SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

what aspect of the jeans reduces the 'shitted yourself' look?

caused by, my teenage ignorance, 'sagging'

the yoke? the rise?

got any recommendations on jeans?

my guess was the rise..

so a lower rise would do it?

so i was thinking

somet 003?

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2423&category_id=&manufacturer_id=36&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

i figured i really should ask what other cuts are like Nudie Olas.. They're pretty much exactly what i want but besides the fact that they can hardly be found anymore, i want somethin like it in grey.. So what can i look at? i'm finding it really really hard to find something like that...

just saw some photos of the grey Olas on revolve.. seems they're yet another pair of grey denim that looks light blue more than anything.. bummer.. but still, any other cuts that are similar???

well.. i never really liked nudies anyway with their huge back pockets and all..

oh and sorry, i forgot bout the edit function earlier.. else i would've stuck all this in one post at least.. or at most..

Dickies pants fits the category of workwear... or at least, for the work I do.

I don't know if you answer phones for a living or something like that... But the people I work with wouldn't DARE wear something to work that you couldn't find on the Walmart bargain rack.

Not to mention, I think the majority of people who wear jeans... wear them when they aren't doing heavy, physical labor. You'd be a fool to deny that.

What? they are denim, ask Mr Levis Strauss what they were designed for.

what's a good brand v-neck? i want the v sorta high and the shirt somewhat thick, not thin like an undershirt

Banana Republic has a line of basics that arent super thin. im addicted

their v-neck is not super low either. checkumout..

What? they are denim, ask Mr Levis Strauss what they were designed for.

... And Jeeps were designed for warfare... what's your point?

Just because Levi designed them for physical labor doesn't stop millions of children (without jobs), young adults (without jobs involving physical labor), and adults from wearing jeans leisurely or in jobs that involves easy work.

If you ask half of the brands people idolize on this forum, I guarantee they will most likely say that their clothes are designed for style and comfort as opposed to practical use in a blue-collar job. Are you trying to make the point that Dior Homme designs jeans for septic tank cleaners, or that PBJ/Samurai/Sugar Cane/whatever designs jeans for general contractors?

My original question was to see if anyone wore their expensive/good/designer/whatever jeans to a physical labor job.

Do you? Or better yet, do you even have a job involving physical labor?

[And relax, buddy. Think negative repping me is gonna knock me down? ;)]

... And Jeeps were designed for warfare... what's your point?

Just because Levi designed them for physical labor doesn't stop millions of children (without jobs), young adults (without jobs involving physical labor), and adults from wearing jeans leisurely or in jobs that involves easy work.

If you ask half of the brands people idolize on this forum, I guarantee they will most likely say that their clothes are designed for style and comfort as opposed to practical use in a blue-collar job. Are you trying to make the point that Dior Homme designs jeans for septic tank cleaners, or that PBJ/Samurai/Sugar Cane/whatever designs jeans for general contractors?

My original question was to see if anyone wore their expensive/good/designer/whatever jeans to a physical labor job.

Do you? Or better yet, do you even have a job involving physical labor?

[And relax, buddy. Think negative repping me is gonna knock me down? ;)]

Seriously, I'm done with you after this, but here we go, a nice essay for you to read.

People have been wearing denim for work for over a century. Denim is a fabric designed for workwear. That means it can withstand heavy wear associated with physical labour. That doesn't mean only labourers are allowed wear it of course but it is nothing novel for you to wear your jeans while sanding a table and accidently slip and sand your jeans for a 'badass mark'.

The fact that dior homme make jeans is irrelevant to me because I would never wear them for work or otherwise.

Sugarcane and many other Japanese denim makers create direct replicas of historic Levis and Lee jeans from the early part of last century, so yes they are copies of workwear

Jeans are not supposed to be babied and wrapped up in cotton wool. Thats why so many kids and everyday people wear them as you so rightly point out. Kids crawl around the dirt all day long in their jeans which is as hard on them as a day of work making denim jeans the popular choice for mothers everywhere.

It really isn't fucking rocket science. Now I suggest you get back to sanding a tabletop.

hey sufu - i just wanted to ask a few questions regarding

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=54200

Samurai S0510XX-10SP

How do they fit, is there some comparable levi or nudie model that these fit close to ?

also how much are these really worth? (the ones in the thread)

I'm looking to purchase these but i wanna learn a little bit more about them first

hey sufu - i just wanted to ask a few questions regarding

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=54200

Samurai S0510XX-10SP

How do they fit, is there some comparable levi or nudie model that these fit close to ?

also how much are these really worth? (the ones in the thread)

I'm looking to purchase these but i wanna learn a little bit more about them first

The 510 cut is Sam's "regular" cut. Meaning, based on Levi's 501, but not necessarily the current 501. It's basically a standard, straight leg, not loose, but not tight cut. If you're looking for skinny jeans, move on....you should be able to find fit pics in the old Sam thread.

