SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

should soak my jeans now even though i dont have good light to photograph them or shld i wait till 2morrow to photograph them???

i want to soak,, bt i want to get good photos.. what to do

depends on whichever one you want more. If i were you i would wait to get good sunlight. A few days wouldnt hurt to soak your jeans.

Soaking again- Should I soak my Imperials? I believe they are unsanfordized since the SE description says they will shrink up to 3" in the inseam, and 1" in the waist. I have also heard that the denim will become damaged if worn raw without a soak. The only problem is that these are a very tight fit, and I'm worried if I soak them, I won't be able to get them back on...

I just heard it's better for the denim if you soak first- somebody in the imperial thread posted that their honeycombs were so sharp that they wore through...

Another washing question:

I've been reading about washing and soaps in various topics, but there are some things I still don't understand. I see people wash mostly with Dr. Bronners or any other type of all organic soap. Would those soaps prefent the jeans from losing much indigo or dark color, (besides that it's better for the jeans to use a detergent without those empa-whatevers)? Like special dark detergents do? And what about special denim detergents, are they pretty much the same as an organic soap? And why do people put salt in the water when washing/soaking jeans? Is that to keep the color? Thanks and rep in advance.

Okay, this site has a billion questions and answers about when to first wash jeans. But what are people's opinions on after the first wash?

Do you switch to a monthly basis? or wait another 6 months? or just whenever you feel like it?

After the first wash they will get dirty quicker. So wash whenever you have to..Japanese guys usually wash every 4 weeks (if you wear them every day)

washing question-

is it recommand to soak your jeans in hot or cold water? what is the difference? cheers

Hot water..you'll get better shrinking results

Another washing question:

I've been reading about washing and soaps in various topics, but there are some things I still don't understand. I see people wash mostly with Dr. Bronners or any other type of all organic soap. Would those soaps prefent the jeans from losing much indigo or dark color, (besides that it's better for the jeans to use a detergent without those empa-whatevers)? Like special dark detergents do? And what about special denim detergents, are they pretty much the same as an organic soap? And why do people put salt in the water when washing/soaking jeans? Is that to keep the color? Thanks and rep in advance.

Dr. Bronners and various organic soaps are made without any bleach. So they get rid of dirt - and leave more indigo

Here are the distressed 606's:

http://www.levisstore.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2072841&cp=2068573.2068693&parentPage=family

Not sure if you were looking for raw...

ah yeah man i am lookin for raws.... those distressed are pretty ugly (thanks for your efforts though gimme

if anyone knows where to get the raws, id be much obliged

Looking for some advice on my next pair of jeans. I am liking the fit of APC New Standards (what I always wear) but possibly a slimmer leg and definitely still tapered. I've been looking into Samurai and Flat Head (F-380 and 3001). If anyone has suggestions for a good pick and sizing recommendations, I am a 31 in APC NS and the denim is fairly tight around my thigh region, so nothing too slim.

Looking for a low or mid rise, straight leg, fitted but nothing too slim (8" to 8.5" opening). I already have SD-103 and Samurai S5000. Price doesn't really matter, but something below $200 will be great. Any suggestions?

Eternal 811..once more...

Looking for some advice on my next pair of jeans. I am liking the fit of APC New Standards (what I always wear) but possibly a slimmer leg and definitely still tapered. I've been looking into Samurai and Flat Head (F-380 and 3001). If anyone has suggestions for a good pick and sizing recommendations, I am a 31 in APC NS and the denim is fairly tight around my thigh region, so nothing too slim.

Samurai S0500XX, size 32..for sure

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic