THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Which is slimmer flathead 3001 or samurai s710xx? What flatheads or any jeans are comparable to s710xx?

FH 3001 is slimmer in the thigh, but is cut straight from the knee down. s710 is has a bit more room in the thigh, but is tapered so it's slimmer below the knee.

These are similar to 710:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/fh-3009

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/fh-f380

(i think those are the same cut/different series)

oh, ok.

I thought the quality of one is better than the other.

I want to know which type of denim is better quality and which company is worth getting into. I find denim making interesting and I don't want to pay alot for a pair of jeans that aren't noteworthy.

So far I picked up a pair of nudies Average joes and I like them alot better than my seven jeans. I paid the nudies for the same price but these nudies feel so sturdy, like armor. Not soft and flimsy. My first pair of 14.oz jeans and i really love it.

^ hey, im not going to doubt you denim expert if you say nudies & apc are shit.

but if you want to sound credible, at least give me reasons why they're not as good as compared to say samurais, flat heads, iron hearts, etc. Otherwise i would think people buy samurais because other people buy it and it's more expensive than nudies & apC so that justifies theyre a better quality? in whichever case, it's not the reason for me to pick up anything >$150.

are the cottons better or something? or what makes samurai superior?

^ hey, im not going to doubt you denim expert if you say nudies & apc are shit.

but if you want to sound credible, at least give me reasons why they're not as good as compared to say samurais, flat heads, iron hearts, etc. Otherwise i would think people buy samurais because other people buy it and it's more expensive than nudies & apC so that justifies theyre a better quality? in whichever case, it's not the reason for me to pick up anything >$150.

are the cottons better or something? or what makes samurai superior?

Hi mr. Invicible, I also just got into dry denim 5-6 months ago and I already read hundred thousands of posts in mynudies and sufu forum.

If you want to hear reason why japanese brands like Samurai, SDA, Eternal, Flatheads, Ironhearts, PBJ, etc (u name it) are better than APC and Nudie.

First factor is that their quality is more durable and they have better construction. The most important thing is the dying process.

For Japanese brands, you can wash your jeans monthly or even weekly without losing much of indigo, and you can still get a good fades.

Try to wash your nudies/APC monthly or even weekly, they will lose A LOT of indigo for each wash. It is almost impossible to get a good fade with nudies/apc washed frequently.

That's only my knowledge coz I just got into dry denim 4 months ago. Hope it helps a bit.

^ yea, that's a lot of help. I appreciate it because I'm having a hard time finding answers here since theres too many pros here.

i just don't how people know it's made of better construction. Are there people in the denim game actually worked or have seen the on-hand construction?

do the japanese denim brand use better cotton?

i know sugarcanes use suger cane fibers which I find very unique. Don't mind paying for their price tag.

but because I just started, I wanted to start something median, because I don't know how to handle denim or the techniques to get a proper fade, and so forth.

and i just got suggestions to get apc or nudies.

im still researching more and more on the qualities of a japanese brands.

Fuck yes!, if you think you can pull them off, and if they're your size and stay around that price!

...but because I just started, I wanted to start something median, because I don't know how to handle denim or the techniques to get a proper fade, and so forth.

and i just got suggestions to get apc or nudies. ...

Here's another way to look at it, don't waste your time on APC or Nudie, but start straight away with a "higher range" pair.

Also don't be result orientated, just wear them, wash them, love them and let them be...

Looking for 2 jeans; one black, one indigo.

Black: somet 018 [slim fit black] vs. DH19BK

Indigo: somet 008 [standard slim fit] vs. DH19 vs. RRL slim fit

Black: DH19BK

Indigo: Somet 008

Fuck yes!, if you think you can pull them off, and if they're your size and stay around that price!

Here's another way to look at it, don't waste your time on APC or Nudie, but start straight away with a "higher range" pair.

Also don't be result orientated, just wear them, wash them, love them and let them be...

that's a good advice cottonduck. I think looking at the evolution pictures, it really inspires me to produce the same result and thus, to be honest, I become"result oriented".

To purchasing a pair of "higher, superior, expensive" denim, I need facts that $200-$300 of pair jeans is really worth it. Like I want to know more how, ie samurai jeans, are made, what makes them so sought of, what kind of cotton they use, etc. I spend a lot of time on an item when it's over $200 because I want to know what justify its price . People telling me that Samurais are good, which I don't doubt, should at least give me factual evidence to support it.

I like my nudies so far. I want to purchase another pair, a japanese denim brand this time, but I don't know which one yet. I think I want something heavier than 14.oz. I'm really digging heavy jeans.

I've blown out the crotches on my rescues and uniqlo selvedge. Yes they are definitly not the best quality I understand that but both times the reason for the blow out was because I skate in them. Should I just buy cheap denim to skate in or is there something out there that will hold up even with the constant friction from skating? My rescues were starting to come in well but they blew out after 4 months. I've got beefy thighs. *sigh