SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Guest thing4kicks86

**I have been on the boards but don't post much so if this is the wrong place mods please move.**

I've been buying APC raw English for a while now and I love the cut but now I'm on the quest for "the next denim step up." I'm a mainly wear my jeans with sneakers and like the length of APC's but didnt know what other brand you would suggest (weight). Raw only please. I love the color of the denim and the rigid feel. Thanks in advance.

This probably could have been asked in the small questions thread. That being said there's tons of possibilities and it all depends on how much you're willing to spend. You can get raw cheap from Cheap Monday, or Nudies which raw run around the cost of APCs, the Kicking Mule Workshop, Dior, or the Japanese brands which all run higher. Just looking at this site you probably could have determined some brands before making a post like this.

Originally Posted by tsunamiboy85 viewpost.gif

Just want to find out how much the Eternal 811 and PBJ xx_005 BK, both one wash, will shrink after a hot/cold soak... Or will the shrinkage be negligible?

negligible, any shrinking in the waist/length can and will stretch back out

nevermind i figured it out.

taken from BIG:

"The thickness of threads and yarns are measured in numbers, #0 being

the thickest and decreasing in size with a higher number. Therefore 6x6 indicates

this model uses #6 indigo warp threads and #6 ecru weft yarn and is heavier in

weight and darker in color than the 7x6 model which uses #7 warp threads and #6

weft yarns for a lighter weight and lighter color denim"

Not quite...

7x6 and 6x6 (I assume you mean the SKulls?) refer to the yarn gauge.

When you see 3x1, 2x1.... this refers to the type of weave.

Since I'm lazy and just not very bright, I'll give you the pic and link

31twillsm.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twill

Unlikely to be selvage. Evisu has taken a serious hit in quality and a serious bump in quantity of production. There's also the distinction between Japanese/Euro edition, the latter of which are generally much cheaper due to type of denim and manufacturing process.

my dior 19cms fit kind of tight (april 77 sort of tight) since i bought them and i'm eager to have them more stretched out and have some of that dior-skinny look with the sag. will giving them a dip in water and then wearing them until their dry give me a more natural, stretched fit?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic