SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I have some new 5EP low down boot cuts in raw, and I hot washed them once, but didn't get that much shrinkage. I then hemmed them. I was planning on putting them in the dryer,as I've heard that will get much better shrinkage. But I was just wondering, with the extra shrinkage, will it mess up the newly hemmed cuff?

the stitching around the pocket on my okinawas is coming loose. what can i do to prevent/minimize this?

Same thing happened to my skulls. This happens when you put your hands in your pockets with 100% cotton jeans. The pockets on skulls are cut really small so I'm not really surprised it happened. The only thing you can do to avoid is stop putting things in your front pockets. It's a pretty simple stitching job to do over if you're up for it though.

do the samurai s710's from big come with the dark blue arcs or are there no arcs? i know that there's no arcs in the us, but i thought i read somewhere that someone ordered from big and there were arcs, not sure though. ok thanks.

my 710's thighs are too big, it makes me look like i have a bigger build. the calf area is fine but i wouldnt mind it being slimmer. i was thinking of giving it a hot wash or soak to try and shrink the jeans. they gone through a initial soak and a couple rain soaks

what should i do?

I know there is a thread here somewhere started by a member that will do NYC pickups. Can some direct me to that thread or the member that will do pickups.

If anyone wants to volunteer to do a pickup for me at Nom De Guerre on Bleecker please PM me. I need a pair of narrow white denim jeans size 32. I'm willing to pay $65 for the pickup,

Thanks

I am thinking of buying some denim. I had a thing for straight leg polo but I want to try some selvedge.

I'm a size 32x32. What size should i buy in

Flatheads=?

Nudies=?

Cheap Monday=?

APC=?

I like straight leg but could do skinny I just don't like to much hug around the crotch. what jeans would you suggest?

I am thinking of buying some denim. I had a thing for straight leg polo but I want to try some selvedge.

Flatheads=?

Nudies=?

Cheap Monday=?

APC=?

I like straight leg but could do skinny I just don't like to much hug around the crotch. what jeans would you suggest?

APC's always size down 2, Flatheads I believe you should size up one, but there is a chart on their store website with sizes listed (http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=213)

Cheap monday and nudies are very tough to size as a lot of different models run different sizes. I would have to say just try it on in a store for these.

Flatheads=?

Nudies=?

Cheap Monday=?

APC=?

Contact Kiya at Selfedge for sizing infor on Flatheads/Nudies since they carry both. He's super helpful (just make sure you order for him if you ask him for sizing help). My suggestion is to measure the post-stretch waist on your jeans and use that for comparison, not tagged size.

I've owned a pair of Studio D'Artisan 003 for coming up on a year now, and to be honest, I sized down way too much. They have a pretty nice lap fade, but the honeycombs are all fucked up and due to sizing down the fade on the seat is intense.

They don't look bad, but they've always been snug in the thighs and waist, basically like a sized down 103. Now I'm at the point where the rivets are already ripped through the pockets and the yoke is coming unstiched due to the heavy seat wear.

Would you guys just toss them in the closet as a nice broken in pair of lefty twills (i have a pair of sorahikos that need wear) or get them fixed and keep on keepin on? mind you that they are not the most comfortable things and the grey weft probably isn't going to allow for THAT much more fading

my 710's thighs are too big, it makes me look like i have a bigger build. the calf area is fine but i wouldnt mind it being slimmer. i was thinking of giving it a hot wash or soak to try and shrink the jeans. they gone through a initial soak and a couple rain soaks

what should i do?

any suggestions?

Who would be the best proxy for a 45rpm pickup? I usually order from Parachutes, but I think he stopped his service.

You will find it difficult to find a proxy who will do a store pickup from Japan but the grapist will be able to get you them from NYC store.

any suggestions?

You have a couple of options. You can hot soak them for a few hours, while occasionally adding more hot water over time. If that still doesn't work you can put them in the dryer. If you do either I also suggest you turn your pants inside out. The dryer will cause more shrinking, but typically is said to do more harm to the jeans, so it's recommended to try the hot soak first.

(There is a very good chance this will dye the color of your dryer, but for me with my 5EP's, no indigo came off on a load of whites right after.)

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic