SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

I recently busted my ass on asphalt messing with friends. This morning, someone pointed out that it looked like I sat in gum, but, low, it was a tiny hole through the warp. The weft is still there, so it looks good (apart from it being a small hole).

Should I be worried that it might get larger and worse? If I should be, could anyone recommend a good precautionary measure?

-JF

I recently busted my ass on asphalt messing with friends. This morning, someone pointed out that it looked like I sat in gum, but, low, it was a tiny hole through the warp. The weft is still there, so it looks good (apart from it being a small hole).

Should I be worried that it might get larger and worse? If I should be, could anyone recommend a good precautionary measure?

-JF

Pics please.

A hole will probably develop...if they're worth it, sew a patch of denim on the inside of the hole to reinforce.

Dior 21cm or FH 4001?

Thats my question to you guys. I really shouldnt be buying anymore denim but it's about time I got something slimmer. I would go for the flat heads right now to be honest but I don't know somethings holding me back. I look at the denim on the flatheads and it seems dull, I can't really describe it. where as the diors have some shine on them.

How do the FH's fit in comparison with dior 21cm? and is the denim dull as soon as you as if that shine has been worn out already as soon as you buy?

Thanks

Dior 21cm or FH 4001?

Thats my question to you guys. I really shouldnt be buying anymore denim but it's about time I got something slimmer. I would go for the flat heads right now to be honest but I don't know somethings holding me back. I look at the denim on the flatheads and it seems dull, I can't really describe it. where as the diors have some shine on them.

Thanks

Wait til you see the FH denim. Holy shit! I agree pictures don't look good, but it's fucking beautiful.

Dior 21cm or FH 4001?

How do the FH's fit in comparison with dior 21cm? and is the denim dull as soon as you as if that shine has been worn out already as soon as you buy?

Thanks

You picked the 4001's instead of the F310's because they're black, right?

Anyway, the sheen goes away as soon as you wash them anyway, so unless you plan on never washing them, I wouldn't use that as a plus for the Diors. As far as the cuts go, I think the FH's are closer to the Dior 19's, but I might be wrong.

Personally, I would go with the FH's. Better denim imo.

I don't think anyone can deny that Flat Head denim is superior to Dior denim; Dior is all about the cut. I haven't tried 21cm so can't give you a direct comparison on the fit; my guess is that generally, the 4001 falls between the 19 and the 21, but they will not fit exactly like Dior; part of the reason for that is the thinner denim used by Dior. It clings and drapes differently.

I love my 4001s, they are great jeans.

A hole will probably develop...if they're worth it, sew a patch of denim on the inside of the hole to reinforce.

Should I aquire denim of my SEXSC, or would it not really matter?

Also, will the hole still grow and look authentic if I were to do that?

I'll get pics soon enough. It might be a day or two.

-JF

Should I aquire denim of my SEXSC, or would it not really matter?

Also, will the hole still grow and look authentic if I were to do that?

I'll get pics soon enough. It might be a day or two.

-JF

Any denim will do...matching denim would fade the same though.

Beatle - you had pics of your Sam's that you repaired...what thread are those in???

My bro told me that I should stitch around the hole to halt the hole ripping any larger. Is that correct? I could set a good area for the rip if it is..

I'll snip some of my 501 STF. Fine pair for cheap reinforcements.

With my WarehousexSuFu jeans, I washed and tumble dried them, and they got all these little "wrinkles" and creases in them. Not a big deal, I asked if they'd go away and I got a response in the thread that they would. I've been wearing them for a couple days now and I hardly see any improvement.

Would another wash and a hang dry (rather than using the drying machine) fix this?

With my WarehousexSuFu jeans, I washed and tumble dried them, and they got all these little "wrinkles" and creases in them. Not a big deal, I asked if they'd go away and I got a response in the thread that they would. I've been wearing them for a couple days now and I hardly see any improvement.

Would another wash and a hang dry (rather than using the drying machine) fix this?

Iron them inside out.

i just bought a pair of samurai s5000vx 2 weeks ago. havent washed, but did a two hour warm soak on the first day.

is it safe to hem them yet or is there more shrinkage to come?

Lots more shrinkage to come. Hot wash them inside out, no spic cycle, or give them at least 2 more hot soaks. Don't waste your time with "warm" anything.

So I decided I want to get LVC 501 55 (width 33" or 34"). But it seems to be impossible to get with 38" inseam... But I'm sure those used to exist.. Just not this season I guess? I checked aero, cultizm, rakuten... no 38".. :( Is there another place that has 38" inseams?
I want LVC 501 55 in 33x38 or 34x38. But I can't find a place that sells 38 inseam? I checked cultizm, aero, rakuten... nothing. So I guess this season there's no 38 inseam? Does someone know where I can still get a 38 inseam?

Oy...relax. You don't need to post twice in 5 minutes!

Try joenet.co.jp if you're looking for the Japanese/Euro collection...

Lots more shrinkage to come. Hot wash them inside out, no spiN cycle, or give them at least 2 more hot soaks. Don't waste your time with "warm" anything.

GimmeGimme is on point as always - you could also toss them in the dryer for about ten minutes after the hot wash and take them out while still damp for a hang dry to maximize the shrinkage. If you are going to do this, keep them inside out and line them along the drum of the dryer.

whats the different in the 19cm to the 21cm in diors?

anyone know?

looking for a black pair of Diors and not sure if I need 19 or 21cm?

Qouted from sXXXe:

They refer to the measurement of the hem of the jeans when laid flat, at a certain size (more on that later). The 19cm jean is the tapered model, and the 21cm jean is more of a straight leg. There is also a 17cm model, but I've never seen them in the US.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=199735&postcount=1

Oy...relax. You don't need to post twice in 5 minutes!

Try joenet.co.jp if you're looking for the Japanese/Euro collection...

Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the double post. I checked joenet.co.jp, but the 55501 seems to be 81 cm (=31.9") after shrinkage.. ridiculously short :( All deadstock models on joenet seem to have that inseam after shrinkage.. See here:

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.joenet.co.jp%2Fcasual%2Flevi%2Fvintage%2F55501%2F55501-0017%2F55501-0017.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Off topic but nice photo:

http://www.shorpy.com/tintype-cowboy-1939?size=_original

Lots more shrinkage to come. Hot wash them inside out, no spic cycle, or give them at least 2 more hot soaks. Don't waste your time with "warm" anything.
GimmeGimme is on point as always - you could also toss them in the dryer for about ten minutes after the hot wash and take them out while still damp for a hang dry to maximize the shrinkage. If you are going to do this, keep them inside out and line them along the drum of the dryer.

thanks gimmegimme and stropio. will the hot wash effect any of the fading/contrast? these sammies have an amazing color that id love to keep.

sorry if these questions are naive. first pair of raw denim...

thanks gimmegimme and stropio. will the hot wash effect any of the fading/contrast? these sammies have an amazing color that id love to keep.

sorry if these questions are naive. first pair of raw denim...

No it won't.. Indigo is insoluble in water. To get all the shrinkage out of the way it is best to use a dryer. No drying won't harm the jeans, have them inside out tho.

There u go

1240333321_e77cc7df37_m.jpg

1240332887_002b633125_m.jpg

1278781318_e0e461f80b_m.jpg

Haha, the hobo patch!?

I think I'll try something a bit more discrete.

Thanks ya'll. I should have things figured out from here.

-JF

What exactly is the point of soaking raw denim?

When, ideally, should one do it?

I have a pair of APC New Cures

that have been wore for about two months.

APC's are sanforized..no need to soak..

You soak raw , unsanforized denim to get rid of the shrinkage....

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic