THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I'm about 6'1 or 6'2 around 170 pounds.

Waist is about a 32. i'm wearing 29 apc rescues and they are one size too loose.

Trying to go with somethign slimmer. i want more of a tapered leg but the thighs feel alright. i've bene looking at some samurais

i think either s0500 or 710xx.

which one and what size?

i'm thinking either a size 30 or 31.

i think the s0500 would be awesome. my next pair after

Looking for some nice tapered leg [7.5" leg opening max. but preferably smaller] black jeans. I think the fit of my 5010xx is great [the black one looks good too, but I want to try another brand] and I know the SEXIH03BK would be the most obvious choise, but I think those are too expansive and I don't like the fact the backpockets are placed that far from eachother. What do you guys recommend?

I have promised myself not to buy any more slim denim for a while. That's the first requirement. What's pissing me off is the Sam 710BK's are right around the corner, but again, nothing slim! I want a regular, straight leg comfortable cut that doesn't ride too much in the crotch, mid/high rise. Also, I need a long inseam: I'm 6'7", 165 lbs, around a 32" waist. I've been thinking about the 5000VX but i could use some guidance on whether those are pretty tight. The Dry Bones Guitar Wolf and Samurai American model are also looking good.

All recommendations welcome!

How's the sheen/finish compare on these 2?

Neither of those will have any smooth or "sheen finish", different beasts from the dior denim, especially the pbjs. they slubby and stiff as hell.

okay....

samurai s710 or oni blue (possibly with old arcs)

I have in my current rotation:

samurai s0500

sugarcane okinawa

samurai s5000bk

sufu660

I like the idea of the slubby onis but should I resist the irresistable draw of sammies?

onis, need some more slubbiness to your already sweet collection. plus already have 2 sammys...

I have promised myself not to buy any more slim denim for a while. That's the first requirement. What's pissing me off is the Sam 710BK's are right around the corner, but again, nothing slim! I want a regular, straight leg comfortable cut that doesn't ride too much in the crotch, mid/high rise. Also, I need a long inseam: I'm 6'7", 165 lbs, around a 32" waist. I've been thinking about the 5000VX but i could use some guidance on whether those are pretty tight. The Dry Bones Guitar Wolf and Samurai American model are also looking good.

All recommendations welcome!

the sammy 5000's won't be tight at all if you don't downsize.

if you like slubby textured denim, could check out pbj xx-003s or oni blue/red (forgot which 1 were the more relaxed fits)

and since you're pretty tall and like a higher rise...might check out some imperial dukes, true to size or up 1 size for a less slim fit.

Neither of those will have any smooth or "sheen finish", different beasts from the dior denim, especially the pbjs. they slubby and stiff as hell.

onis, need some more slubbiness to your already sweet collection. plus already have 2 sammys...

the sammy 5000's won't be tight at all if you don't downsize.

if you like slubby textured denim, could check out pbj xx-003s or oni blue/red (forgot which 1 were the more relaxed fits)

and since you're pretty tall and like a higher rise...might check out some imperial dukes, true to size or up 1 size for a less slim fit.

Thank you! I've also been eyeing these:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2688&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Anyone owned a pair?

Wearing 811's in 33" and APC NS in 30", true waist of 32. Previously i was going to opt for Samurai S5000VX, but i realized the the 0500XX is a good choice too, so:

S5000VX - sized down

-or-

S0500XX - sized down? true to size? (im not sure)

also, does anyone know any about the 2nd S5000VX with S0500XX denim?

Wearing 811's in 33" and APC NS in 30", true waist of 32. Previously i was going to opt for Samurai S5000VX, but i realized the the 0500XX is a good choice too, so:

S5000VX - sized down

-or-

S0500XX - sized down? true to size? (im not sure)

also, does anyone know any about the 2nd S5000VX with S0500XX denim?

0500 will be a bit slimmer than 5000. so really its up to the fit. if you like more slimmer - size down 1 on 0500.

uhhhh i like the second one personally...not sure y. lol

which of these two sweaters:

hickey style

AA

http://i.americanapparel.net/storefront/images/detail/serve.asp?media=5454_HeatherGrey.jpg

the hickey is about $10 more....which of those two, other suggestions welcome...thanks!

The one from AA is really short and the neck is far too wide. It's really nice for layering though. Allthough, if the 1st one is $10 more than the one from AA, I'd take the first. I would never pay the full price on the one from AA anyways.

I really want to get a pair of skinny/slim black coated jeans. Now, I really don't like the fit of those Nudie Thin Finn Black Coated (i.e. low backpockets and yoke), allthough I like the idea of a pair of dry coated jeans. What are my other options? I can't think of any other brand that makes a pair of those?

Dior. PM thegrapist

Thanks for the input, but I have 3 pairs of the 19cm cut already and I'm kind of bored with it. You were talking about the black sharp notations, right? I'm not sure, but are those dry, I thought it was just a finish? I'm more looking for a cheaper alternative ~$200.

The sharp notations were raws that then had a treatment on them. I'm not sure what other waxed jeans there are for 200. Maybe cheap monday has some?

ok. i recently picked up a pair of Oni Blue's and absolutely love the fit. Now, I'm looking for another pair to basically alternate with since i've sold off most of my denim in the past couple months.

I want somethign with similar fit to Oni Blue (slim straight-ish)

the options i've been considering:

Eternal 811

SDA 103

Samurai s5000VX or s5000BK (had a pair that i felt was a bit too baggy on me...so sold but i'm regretting it)

Samurai s0500xx

I'm leaning towards s5000BK just so I can have a pair of black denim but any input will help!

What jean has a fit like the APC rescue but with a normal yoke (not lowered like on the rescue)? I like the straight leg of the rescue otherwise i would go with the NS, and I still may, I just think tapered legs might look funny on me being 6'5" 200. I could do with a little tighter overall than the rescue, but not baggier. Oh ya and the inseam needs to be 35" after shrinking. I've heard the Somet 003 might be what Im after but they are 300 bones :confused: .

I really want to get a pair of skinny/slim black coated jeans. Now, I really don't like the fit of those Nudie Thin Finn Black Coated (i.e. low backpockets and yoke), allthough I like the idea of a pair of dry coated jeans. What are my other options? I can't think of any other brand that makes a pair of those?

http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/kicking_mule/1980_black.php

closer to 300 than 200 though =[

How does the fit compare between: Oni Blues, Sam 710s, Skull 5010 6x6, and APC NS?

I already have the NS and am trying to decide between the other 3 as my next pair. If it helps, I'm 6'2" 165lbs.

Any help whatsoever is much appreciated!

66501 or 47501? both unwash 0117

66 is lower rise, legs slightly tapered, snugger round the bum, each is slim as the other (depending on waist size). 1966 has bigger pockets, and a shallow arcuate - which is striking these days. Other detailing is perhaps nicer on the '47. Pics etc on the 501 thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

66 is lower rise, legs slightly tapered, snugger round the bum, each is slim as the other (depending on waist size). 1966 has bigger pockets, and a shallow arcuate - which is striking these days. Other detailing is perhaps nicer on the '47. Pics etc on the 501 thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010

if 47 is my finial choice, is it good to size down? i usually wear a 32, 31" what waist size should i buy? im rather short too, 169cm only. on my normal 501 W32,L32.. its still too long for me, should i get 47501 L32 or L34?

i know the strink a bit but i dont not want to alter the length after i bought it,(usually they do a shit job on the finishing.)

thanks