SUPERDENIM SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD (Use instead of making new threads)

minya

Was wondering what people's experience has been with shrinkage on LHT vs. RHT. I know that with RHT denim, most of the shrinking is lengthwise rather than widthwise (or circumference-wise, as it were)

Does LHT do the opposite (that is, does it shrink more widthwise than length wise?) I was theorizing that part of the issue with shrinking was that it was a function of how the twill was oriented.

And yes, this is a very denim geek question.

Thank you sir. And as a follow up question, When I put these in the dryer, it's best to put them inside out, correct?
wash and dry inside out, ALWAYS.

Incidentally, I tried washing and drying outside out a few times with my SCs (just to see what would happen) It turns out that you get all of these creases (kinda "crack" shaped, if that makes sense) all throughout your denim.

It's an interesting look and it adds a little flavor to my SCs. I don't think I would do it with all of my denim, though

By washing inside out, the creases form on the inside of the fabric and additional wear through agitation of the washing cycle is prevented.

Was wondering what people's experience has been with shrinkage on LHT vs. RHT. I know that with RHT denim, most of the shrinking is lengthwise rather than widthwise (or circumference-wise, as it were)

Does LHT do the opposite (that is, does it shrink more widthwise than length wise?) I was theorizing that part of the issue with shrinking was that it was a function of how the twill was oriented.

I've read that LHT is supposed to shrink more than RHT. I've never heard anything about the legnth/width thing.....the s0110's I just bought shrunk 3" in length...but maybe that's what all Sam's do? I'm sure one of the textile experts here will have a definitive answer.

The denim used for the 003 is LHT and seems to shrink less than the RHT used in the 103. I don't have the 103, but I've been able to size down 2 on my 003 because of that.

I'm thinking about getting a pair of Dior 19cm's. Now I got a few questions I hope you guys are willing to answer:

Why should I get a MIJ over a MII? Is it only because of the streching or is the overall look of the MIJ nicer? And what would a pair of MIJ's approx. cost me?

Basicly the MIJ is better Quality cause ts jappanese Old Loom Denim.

Also the MIJ looks better.

The MIJ price starts by 260$

^ I'm not sure about that either, but I do know that the difference between the 003 and the 103 is that the 003 is the LHT and the 103 is the RHT, both in the same cut.

I remember reading that you should size down 2 on the 003's from what you wear in the 103's...but I can't remember if that was due to them being larger or shrinking less.

i wanna buy some edwins, but i don't know which ones...

any suggestions for some neither baggy nor slim ones ? like a regular fit which can be worn cuffed and stackt ?

how is the nashvill ? and is the ed-77 that tight ? i don't know so much about edwin, but i thought the denim was nice...

thanks

Guest Mayhem

can anyone name some skinny black denim jeans on the $200+ side? also anyone know the knee and leg opening for lvc 1947 501s for a size 31 or 32? thanks.

wrong year for lvc.

Guest Mayhem

thanks for replying. but for the sammies, i was looking at the measurements at BIG and it appears that the denim is for big people or baggy. im a skinny dude and slim is regular and skinny is slim. how is the shrinkage on the bks?

Well, if that's the case I'd veer away from the Samurais then (although shrinkage is about 1.5-2 inches or so, results may vary), since they won't be particularly skinny on you. Plus the Skulls are a one-wash, so you won't have to worry about that, either. The Skulls do stretch a bit, so you might want to size down one.

i like the edwin 503

i wanna buy some edwins, but i don't know which ones...

any suggestions for some neither baggy nor slim ones ? like a regular fit which can be worn cuffed and stackt ?

how is the nashvill ? and is the ed-77 that tight ? i don't know so much about edwin, but i thought the denim was nice...

thanks

perosn who answer this, i will appreciate your help,really

I am gonna drop some serious dough on denim, what should i be looking for, e.g brand and what makes quality in the denim

i am like a guy who thinks jeans is jeans but after reading a bit about jeans i think jeans is crazy good stuff

so i want some quality and never buy for another 50 years..thanks in advance for your input

yo! what size Dior raw MIJ 19cm do i need if i'm a 30 in nudies and a 31 in pbj xx005? and is there a difference between blue and black, when choosing size? shoot me a pm, thanks!

A 30 sounds like the right choice for black MIJ 19 cm - and a 29 for the indigo..

I believe the black ones run a tad smaller

• superfuture unpinned, featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic