SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

does anyone remember the name of a fairly young denim company that had a thread on superdenim? they were from thailand or some other south east asian country. they let you choose the denim fabric used, the back pocket design, the rivets & buttons etc.

^artist denim ? link

if I ordered the S5000VX21oz from BiG will they not have the sammy arcs + tab ?

if not where is my best bet for getting a pair with arcs + tab to be shipped in the U.S. ?

edit; are the S510XX21oz mutch different in terms of cut/fit ?

if I were a tagged size 31 in the S5000VX21oz, would I size the same for that kind of fit ?

answers and input are much appreciated my friends..

Edited by TheNorthern

It is very hard to get a conclusive answer regarding if the Lee 101z 23oz jeans are sanforized or not I even went to the local Lee store and they didn't know.

Online some stores say they are sanforized others say they are unsanforized does anyone know for sure? The pair I have is a good fit but might shrink to much if I wash them and I want to know before removing the tags and start wearing the pair.

Hi,

Quick question regarding "sanforizes vs unsanforized" denim.

I know it will affect the shrink after washing.

But does it also impact the way the jean is going to strech out?

I bought a new pair this weekd and I just learnt they are "sanforized".

I took them really tight and I really plan to get them streched out to the right cumfortable size.

Thank you and sorry for this noob question :)

EDIT : I didn't find the answer in the Sanforization topic

Edited by rexet

Hi,

Quick question regarding "sanforizes vs unsanforized" denim.

I know it will affect the shrink after washing.

But does it also impact the way the jean is going to strech out?

I bought a new pair this weekd and I just learnt they are "sanforized".

I took them really tight and I really plan to get them streched out to the right cumfortable size.

Thank you and sorry for this noob question :)

EDIT : I didn't find the answer in the Sanforization topic

Some people do think Sanforized jeans stretch more. OF course, there's a lot of variety in how effective Sanforization is; some do seem to shrink a little bit, so good luck!

I'm curious, is there any particular model of jeans which are no longer made and that are highly valued, i.e. someone has paid thousands for a pair in an auction or something? Authentic old pairs of Levi's, perhaps?

No, all the old Levi's are virtually worthless. In fact the older the pair, the less value it has. If you start with a pair of modern day repros at say $300, you can depreciate by about $2 per year on a straight line basis, so that a pair from the 1960s is worth approx $200 (50 years x $2 = $100), a pair from around 1915 = $100 and a pair from the early 1870s = $20. You get the general picture?

^ Too late, I think you're already in the realms of paying someone to take them off your hands. Give me $10, well let's call it £10 instead as we're both sterling geezers and you pay for the postage. Deal?

Does anybody have experience importing raw denim? have you travelled somewhere and happened to pick up a roll ? how much did it cost you? any details would be appreciated. Im planninog to head to australia, i'd like to know if there are any links to mills etc.

I am planning to order N&F's Skinnyguys but am not sure which size to get. I have a 32" waist, so should I get the size 30 (W31.5) or the 31 (W32.5)? I have heard that they will stretch after a while, and .5 inches shouldn't be too much, but I have also heard raws can shrink after the first wash.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic