air on this board. Great shoes!

The jacket sleeves are a bit long, from what I can see, and I would personally bring the inseam up a bit. Other than that it looks great, not sure where that overblown criticism came from (lol h&m)

I hesitate taking it in up at the shoulder seams as I never had it done that way and I'm unsure of how it'll turn out.

I have had this done several times without problems and a competent tailor can do this quite readily. Somewhat spendy($50-$80) but worth the cost. Too long sleeves (I see a lot of sleeves in need of tailoring in waywt) pretty much ruin a otherwise good silhouette.