THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I want to buy some grey jeans, slim, but not like april 77, cheap monday, whatever. Number (N)ines and Dauphins are nice, but I was hoping for something a little cheaper? Anything Japanese that I can get for under $200? I know there's always apcs...

Probably a few more, but Skull 5010's come to mind and fit your criteria. Not sure about the denim, but always a big fan of the slim cut/fit on these.

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BB041.html

I’m about to purchase my first pair of fitted raw denim but my second pair of raw.

I purchase a pair of The Year of Denim Basics but they are much bigger and baggier than what I normally wear. Thanks to the info on this site about how to shrink denim and starch denim. I soaked ‘em in hot water for about an hour, I made the mistake of tossing them in the dryer (died my dryer blue) but I took them out after about 40 min wore them still wet starch the hell outta them till they dried. They are much more acceptable now as they fit much better.

My dilemma now is which fitted classic/repo denim to purchase. I ‘m black and I have the larger ass and thighs to match. My waist is a size 38 but I couldn’t fit the size 38 Pumas Evisu and size 40 is hard to find was hard to find in raw.

After posting in SF I got some good info about BIG having larger sizes, I chkd out their site and gave them a call. They up dated me on what might fit me, so I measured my favorite fitted Denim and narrowed down my choices.

These are the denim I found that fit my body type.

Fullcount 1108

Oni Denim Blue

Paul Smith BIG Red Ear

PBJ XX-003

Skull

Takumi Classic Raw

Takumi Vintage Raw

I new at this and you guys are the expert so which one should I buy.

thanks

So I posted this in the small questions thread but I think it belongs better here.

I'm looking for a pair a jeans with a cut similar to the one pictured http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=979310&postcount=5544

Right now I'm considering the Flathead 4001BK/F310/3001 or the Skulls 5507xx 50-10xx. I'm open to suggestions though...

I want a Japanese brand because I just like having the idea of jeans from Japan for some reason..

[quote=blackrover;978984

I new at this and you guys are the expert so which one should I buy.

[/b]

My friend just got a pair of Oni Blues at BiG, and he's a pretty large guy. Size 40. I'll say for being unique and at a good price, I'll go with the Oni's.

Most these jeans, 'cept for the Skulls, are basically straight leg fits with tall rises.

If a size 32 (a size 31 with 1" of streching to be exact) of 511s fits me perfectly what should I be buying that's a selvedge denim equivlent? I've heard APC Rescues are pretty good bet, anything else?

My waist size is about a 32, if I want my APCs to fit the same as my 511s do I should size down two from the actual waist size or three from the tag. Correct?

what brands (aside from APC), make mid to high-rise, slim/skinny cut jeans, with a tapered hem probably between 8" and 8.5". inseam should be between 35"-37", since im a tall guy.

they don't necessarily need to be raw, but thats always fine. looking for black or grey.

low-rise is a bad look for me, and i want something that has some longevity.

can anyone assist me?

eternals 811's or studio sd 103's? I have an ass so thats the thing. Also if theyre not much different id like to know the price of eternals in japan cause ill be there this summer

I'm in the same boat you are, and SD-103s fit me way better than 811s. Both will fade well, but 103s are a bit more stubborn, if that is an issue. I think they are relatively similar in price; you could always check the Bears rakuten site to confirm this.

what brands (aside from APC), make mid to high-rise, slim/skinny cut jeans, with a tapered hem probably between 8" and 8.5". inseam should be between 35"-37", since im a tall guy.

they don't necessarily need to be raw, but thats always fine. looking for black or grey.

low-rise is a bad look for me, and i want something that has some longevity.

can anyone assist me?

Samurai s710bk would be perfect.

My friend just got a pair of Oni Blues at BiG, and he's a pretty large guy. Size 40. I'll say for being unique and at a good price, I'll go with the Oni's.

Most these jeans, 'cept for the Skulls, are basically straight leg fits with tall rises.

Thanks for the reply to everyone.

I went with the Skull 5000xx BIG graciously answered all my questions even as far to retake measurements of the Denim. I got the SuperFast next day service so I’m looking at Tuesday before 12.

1. flathead 3001 sz 30 without to much pain in the waist-area.

(sz 31 stretched out to much...)

vs.

2. Samurai s0500xx sz 28...due higher waist will work out with some stretching of the waist when wet + some pain for a day or two + not planning to wash to often. (big plus on these is the texas denim and longer inseams)

looking for a slim straight fit (maybe alittle tapered)....cannot decide

god dammit. i wish somet made the 018's in a higher rise... their measurements are exactly what im looking for except for the rise.

i'm not into the the risk of showing some butt when picking something up from the ground neither

they should make a higher-rise model...i think many people would get a pair then...