SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Looking to buy a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers.

Does anyone know how the Red Wing 8111 (Iron Ranger) fits in comparison to the 875?

The only thing I could try on within a 3500km radius was the 875 in a 9.5EE, which was marginally long and too wide for my skinny feet.

I'm thinking the 875 in a 9D would have been ok - I know the last is different, but do they fit more or less the same size as the Rangers?

Thanks in advance!

Zup dudes!

I love Nudies Sharp Bengt fit. Do you guys know if there are any similar fits out there by different brands? I'd say that Sharp Bengt is pretty close to Levi´s 501 1954, but with a slightly lower rise and a bit slimmer legs.

Any suggestions?

All signs point to the Iron Ranger fitting more narrow, some would suggest almost C width. Be warned!

No personal experience, read it on the fedoralounge thread when I was thinking of getting some GT's - see here http://www.thefedora...eckman-Thoughts

Thanks mate - some good stuff in that thread. I don't think width is going to be too much of an issue because I have pretty narrow feet (they were swimming in the 9.5EE 875s).

Lengthwise is more of a concern - in the same 875s, I reckon I had 1cm or so (1/3 inch) before things started to get a little cramped.

Do the Iron Rangers run slightly longer than the 875 I wonder?

Unfortunately, ordering two sizes and sending one back with free return shipping is not an option where I live.

red wings tends to run a little more than a half size big. beckman 6" (GTs) and iron rangers are built on the same last (#8) and fit only slightly larger than their moc toe (last # 23) counterparts such as the 875 and 1907 but it's rare that people will be different sizes in those two lasts.

in regards to width-- if necessary, the boots will get significantly wider with only a few days of wear. often people who come in looking for EE widths or complaining of a hard foot to fit, are fine in the standard D width after a few days of wear. the magic of a good work boot.

Hi, i bought my first pair of raws in january they are sanforized but never initial soaked them, they are a bit wide at the foot hole and want to shrink them down a bit because i can spare the room in waist and length. Anything wrong with doing it now or should i wait some months?

thank alot

sanforized, so not much diff imo but it will shrink by a bit. prob gonna stretch again to normal size after a few wears. no harm trying anyway.

for maximum effect, get a warm soak. overdoing the temperature will result in lots of indigo lost.

sanforized, so not much diff imo but it will shrink by a bit. prob gonna stretch again to normal size after a few wears. no harm trying anyway.

for maximum effect, get a warm soak. overdoing the temperature will result in lots of indigo lost.

This is not true. Why do so many new people think hot water results in indigo loss. Indigo loss is achieved through abrasion. Just soak them in hot as you want but don't agitate them

The indigo loss is minimal , you won't even notice when they dry

Where in North American can I buy FlatHead 1001 online? I know I can get it at Rakuten (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/earthmarket/item/fh1001/), but I don't want to pay shipping and wait forever. None of the major online retailers, to my knowledge, carry it, and I've even e-mailed a few of them, but they have no plans of stocking them.

If I can't buy them in NA, what is their closest equivalent? I've seen the 2001, but I dislike the zipper fly.

Thanks!

Sorry about this...but I have another Red Wing sizing question.

I bought a pair of 9.5 Iron Rangers and they arrived today.

I was initially pretty set on getting size 9, but after faxing a tracing of my foot to Red Wing Australia, they measured me as a 9.5 and convinced me to try ordering them first.

The boots fit ok - left foot feels pretty comfortable and the arch seemed to be in a good position but my right foot (which is slightly shorter) was less comfy. They certainly don't feel tight in any way - probably a tad loose feeling if anything.

I need to lace them up pretty tight to suit my narrow feet and I'm getting a tiny bit of slippage in the heel when I walk.

I reckon they're possibly a bit too long - I have a bit under an inch (maybe 6/8ths of an inch or two cms) of room at the heel when I push my foot forward to touch the end of the toe box.

I plan on wearing these with thick socks, but also thinner ones (in an Australian summer).

I have pretty narrow feet, so I don't think width is going to be too much of an issue.

Any advice on whether to stay with the 9.5 or go down to a 9 would be much, much appreciated! Unfortunately trying pairs in a store is not an option for me.

Welp I backed the Gustin Kickstarter...Got a pair of Standards and Japanese Standards. I don't think they'll be here till April or May. I haven't seen any mention of Gustins on SUFU (I also haven't tried searching...) but does anyone have any experience with these?

Welp I backed the Gustin Kickstarter...Got a pair of Standards and Japanese Standards. I don't think they'll be here till April or May. I haven't seen any mention of Gustins on SUFU (I also haven't tried searching...) but does anyone have any experience with these?

Man i was really considering backing that too. I thought i saw something on here a couple weeks ago but not sure...

Man i was really considering backing that too. I thought i saw something on here a couple weeks ago but not sure...

There is a thread here on sufu, but the next day it got closed. Here it is: http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/144658-gustin-wholesale-sf-made-selvage-denim-at-wholesale/

On styleforum.net there is also a thread with some more activity: http://www.styleforum.net/t/330649/13-5-oz-cone-mills-selvedge-made-in-san-fransisco-and-only-81-kickstarter

Good luck!

tried searching but did not find any results.

any one knows how much will the ACNE Ace Cash stretch?

just received a pair in 28 and they are tight as hell on the waist(hips). i can button and zip it up all the way etc, just too tight for my liking.

not sure how much they will stretch out or i should send them back in exchange for a 29

thanks!

Edited by nictan

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic