SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

So, I'm lucky enough to have a friend in Japan, that's going to order a pair of s710xx for me. I've got pretty thin legs and want a snug & slim fit. I've gotten the impression that I'm supposed to size down one from my "true size" on 710. But I can't figure what my "true size" is.

My measured waist (above the navel) is 29,5 inches and the widest point on my hips is 34,5 inches. I could barely button my size 28 APC new cures all the way up when I bought them, but now they're a bit too loose in the waist and I have to pull them up all the time.

Would you guys figure 28 is the right s710xx size for me?

I'm sorry to add to the flood of sizing questions, but I'm really in need of some advice.

My waist measures 32 and my hips measure 34 and I wear a size 30 in 710, I wouldn't be able to go any smaller.

Is that your widest point of your hips or top of your pelvis? ARe you unable to go smaller because they're tight around your waist or your hip?

My 28 APCs rest too low on my waist and they sag, and 710 has a higher rise! But now that I think about it: If there's anywhere my APCs are really tight it's around my hips.

Apparently I've got an hourglass figure. I'm gonna have to learn to live with sag, or maybe I should go for girls-jeans. Does anyone have any experiences with samurais girl model? Is it a good idea for me to go for them or will it look overly feminine?

Is that your widest point of your hips or top of your pelvis? ARe you unable to go smaller because they're tight around your waist or your hip?

My 28 APCs rest too low on my waist and they sag, and 710 has a higher rise! But now that I think about it: If there's anywhere my APCs are really tight it's around my hips.

Apparently I've got an hourglass figure. I'm gonna have to learn to live with sag, or maybe I should go for girls-jeans. Does anyone have any experiences with samurais girl model? Is it a good idea for me to go for them or will it look overly feminine?

Its just below my waist, like its the lowest point I would wear my jeans. The widest part of me is maybe closer to 35. I can't go down any lower because the jeans would just be too tight everywhere. I can feel that the butt and crotch is quite tight already, legs aren't that tight. I am a size 30 in nudie slim jims and size 29 in regular ralf. If your in sweden, just go try a pair on and get the same size as you wear in slim jim.

Oh and about the girl samurais, they're pretty much all sold out. Unless theres been some kind of restock recently somewhere.

I wasn't aware NS had stretch in them...:confused:

I'm trying to think of something that fits like a NS, but there really isn't much. Most japanese jeans are straight or big up top with a taper (66 cut). So I guess gimmes got you covered there with the 500s, personally I think the 710 is a much more "modern" cut. But maybe its too heavy for you?

I'm trying to think of something that fits like a NS, but there really isn't much. Most japanese jeans are straight or big up top with a taper (66 cut). So I guess gimmes got you covered there with the 500s, personally I think the 710 is a much more "modern" cut. But maybe its too heavy for you?

They don't...but they stretch so much that they may as well!

14oz maybe... I dislike the lycra in apc its stretches like crazy plus they feel super thin.

there are APC jeans that dont have stretch, and some that do:

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/homme_jeans.php

but yeah, the raw ones will stretch out after wear. but thats different from the jeans that have stretch in it to retain shape.

there are APC jeans that dont have stretch, and some that do:

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/homme_jeans.php

but yeah, the raw ones will stretch out after wear. but thats different from the jeans that have stretch in it to retain shape.

The NS's do not though.

edit - I shouldn't say that...I don't exactly keep up with what APC puts out..."last I saw...NS's don't conain lycra"

I think i'm gonna go with the even stevens or the RR's but first what's the difference between the Even Steven Dry Organic and the Even Steven Dry? And what are your thoughts on the RR's? I know they are bootcuts but is it that big to where it surrounds most of the shoe?

Guys I really need your help because I'm not a super jetset, super fashion kind of guy. I stumbled upon some Sugar Cane Jeans 1947 style at an unclaimed baggage/ lost luggage store. I picked them off the rack, tried them on, and thought they looked OK for $8. Come to find out they retail for $300, and they have a label that will never be made again. I'm probably gonna ebay them, but wanted to get some info first. These have been washed a few times I think because of the faded labels and tabs. The one label on the pocket says SC41947H-061.

Anything I should know about these before I list them, like how I could check to see if they've been tailored?

Appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Guys I really need your help because I'm not a super jetset, super fashion kind of guy. I stumbled upon some Sugar Cane Jeans 1947 style at an unclaimed baggage/ lost luggage store. I picked them off the rack, tried them on, and thought they looked OK for $8. Come to find out they retail for $300, and they have a label that will never be made again. I'm probably gonna ebay them, but wanted to get some info first. These have been washed a few times I think because of the faded labels and tabs. The one label on the pocket says SC41947H-061.

Anything I should know about these before I list them, like how I could check to see if they've been tailored?

Appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Those are mine...giv'em back.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3206&category_id=&manufacturer_id=3&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

There are 3 types of Even Steven, they are all pretty different.

Even steven dry organic, greencast with orange stitching, really woudln't recommend it, it pills like crazy after a wash and the denim looks crap to me.

Even Steven Blue Blacks - regular blue, stiff denim, with navy/black stitching throughout the whole jean, pretty unique, breaks in really fast. (check lildavids pair)

Even Steven Dry - Just like the blue blacks, but with normal nudie orange contrast stitching, thats my personal favourite since I like the contrast.

I think i'm gonna go with the even stevens or the RR's but first what's the difference between the Even Steven Dry Organic and the Even Steven Dry? And what are your thoughts on the RR's? I know they are bootcuts but is it that big to where it surrounds most of the shoe?
the only difference is that 'dry organic' is made with 100% organic cotton, whereas 'dry' is not. the measurements are exactly the same. the bootcut for regular ralfs varies with waist size. in most cases, it wouldn't cover most of the shoe.

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic