SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

does stronghold still exist to make me some hickory pants? if not, is there anyone doing that besides ooe? and yes, i know that i could buy real work pants, but i've got some money to burn.

I need some help finding a new pair now. I've gone through just about every brand on Self Edge and BiG looking for something I want but haven't had much success. I'm looking for a fit VERY similar, if not identical, to the Flat Head SE05BSP. I've been wearing those with my APC New Cures. I bought a pair of PBJ xx-013 but they haven't been to my liking. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can jacket sleeves be shortened at the shoulder? If so, can anyone recommend someone who is good with it?

I have an Evisu jacket I want to keep. Had to go XXXL to get it around my chest and shoulders.....I can live with the extra torso length but the sleeves are ridiculously long on me.

I have never gotten raw jeans hemmed before. I just got a new pair though (22oz N&F e2) and I want these beasts hemmed. Can I just take it to a regular old tailor? Or should I take them into Self Edge? (if they will work on outside brands)

thanks!

depends on if you want chain stitch hemming or not, most run of the mill tailors don't do chain stitching so if you want an "authentic" hem with the possible "roping" effect, then it's up to you. Either way if you live in the city I couldn't imagine it being much more expensive to take it to se.

Edited by gringoinoki

Recently hemmed my Roys, do you guys think that they are too short for a small cuff at the moment? They are just perhaps 0.75 inches below the tops of my Jack Purcells, with a teeny bit of stacking.

a3287103.jpg

ff4c8d43.jpg

Edit: forgive the big butt! :wacko:

I think they look perfect as is. I don't think you have enough length for cuffing to work well, especially after you start to develop some combs behind the knees.

IH 634S RAW same denim as 634sr

Yes. It's the same unsanforized denim that shrinks from 21oz to 23oz.

does stronghold still exist to make me some hickory pants? if not, is there anyone doing that besides ooe? and yes, i know that i could buy real work pants, but i've got some money to burn.

Iron Heart IH-802, but those might be too much in the "real work pants" style for you.

best black jeans for 300~?

selvedge would be nice, 100% cotton, button fly, slim fit preferably

3sixteen+ 721BSP

3sixteen ST-220x

Pure Blue Japan NC-013

Pure Blue Japan NC-011

All of those should work for what you're asking. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there, just those are the first ones I thought of.

Edited by HoustonChris

I have a pair of the sexdbxsfxsufu and am pretty chill with the fit but i think its a little bit too loose.

Im thinking about giving it a hot soak but not sure how long i should keep them in i was thinking 40mins? I also want to hem them because i think the stacks are too much but correct me if im wrong

but are you supposed to hem them after the soak so they dont end up too short?

Edited by twrmndd

Can anyone Recommend a US Proxy Service?

I would like to buy some things that are 'Ship to US only'. I thought a Proxy might be able to help.

I know theres a Japanese Service on the Front Page but havent come across a US - Europe one? (im in the UK)

Thanks

I've been looking for some denim shirts, any ones I should know about?

what kind of denim shirts are you looking for? chambray or otherwise?

I have a pair of the sexdbxsfxsufu and am pretty chill with the fit but i think its a little bit too loose.

Im thinking about giving it a hot soak but not sure how long i should keep them in i was thinking 40mins? I also want to hem them because i think the stacks are too much but correct me if im wrong

but are you supposed to hem them after the soak so they dont end up too short?

yes, you are supposed to hem them after you are sure that they dont shrink anymore in the legs after you hot soak. i hope you haven't been already wearing them for a while before the hot soak...

Can anyone Recommend a US Proxy Service?

I would like to buy some things that are 'Ship to US only'. I thought a Proxy might be able to help.

I know theres a Japanese Service on the Front Page but havent come across a US - Europe one? (im in the UK)

Thanks

search one of the users on this site called Dark Animal (not sure about caps). i know he used to do some proxy-ing but can't be sure.

what kind of denim shirts are you looking for? chambray or otherwise?

would chambray fade and age like denim?

i would say im looking for a heavier wieght shirt i could almost use as a jacket? i was looking at jackets but i really dont like the style of most of them but a simple shirt would be awesome

another historical question. Can somebody please date or find out when the first "modern projectile loom" was invented and first commercially used. I have only found vauge refrences of sometime in the 1950's. I am looking into the history of the company R M Williams, and apparently they were making denim jeans around 1936. Even if they sourced the denim from elsewhere would it be the right assumption to presume it could only have been selvedge denim.

would chambray fade and age like denim?

i would say im looking for a heavier wieght shirt i could almost use as a jacket? i was looking at jackets but i really dont like the style of most of them but a simple shirt would be awesome

they would age but i wouldn't say that they fade like denim. with regards to a heavier shirt, im afraid i will be of no use as i live in a really hot country so i have no experience with heavier shirts. perhaps someone else could help.

another historical question. Can somebody please date or find out when the first "modern projectile loom" was invented and first commercially used. I have only found vauge refrences of sometime in the 1950's. I am looking into the history of the company R M Williams, and apparently they were making denim jeans around 1936. Even if they sourced the denim from elsewhere would it be the right assumption to presume it could only have been selvedge denim.

RM Williams were making denim in the 30s? wow.

Projectile looms only started to be used commercially in the late 60s and 70s. Wide loom shuttle denim became reasonably common in the mid 50s, before it's probably safe to say that before that time everything was made on narrow shuttle looms (although not all jeans, of course, actually used the selvage edge or had it showing).

I'm doing some research for a friend that I'm trying to get into raw denim. He's normally a 30 inseam, with a 33 waist - so I'm trying to find something under $200 bucks that has a tapered fit that isn't compromised by the inseam.

APC Petit Standards sz 32 and get them hemmed if it's too long is probably your best option. Theres not going to be a fantastic off the rack fit at that sizing without a hem unless he wants some big stacks.

they would age but i wouldn't say that they fade like denim. with regards to a heavier shirt, im afraid i will be of no use as i live in a really hot country so i have no experience with heavier shirts. perhaps someone else could help.

alright well ill take a look into chambray but id say the the IHD-01 shirt is what im looking for, but its way out of my price range. anyone have cheeper alternatives?

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic