THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

currently i wear a size 33 in imperial dukes. i'm a size 34.5-35 waist and i'm looking to get a new pair of jeans with a smaller leg opening. the dukes thighs were a little bit of a stretch but weren't bad after a while. i'm considering a pair of 710s but i don't know if i'll want to sweat through 'em all summer. i'm also considering somet 008s and skull 5010s... for a 34 waist what would you guys recommend on sizing for those three/which pair should i go with? i'm 6'3 170lbs.

currently i wear a size 33 in imperial dukes. i'm a size 34.5-35 waist and i'm looking to get a new pair of jeans with a smaller leg opening. the dukes thighs were a little bit of a stretch but weren't bad after a while. i'm considering a pair of 710s but i don't know if i'll want to sweat through 'em all summer. i'm also considering somet 008s and skull 5010s... for a 34 waist what would you guys recommend on sizing for those three/which pair should i go with? i'm 6'3 170lbs.

I went down one size on most of my Sam's from what I wore in dukes...but I'm surprised you fit in a 33 if you're a 34/35. I was pretty much true to size. What's the current waist measurement on the dukes?

I went down one size on most of my Sam's from what I wore in dukes...but I'm surprised you fit in a 33 if you're a 34/35. I was pretty much true to size. What's the current waist measurement on the dukes?

about 34.25 after a hot soak. i'm pretty bummed out about them, though. after the hot soak they're too short post hem. hence my current jean purchasing dilemma.

need my next pair of denimzzz.

i have f310's and imperial dukes. would like something comparable, but not exactly similar to, the f310's.

so, samurai s710xx, s0500x (if still available)

dj-501xx heavy, or horse riders

skulls 5010 ?

or something else....?

NEED YOUR HELP!

about 34.25 after a hot soak. i'm pretty bummed out about them, though. after the hot soak they're too short post hem. hence my current jean purchasing dilemma.

That's happened to me a few times too. My dukes were black, so maybe that's why they didn't stretch so much(?) I'd go for a 33 in Sam's...maybe a 32 if you want theym very slim. I would, however, post your quesiton in the Sam thread so all the current sizing gurus can input.

any particular reason? I saw someones samurai s5000bk and the fade was incredible. I havent seen a pair of worn 4001BK's.

I'd go with the Sam's.

Sugar Cane SC40601 Slack Denim

or

PBJ XX-003

If the SC40601s are the new 13oz slow-weave whatever denim, get those. That is the coolest denim I have ever seen. They're a nice cut too, much less repro-ey (shut up, that's a word) than their older ones, really awesome. I dunno how they'll fade, but the denim is too cool to skip. Seriously, I spent half an hour drunkenly rubbing up against them on the rack after they started trying to kick us out of Self Edge.

If the 40601s are something else, then get the PBJs.

I am currently wearing Eternal 811's (33) and occasionally my APC NS (30). Should I get:

Sam S5000VX - sized down 1 or...

SDA-103 or...

another recommendation?

Personally like the low yoke on the S5000VX. Makes your ass look better. Plus if you want to get quicker fading, the Sams is the way to go. Although it depends on what you're looking for. SD-103 at your waist size is gonna be a much skinnier fit than a sized down S5000VX at regular fit.

actual waist measures between 30 and 31

Samurai s5000VX in sz 28 or 29

or

Oni blue in sz 28 or 29

looking for a more slim/straight fit.

In the sam's, I would go for the 29. Although some swear by sizing down 2, I sized down 1 from 30 to 29 and have been happy with that decision. I'd only go for a 28 if you want them very, very slim, in which case they're probably not the right model for you anyway.

I'm not wise in the ways of the oni.

If the SC40601s are the new 13oz slow-weave whatever denim, get those. That is the coolest denim I have ever seen. They're a nice cut too, much less repro-ey (shut up, that's a word) than their older ones, really awesome. I dunno how they'll fade, but the denim is too cool to skip. Seriously, I spent half an hour drunkenly rubbing up against them on the rack after they started trying to kick us out of Self Edge.

If the 40601s are something else, then get the PBJs.

+rep for the most well-worded and well-reasoned This or That suggestion that I have read. I also agree wholeheartedly in regards to the recommendation...the slack-weave is incredible.

In the sam's, I would go for the 29. Although some swear by sizing down 2, I sized down 1 from 30 to 29 and have been happy with that decision. I'd only go for a 28 if you want them very, very slim, in which case they're probably not the right model for you anyway.

I'm not wise in the ways of the oni.

Hmm...yeah i was thinking of going with 29 cuz if i get 28, i might as well go with s710 i guess...now i need to decide between sammies and onis...

thanks for the help +rep

Looking for a more "authentic" pair of japanese denim. I've been working on a pair of Sz30 Dior MIJ 19cm since the end of last summer and love the fit of them. I started out w/ APC NC some time before that, but prefer the Diors overall. Any make/model/size suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Self Edge x Imperial Collaboration, Sz 30. You get your Dior fit, and better quality pair of jeans.

Looking for a more "authentic" pair of japanese denim. I've been working on a pair of Sz30 Dior MIJ 19cm since the end of last summer and love the fit of them. I started out w/ APC NC some time before that, but prefer the Diors overall. Any make/model/size suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Self Edge x Imperial Collaboration, Sz 30. You get your Dior fit, and better quality pair of jeans.