THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I really like the thigh/waist ratio of Left Field's greaser fit, but don't know what fabric i should get. I already have a pair of heavy weight slubby denim and a greencast pair and am looking to diversify my collection. Should i go classic with cone mills or go with kuroki mills fabric? Or is there an alternative slim waist/athletic thigh fit offered by another brand that I haven't yet considered? I am looking for deep indigo with a wide spectrum of fades. Thanks for any and all input.

I really like the thigh/waist ratio of Left Field's greaser fit, but don't know what fabric i should get. I already have a pair of heavy weight slubby denim and a greencast pair and am looking to diversify my collection. Should i go classic with cone mills or go with kuroki mills fabric? Or is there an alternative slim waist/athletic thigh fit offered by another brand that I haven't yet considered? I am looking for deep indigo with a wide spectrum of fades. Thanks for any and all input.

The Left Field thread has been really active over the course of the last year or so. If you haven't done so already, I'd encourage you to spend some time browsing it. I think you'll find some useful fade pics, good conversation, and folks that can give you some more insight into their wares. Moreover, you'll find plenty of people ready to endorse the quality and craftsmanship of their products.

just wondering the general opinion on high-end work boots and how well the actually hold up to work. i'm a welder by profession, at a shipyard so my boots are constantly exposed to dirty river water, falling sparks/slag, and general rough treatment. i'm quickly wearing out my pair of Thorogoods I bought 3 months ago. I'd say another 2-3 months, and they'll be headed for the trash...

So, if i invested in a pair of Vibergs (i have my eye on the Bump-Toe Contractor boots), do you guys think they'd hold up at all? or would i be wasting my money by subjecting a pair of nice boots to something they weren't really meant for?

If you're looking at any of the Viberg boots on Workboot.com, then they are very much intended to be used in genuine, tough work conditions. This is what they've built their reputation on. If you have an eye on a French calf service boot with an unstructured toe and leather sole, that's a different matter!

i was referring to the former, sugar mountain. as nice as the service boots are, they have no place in a shipyard, haha.

i'm just wondering if their lifespan will be worth the difference in price compared to the likes of Thorogood, Rocky, Red Wing, etc. work boots.

Looking for a repro-ish pair. Ooe, warehouse or sugar cane?

Highly biased, but the SC1947s aren't my favorite jeans ever for no reason.  It's the cut that I think is absolute perfection, but the denim is pretty incredible if you like Levi's style fades.  Depending on what cut/denim, jstavrin has some experience with (and a beautifully worn) pair of warehouse, and generally keeps up on Warehouse, but also knows 1947s well…maybe drop him a line.

I'm gonna buy canes but I think I might wait for the SE collab. Any idea on an approximate date on those? The pics of ooe's coming around lately are freaking too good though.

I think I bought a yellow rat jacket from that guy haha. Sweet, will do!

I'm gonna buy canes but I think I might wait for the SE collab. Any idea on an approximate date on those? The pics of ooe's coming around lately are freaking too good though.

I think I bought a yellow rat jacket from that guy haha. Sweet, will do!

No idea…I think it qualifies as an "on the horizon" sorta thing at this point.  That'll be with fiber denim though I believe, which, while being a thing unto itself, is a whole different can of worms than the 100% cotton denim from SC.  

Yeah.  That's the guy. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well my Tellason coverall jacket is too big and boxy in a size small so thinking of selling it soon. Anyways recommendations for a denim jacket that actually has some shape in smaller sizing??

Was thinking the Rogue Territory denim jacket or wait to see the 3Sixteen one that is releasing in the Fall?? MUST have pockets though. I can't buy a denim jacket without any front pockets. haha

Thanks!

The new 3s jacket is going to be very cool. If you don't feel like waiting for that though, if you could make the sz. 36 work in the SExIH22 Type III, I think you'd be pretty stoked with it. After a week of wearing my Sonny's vest, I have massive appreciation for the internal/external pocket layout on the IH type III. Additionally, the pattern on that jacket has some rad details like selvedge cuffs, which just makes everything slightly cleaner.

I'm not personally a fan of heavier weight denim for jeans, but depending on the application, I tend to favorite it for jackets...and the 20oz LHT on that jacket is going to be a very cool denim as it evolves.