Seriously, I'm done with you after this, but here we go, a nice essay for you to read.

People have been wearing denim for work for over a century. Denim is a fabric designed for workwear. That means it can withstand heavy wear associated with physical labour. That doesn't mean only labourers are allowed wear it of course but it is nothing novel for you to wear your jeans while sanding a table and accidently slip and sand your jeans for a 'badass mark'.

The fact that dior homme make jeans is irrelevant to me because I would never wear them for work or otherwise.

Sugarcane and many other Japanese denim makers create direct replicas of historic Levis and Lee jeans from the early part of last century, so yes they are copies of workwear

Jeans are not supposed to be babied and wrapped up in cotton wool. Thats why so many kids and everyday people wear them as you so rightly point out. Kids crawl around the dirt all day long in their jeans which is as hard on them as a day of work making denim jeans the popular choice for mothers everywhere.

It really isn't fucking rocket science. Now I suggest you get back to sanding a tabletop.

I'm not going to even touch on your logic here. That can be left to your shrink and/or parents.

My last statement: you're not getting my point. I know what jeans were originally intended for. I'm just pointing out that... well what do you know? The vast majority of people wearing jeans do not use them for their original (and inferred from your "arguments, sole) purpose. WHICH COMES TO MY QUESTION: who out there is wearing good jeans for their original purpose (hard, physical labor)?

So now I ask you: do you wear them for hard, physical labor? When answering customer service calls, do you wear your good jeans? When passing out fliers on London's busiest streets, do you wear your good jeans? When advertising weight loss pills to a list you received from the telemarketing agency, do you wear your good jeans? Etc. In my line of physical labor, I do. I'd like to see if anyone else does, but thanks to your Doctorate's thesis on the subject, I guess I know my answer: "since jeans were created for hard work, everyone uses their good jeans for hard work nowadays."

[And as for your ending, snide-attempting statement: I work for a resin table manufacturer. You don't sand resin tabletops. Fail.]

Actually I think I'll play along.

Firstly, wipe the fucking saw dust out your eyes and learn to read.

My point was/is that it is nothing novel for you to wear your jeans for physical labour as you so excitedly said in your first post.

I even said of course you can do whatever you want in your jeans. I never said you can only wear them for hard labour, as you tried to infer.

Since you are so interested in what I do for a living I'll tell you. I am a Molecular geneticist. I run a laboratory. Yes I have written a doctorate. And I couldn't care less if you don't sand a resin table top.

Finally, I wear my Japanese denim whatever I am doing be it diagnosing patients with inherited disorders, painting my house, laying paving slabs in the garden, landscaping the garden, dismantling the engine on my 1960's vespa. re-laying the 100 year old floorboars in my house or reinstating a100 year old fire place.

These are all thing I have done in my 'good jeans' over the past year.

Please now shut the fuck up.

Don't bother replying:

To add a user to either list, enter their name in the empty boxes for that list and click 'Save List'. Ignore List operationjake

I'd just like to point out I never stated it was "novel" (or cool or rad or unique or baddass or whatever; I also never "exitedly said so in my first post") to wear good denim while working. In fact, I was simply questioning WHO had done this as well, as I am for fucking sake not the only one. At least he finally answered me: he wears his Japanese denim in his diagnosing, gardening and remodeling! Hallelujah. I knew if I asked the question enough times, he would answer.

At least he had a cool story before he left. Sounds like he lives the life! Too bad he doesn't want to continue arguing something: a) I already won, B) does not need to be argued and c) he started.

17 year old shop hand: 1

26-40 (?) year old molecular geneticist: 0

Any advice on altering a pair of regular straight cut jeans into a pair of slim/skinny jean? I ask this is because i am thinking of altering a Hawaii to a skinny fit. The fabric is way awesome... but they don't come in slim or skinny.... awesome fabric never comes in slim/skinny.. why ? :(

Any advice on altering a pair of regular straight cut jeans into a pair of slim/skinny jean? I ask this is because i am thinking of altering a Hawaii to a skinny fit. The fabric is way awesome... but they don't come in slim or skinny.... awesome fabric never comes in slim/skinny.. why ? :(

there are other sugarcane models that you can get that would be more appropriate than the repro cut hawaii. try the SEXSC02 or wait for the new selfedge collaboration with slack denim.

there are other sugarcane models that you can get that would be more appropriate than the repro cut hawaii. try the SEXSC02 or wait for the new selfedge collaboration with slack denim.

I wan those 50% Cotton, 50% sugarcane fibers denim... in skinny.... is the new collab gonna be using that?

isnt most of sugarcane's denimz made from cotton/sugarcane? i could be wrong....... im not a sugarcane aficionado......................

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic